Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
3300 rupees all told.

Thanks

bought the fire armor set, definitely worth it.

and started finding the sweet spot for strikes in snowling!

Actually in the 4th beast, got the map (where it was dark until the map was received),

taking a breather.

man I think this game has a reasonable difficulty and amazing depth, can't imagine being a super young kid playing this.

like growing up to Breath of the Wild.

I was 9 when Ocarina of Time came out,

im also approaching sad even though I still haven't beat it. getting there,

its a great thing Mk8 deluxe comes out in a week. no downtime of back to reality! haha even though I have some Indies/could take a video game breather in general

MK8 will be a great wind down, from the wind.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
So I have 13 hearts, the master sword, and some edibles that help with health but probably should wander to collect more

will I be alright fighting ganon or is there something I should stock up on?

gonna talk to impa, then ganon, then BOTW breather

whats the DLC supposed to bring? I know nothing about this,

edit-- just beat it,

so sad did it have to end :( but ill still wander around the world, GTA-Link style,

KOG0zn.gif

great game, challenging but not TOO much just the right amount, and the length/depth is mind-blowing,

I think they can take the story telling even further what kinda ending is that??

Last edited:

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
So I have 13 hearts, the master sword, and some edibles that help with health but probably should wander to collect more

will I be alright fighting ganon or is there something I should stock up on?

gonna talk to impa, then ganon, then BOTW breather

whats the DLC supposed to bring? I know nothing about this,

edit-- just beat it,

so sad did it have to end :( but ill still wander around the world, GTA-Link style,

KOG0zn.gif

great game, challenging but not TOO much just the right amount, and the length/depth is mind-blowing,

I think they can take the story telling even further what kinda ending is that??
I created a second profile on my switch just so I can play the game again, lol. Having just as much fun as the first time.

Reactions: GeekishlyGreek

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'm thinking about replaying this game once I've 100%ed it. I really don't want it to end. Ah well.

So! 150 hours in and I've never once hurt a fox. They're too gentle and run away, whereas wolves are just annoying. I tried to avoid them too but now I just kill one ASAP to get their group to disperse. Anywho! Foxes are safe in my game. I tried using the wolf link amibo but it would run after foxes, so that feature was useless to me. Yesterday once of those skeleton Moblins killed a fox that was running past me. So, I killed the vile monster, took its arm, walked over to death mountain (from near Gerardo!) and cast it into the crater.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I've tried Zelda games before, and didn't really like them - with the story and quests.

With this one - can I just wander and explore? Turns out I really like those type of games (No Mans Sky) - just do what I want casually.

There's a used copy at my local GS and just looking for more games for my Switch.

Thanks...

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I really don't want it to end. Ah well.

So! 150 hours in and I've never once hurt a fox. They're too gentle and run away, whereas wolves are just annoying. I tried to avoid them too but now I just kill one ASAP to get their group to disperse. Anywho! Foxes are safe in my game. I tried using the wolf link amibo but it would run after foxes, so that feature was useless to me. Yesterday once of those skeleton Moblins killed a fox that was running past me. So, I killed the vile monster, took its arm, walked over to death mountain (from near Gerardo!) and cast it into the crater.

I will never 100% it but it's just a so incredibly relaxing and satisfying game I'll very likely re-buy it once I got my Switch console and replay it.
And I basically never kill any animals - except Wolves and the occasional fish don't count. Hated that deer-quest therefore ;)
[doublepost=1493891678][/doublepost]
I've tried Zelda games before, and didn't really like them - with the story and quests.

I'd defo give it a shot. It's got free exploration written all over it. Also you get the optional shrine puzzles along the way which are kind of relaxing as well.

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
So I have 13 hearts, the master sword, and some edibles that help with health but probably should wander to collect more.....

Why did I think you needed a lot more hearts to get the master sword?

I've finally unlocked the entire map, and finished my second beast (the flying one), and am currently getting beat to death by the Yiga Clan in the hideout for the Thunder Helm.

Overall, I would say they brought me back to my childhood (read. Original NES) and games that were actually difficult.

Looking forward to Skyrim for the switch this year.

Last edited:

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
I will never 100% it but it's just a so incredibly relaxing and satisfying game I'll very likely re-buy it once I got my Switch console and replay it.
And I basically never kill any animals - except Wolves and the occasional fish don't count. Hated that deer-quest therefore ;)
[doublepost=1493891678][/doublepost]

I'd defo give it a shot. It's got free exploration written all over it. Also you get the optional shrine puzzles along the way which are kind of relaxing as well.

Thanks for the advice!

I just got a used copy at GS for $40 after my coupons/discounts.

Didn't have the original box (someone just turned the chip in), but GS put it in the display-only box. I was thinking that may be a collector's item one day so I didn't care about the original box.

Anyways, REALLY enjoying it - just doing what I want. I can chose a quest if I want. Just exploring the area around the church looking place right now. Nice to be able to do things on my own pace (compared to other Zelda games), not to mention on a mobile device.

Loving my PSVR as well - gonna get it working on my PC over the weekend.

One day, Nintendo will get into VR - that WILL BE AMAZING!!!

Reactions: twietee

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Why did I think you needed a lot more hearts to get the master sword?

I've finally unlocked the entire map, and finished my second beast (the flying one), and am currently getting beat to death by the Yiga Clan in the hideout for the Thunder Helm.

Overall, I would say they brought me back to my childhood (read. Original NES) and games that were actually difficult.

Looking forward to Skyrim for the switch this year.

Pretty sure thats the minimal threshold, but I could be wrong. I was one or two short of it, watched a video and counted it out, and was like "IM CLOSE!"

spent too many shrines on stamina in the beginning

But I didn't realize after u do a first full rotation around the standard stamina, it keeps going for a second rotation (haven't even completed the first)... from watching another video

:O

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
Pretty sure thats the minimal threshold, but I could be wrong. I was one or two short of it, watched a video and counted it out, and was like "IM CLOSE!"

spent too many shrines on stamina in the beginning

But I didn't realize after u do a first full rotation around the standard stamina, it keeps going for a second rotation (haven't even completed the first)... from watching another video

:O

I have 10 now... Made a little bit of money from the "snowling" and am still having issues with the Yiga... I'll get them soon enough... Those guards CAN be killed, yeah? The guys with the swords are just BRUTAL.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I have 10 now... Made a little bit of money from the "snowling" and am still having issues with the Yiga... I'll get them soon enough... Those guards CAN be killed, yeah? The guys with the swords are just BRUTAL.

Nah the yiga/banana mission is like Splinter Cell Link haha,

throw some bananas to distract them,

I loved that part of the game

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
I think a lot of my problem is that 1) when I first started I had no idea what I was doing, and 2) I was trying it in handheld mode, which I'm not sure that I like... My hands feel weird spaced so far apart right now. Something I'll have to get used to in the future, but all of my switch gaming has been docked.

ljonesj

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
Kingsport TN
Nothing wrong that I do mix of handheld and docked myself I like both and never been a zelda fan but love breath of the wild puzzles are not to hard but hard enough

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
Nothing wrong that I do mix of handheld and docked myself I like both and never been a zelda fan but love breath of the wild puzzles are not to hard but hard enough

I think a lot of my problem is that 1) when I first started I had no idea what I was doing, and 2) I was trying it in handheld mode, which I'm not sure that I like... My hands feel weird spaced so far apart right now. Something I'll have to get used to in the future, but all of my switch gaming has been docked.

I docked mine once just to see if the adapter and dock were working.

I'm going to skip the pro controller as I'm not really using it docked, and I found the joy-con grip perfectly comfortable for me.

Funny, we are using it as Nintendo has been touting - exactly the way the gamers want to use it... ;)

s0nicpr0s

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Illinois
Do someone knows how to make custom NFC tag, so i could get goddess sword and fierce deity costume?
There seems to a be metric ton of sellers on eBay selling custom tags, I'm sure they could help out. I know you would need a specific type of tag, a writer, and the information that gets stored on it. But I have no details on what to do or what to buy.

I like collecting the various amiibo figures, so I'd rather just wait the two months until the new amiibo come out and get them then.

JohnGrey

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2012
Cincinnati Metro
Do someone knows how to make custom NFC tag, so i could get goddess sword and fierce deity costume?

Sure, you need five things:

1.) 2 NFC NTAG215 tags (504 bytes readable)
2.) The spoofed dumps (.bin files) for MM and SS Link
3.) Android device capable of writing NFC tags
4.) TagMo APK v2.3.2 (higher versions do not work)
5.) The unfix and lock keys to go with TagMo.

The dumps and APK can be found relatively easily through Google. The unfix and lock keys are somewhat more difficult to come by and I don't want to point them out directly but reading about TagMo in general and working with Google search should get you where you need to go.

Hope this helps.

hawkeye_a

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2016
Finally got back into the game over the weekend, and got to my fist colossus... i mean divine beast. :)

Actually had a few frame-rate hiccups while getting to Zora's domain.

Last edited:

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I've got the DLC and just started playing Master mode. I deliberately didn't touch it because I wanted to see where I went early in the game, and that Heros Path thing only shows the last 200 hours of gameplay and with my gametime at 195 hours I thought I should wait. But loading the map up shows I've only got 75% of the way to filling the Heros Path progress bar. So I dunno what's going on there but I'm happy either way. It's so interesting looking at where I've been and spotted loads of places I haven't even seen yet!

But the problem is I'm hooked on building stuff with the partner on Minecraft and I just picked up Gonner too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.