Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UK-MacAddict

macrumors 65816
May 11, 2010
Funny, Apple's reputation from day one has been that its devices are more expensive than the competition, because they are seen as more "premium." So though you say it's "always price, end of story," clearly it is not. People who buy Apple devices rather than HPs, Dells, Samsungs, Motorolas or Googles are willing to bite the bullet and pay more, because they feel they get more. It's been that way for decades.

If you want a cheaper device, you shop elsewhere. Apple doesn't play in the same sandbox as the brands aimed at price-sensitive shoppers.
Prices were reasonable under Steve Jobs. Yes they were more expensive than competitors but not to the point you felt ripped off like you do now.

Price to customer value used to be good now the price is overpriced for the product you’re actually getting 8GB in Macs in 2024 is ridiculous.

Have no issue paying more when the goods actually live up to the price point.

Reactions: AstonSmith

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Oh! I never said Apple is doomed. As long as there are staunch supporters who support Apple blindly, they are not going to be doomed. Even if they price a polishing cloth at a ridiculous $20.
Perfect. As long as there is agreement that you in no way speak for those who have a different view of value and price. Until you pay for the products the consumers want to buy you have no right to be judgmental regarding purchase decisions with someone else’s money.

Reactions: Jumpthesnark

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Everyone. Apple shares have fallen 12% so far this year, and they trade 14% below their all-time high.

However, several analysts are still bullish about the stock hoping that their AI push will do the trick.
Right and stock prices rise and fall. Similar conversations happened years ago in MR and then apple stock headed for record breaking highs. Be careful about labeling one or two data points as a trend.

Beautyspin

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2012
Perfect. As long as there is agreement that you in no way speak for those who have a different view of value and price. Until you pay for the products the consumers want to buy you have no right to be judgmental regarding purchase decisions with someone else’s money.
Apple is not doomed because of this. Apple is doomed because of something else. All the antitrust investigations will break the walled garden. Apple will be doomed because of that or Apple will be forced to actually compete. If they cannot, then they are doomed.

webkit

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2021
United States
Some seem to be complaining about high/rising iPhone prices. Looking back at the U.S. starting prices of iPhones (excluding SE models, previous year models, carrier incentives tied to plan commitments, etc.) and adjusting for inflation:

iPhone 3G - $855
iPhone 3GS - $875
iPhone 4 - $929
iPhone 4S - $893
iPhone 5 - $880
iPhone 5C - $733
iPhone 6 - $852
iPhone 6S - $851
iPhone 7 - $842
iPhone 8 - $889
iPhone XR - $927
iPhone 11 - $851
iPhone 12 mini - $875
iPhone 13 mini - $832
iPhone 14 - $874
iPhone 15 - Currently available for $829

The iPhone 15 starting price is lower than the inflation adjusted price of other iPhone except for the 5C. Yes, Apple introduced the higher end Pro level line with greater capabilities but no one is forced to go with a Pro model. The starting price of the iPhone 15 Pro ($999) is over $200 less than what the inflation adjusting starting price of the original (iPhone 11) Pro model was in 2019.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
If other Android phone manufacturers would follow Google and Samsung's lead of guaranteed seven years of Android version updates, then I expect Android sales to really start to boom again. I really hope Lenovo (Motorola) and Nokia follow this example.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Apple is not doomed because of this. Apple is doomed because of something else. All the antitrust investigations will break the walled garden. Apple will be doomed because of that or Apple will be forced to actually compete. If they cannot, then they are doomed.
Or, it won’t. The US case will take years to figure out and with the big vote coming much can change.

ProbablyDylan

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles
If other Android phone manufacturers would follow Google and Samsung's lead of guaranteed seven years of Android version updates, then I expect Android sales to really start to boom again.

I don't think many "normal" customers care about updates. I think most of us have that aunt/uncle/cousin that never update their phone because they're afraid it'll change or move stuff.

Jumpthesnark

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2022
California
Prices were reasonable under Steve Jobs. Yes they were more expensive than competitors but not to the point you felt ripped off like you do now.

Price to customer value used to be good now the price is overpriced for the product you’re actually getting 8GB in Macs in 2024 is ridiculous.

Have no issue paying more when the goods actually live up to the price point.

Those are very subjective statements, so they clearly don't apply to all of us.

Perhaps you feel "ripped off," others don't. Likewise for "...value used to be good now the price is overpriced..." Many of us feel that the goods do live up to the price point.

The Macs & iPhone I own were built and purchased post Steve Jobs. Cook has been CEO for 12 years, after all. So my devices, which I am happy with, have value that lived up to their prices.

The decisions we each make are not based on "always price, end of story," but on many factors that allow different consumers to reach different purchase decisions.

Reactions: Abazigal and I7guy

MrSegundus

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2021
Apple is more stale than 1 year old bread. There is zero innovation going on with iPhones and Apple Watches that it’s frustrating to get the same phone year after year, just slightly upgraded. I’ve been thinking about switching over to the S24 Ultra just to have a phone that’s exciting again.

• Disagree
Reactions: I7guy

Jumpthesnark

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2022
California
I partly agree with what you are saying. As you said, for many of us paying a “premium” was worth it because Apple provided a superior experience when compared with the competition. The problem today is that the competition has improved to the point that Apple’s premium pricing is not really worth it anymore. For me this is really obvious where computers are concerned (Windows vs. Mac). Others have made similar comments about the current state of Android phones vs. iPhones (I can’t comment on phones, never tried Android).

So it’s not so much “I want a cheaper device”, it’s “Apple’s premium pricing is not buying the added value that it used to, so I’m buying something else”.

I agree, both Windows and Android have gotten better over recent years. I used to have a Windows machine at work (less than 8 years ago) and it was a horrible experience. I tried one recently and it was much improved (though I still feel the OS and software is much more bloated, and intrusive, than Apple's. Hardware was cr*p). Same with Android. I bought an Android phone recently to try it out and though the OS leaves a lot to be desired in many ways, it's also very easy to customize to the individual and overall it's well integrated and works smoothly. The hardware is a mixed bag - like a 120MHz screen that I heard was gorgeous, and is definitely no better than Apple's, and a camera that was supposed to be superior that I found was just... similar. The neediness and intrusiveness from Google is still a big turn off for me, though.

Both are greatly improved from where similar devices were several years ago. Neither is good enough to make me want to switch.

I think both platforms have been keeping an eye on the competition, and learning from what Apple does that works well. Apple should likewise take note of the competition and your sentiment as a consumer.

Reactions: Mr_Ed and I7guy

UK-MacAddict

macrumors 65816
May 11, 2010
Those are very subjective statements, so they clearly don't apply to all of us.

Perhaps you feel "ripped off," others don't. Likewise for "...value used to be good now the price is overpriced..." Many of us feel that the goods do live up to the price point.

The Macs & iPhone I own were built and purchased post Steve Jobs. Cook has been CEO for 12 years, after all. So my devices, which I am happy with, have value that lived up to their prices.

The decisions we each make are not based on "always price, end of story," but on many factors that allow different consumers to reach different purchase decisions.

I feel sorry for you having only experienced an Apple in the Tim Cook era. Its been terrible.

Not subjective statements at all really they deliberately withhold features to charge you a premium when they should be there in the first place as standard as they used to be.

So you're happy for Apple to charge you £200 to upgrade from 8GB to 16GB of RAM and £400 for a 2TB SSD? These are just the base upgrades. If you go above 16GB of RAM and 2TB storage the prices verge on the insane.

16GB and 1TB SSD should be the standard in 2024.

Also youre happy to purchase an iPads charged at laptop prices even though they done actually run MacOS.

The same old argument is that Apple offers more choice now, but that does not benefit the consumer. Before it was one iPad model, one iPhone model and that model had all the lastest features.

Like I said in previous post if there as only one iPhone model you would be getting the 15 Pro Max at £799 the starting price of the iPhone 15.

• Haha

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I feel sorry for you having only experienced an Apple in the Tim Cook era. Its been terrible.

Not subjective statements at all really they deliberately withhold features to charge you a premium when they should be there in the first place as standard as they used to be.

So you're happy for Apple to charge you £200 to upgrade from 8GB to 16GB of RAM and £400 for a 2TB SSD? These are just the base upgrades. If you go above 16GB of RAM and 2TB storage the prices verge on the insane.

16GB and 1TB SSD should be the standard in 2024.

Also youre happy to purchase an iPads charged at laptop prices even though they done actually run MacOS.

The same old argument is that Apple offers more choice now, but that does not benefit the consumer. Before it was one iPad model, one iPhone model and that model had all the lastest features.

Like I said in previous post if there as only one iPhone model you would be getting the 15 Pro Max at £799 the starting price of the iPhone 15.
The counterpoint is also that you may not get the 15 pro max in its current incarnation because it wouldn't be financially feasible to offer it at $799. Who knows what corners Apple would have to cut in order to hit that price point? The simple logic is that phones are costing more because they cost more to make, and the non-pro iPhones are what allow Apple to make the best iPhones possible while still charging what they believe is a fair price for them.

The fact that the majority of iPhones sold are the pro models show that users want the best, and are willing to pay for the best as far as iPhones are concerned.

And maybe I can now come in with my own personal experiences.

My first Macbook was a 11" MBA in 2012. I got the base 4gb ram model. My understanding was that the entry level 2011 MBA model came with just 2gb ram, and ran fine. So I know what a massive improvement the M1 chip has been (very noticeable increase in performance and battery life). If there are performance constraints to be had from it having just 8gb ram, I have not felt it. It still runs as smoothly as it did 3.5 years ago. I enjoy using it over my work-issued windows laptop with 16gb ram and 512gb storage, which for all its specs, takes way longer to wake up from sleep, and has on more than one occasion failed to hibernate properly and proceeded to burn through my battery life and get boiling hot while at it. Maybe it's not fair to compare a personal laptop with one that is laden with enterprise software, but I have never really had a good impression of Windows, and my bugbear with it is not something that can be resolved simply by throwing more ram at it.

I am also currently using slightly less than half of the storage on my MBA with 256gb storage, so I am not really pressed for more space either. If I ever need more in the future, I will pay.

I am happy with paying laptop-level pricing for iPads, because they have proven to be situationally way more useful than PCs in my use case. Those of you who have been following me for some time will know that I am a teacher who had been experimenting with how to incorporate the use of my iPad in the classroom since 2012. I am currently still using my 2018 iPad Pro to teach in the classroom. It's been going strong for 5.5 years, the writing experience with the Apple Pencil has never been better, and I for one am happy that my iPad does not run macOS, because it would actually be a downgrade for me (I don't want to be fiddling with a desktop UI on an 11" display).

It was also Tim Cook's iPad that added the apple pencil and Smart Keyboard and gave users options. There were third party styluses I could buy with my first iPad, and they all sucked.

When the next iPad is released, I see myself getting the top-end iPad Pro, and I am willing to pay for the new Apple Pencil and redesigned keyboard as well. I may even get both the Smart Keyboard and Magic Keyboard folios so I can swap them out (eg: keep the magic keyboard at my desk as some sort of dock, while bringing my smart keyboard to class).

I held on to my iPhone 8+ for 4 years before upgrading to the 13 pro max, and I see myself sticking with it for maybe 4 years minimum?

I am also still using my Apple Watch series 5 from 2019, and it's still working great. I have had the batteries for my Apple Watch, iPhone 13 Pro Max and iPad Pro replaced, but otherwise, they all work fine.

I am not even mad that my iPhone came without a charger because I have too many third party chargers scattered around the house and at my workplace. If anything, I would like to see more companies make charging bricks optional. They are all just collecting dust in my drawer, because the sheer number of devices I have charging at my desk means I end up consolidating them via multi-port chargers anyways.

People who complain that they have to pay $1 a month for icloud storage don't seem to realise that dropbox charges like $100 a year for 1tb, and the issue is that I don't need anywhere near that much space, and there is no option to downgrade.

So my overall experience with Apple products is that while I pay more upfront for my apple hardware, they have more than paid for themselves in the form of greater productivity and fewer problems overall, and that's really the value add for me. I am happy with my decision to embrace the apple ecosystem in its entirety, and I see myself staying a happy apple customer for a good many years to come, and I no longer need to be replacing my hardware every 2 years now because they last longer, and are supported for longer.

If this is Tim Cook's legacy, then I am all for it.

dozoy

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2024
I think Samsung has finally gotten their Galaxy S models right with the S23 and now S24 models. I would consider switching to the Galaxy S24+ but moving especially music over is not exactly an easy job.
I recently moved to an s24u (still have a first Gen iPad pro, Intel MacBook, and iPhone 7plus I use regularly). I never used Apple music - I keep my music on a Plex server, so moving music wasn't difficult in the least. Getting my contacts moved over was easy, I moved my passwords to a platform-agnostic service, but getting my photos off iCloud was way too difficult.

I don't have enough space on the Mac to download all my photos locally, so I had to use the Windows application. Apple, in their infinite wisdom, does not allow you to change the directory the photos are saved to. I had to figure out how to create an NTFS link to another drive and fool the iCloud application.

Now I backup my photos locally via an Immich server and via OneDrive. I purposely didn't use Google photos because they separate the metadata from your photos. You end up having to use a separate tool to combine them again.

All is right on my phone. I'll never willingly use a cloud backup system that is locked to a specific hardware platform again. Now my photos are seamlessly backed up locally as well as to the cloud. I can access both remotely as I could with iCloud.

Platform and service lock-in is real and these tech companies depend on it. It shouldn't take someone of my skill level to do this.

It will STILL be difficult to go back to an iPhone, but really just because it will be difficult to get iCloud to ingest a large amount of photos. However, they'll be available on OneDrive. Apple just won't let OneDrive sync in the background....

Last edited:

mrgrdn

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2024
So, when Apple sales had been increasing all these years, was it because iPhones were not durable and reliable? Why have they suddenly become durable and reliable in 2024? Any insights? :)
Of course not. There could be various reasons for this, but in my opinion, it's definitely not solely about the price. According to a study by Asymco, iPhones have been typically used for an average of four years and three months over the past decade. Perhaps this aligns with the timeframe of that study.

Additionally, I've noticed an increasing number of Android users switching to Apple, citing their desire for a dependable phone that can be used for several years, especially due to the regular updates.

mrgrdn

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2024
I don't know where you are located, but the U.S. is not in a recession.
It is important to consider that both in Germany and in the USA, the economy faces challenges. Last year, America managed to avoid a recession, but this year one is anticipated. Yesterday, it was reported at the stock exchange that the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) data in the USA fell significantly below expectations, and the inflation data significantly exceeded expectations. Now, there is a risk of stagflation.

Beautyspin

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2012
Of course not. There could be various reasons for this, but in my opinion, it's definitely not solely about the price. According to a study by Asymco, iPhones have been typically used for an average of four years and three months over the past decade. Perhaps this aligns with the timeframe of that study.

Additionally, I've noticed an increasing number of Android users switching to Apple, citing their desire for a dependable phone that can be used for several years, especially due to the regular updates.
The point is that iPhones had been lasting 4.3 years in 2023 also. There must be other reasons why the demand is dropping, not durability and reliability. If more Android users are switching to iPhones, there should be an increase in activations, which does not explain why the activations have decreased? It is because most people users are not upgrading/switching because the value proposition is no longer there with iPhone whereas it is still there with Android.

mrgrdn

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2024
The point is that iPhones had been lasting 4.3 years in 2023 also. There must be other reasons why the demand is dropping, not durability and reliability. If more Android users are switching to iPhones, there should be an increase in activations, which does not explain why the activations have decreased? It is because most people users are not upgrading/switching because the value proposition is no longer there with iPhone whereas it is still there with Android.
Indeed!
When I examine the comprehensive market share statistics, it's evident that there's a notable trend. While Apple's share is gradually ascending, Android's is gradually declining. This observation strongly aligns with my hypothesis regarding the shift from Android to Apple. Crying on the highest level? Wouldn't bother me if you look into the future

Beautyspin

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2012
Indeed!
When I examine the comprehensive market share statistics, it's evident that there's a notable trend. While Apple's share is gradually ascending, Android's is gradually declining. This observation strongly aligns with my hypothesis regarding the shift from Android to Apple. Crying on the highest level? Wouldn't bother me if you look into the future

In the year 2024, Android maintained its lead in operating system market share at 69.88%, followed by Apple at 29.39%. Android started its top position in the global market in 2012, beating iOS by 3.37%. It has continued to dominate the mobile operating system market ever since. From 2009 to present, Android grew by more than 67%, while iOS’s market share has shown a decline of around 5%.
Not sure what you mean by Apple's share is ascending. The article specifically says it is declining.

webkit

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2021
United States
If other Android phone manufacturers would follow Google and Samsung's lead of guaranteed seven years of Android version updates, then I expect Android sales to really start to boom again. I really hope Lenovo (Motorola) and Nokia follow this example.

It's a potential double-edged sword. The more years of Android OS and security updates could also eventually lead to a drop in sales as people keep their Android phones longer.

Reactions: I7guy

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
In the year 2024, Android maintained its lead in operating system market share at 69.88%, followed by Apple at 29.39%. Android started its top position in the global market in 2012, beating iOS by 3.37%. It has continued to dominate the mobile operating system market ever since. From 2009 to present, Android grew by more than 67%, while iOS’s market share has shown a decline of around 5%.
Not sure what you mean by Apple's share is ascending. The article specifically says it is declining.
2024 is not over. The king company that benefits from android market share is google. And google pays billions back to apple.

If you slice the lie by vendor, the results look different. And then if you look closely at revenue and/or profits it’s completely different story as well.

webkit

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2021
United States
Indeed!
When I examine the comprehensive market share statistics, it's evident that there's a notable trend. While Apple's share is gradually ascending, Android's is gradually declining. This observation strongly aligns with my hypothesis regarding the shift from Android to Apple.

This can depend on source and what timeframe is being evaluated. For example, according to Statcounter, iOS global share was around 22.4% and Android was around 75.3% five years ago. Today, iOS share is around 28.5% and Android is around 70.8%.

Reactions: mrgrdn

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
In general an Apple customer has multiple products and services. Because they didnt upgrade apple hardware for one year doesn’t mean they didn’t spend any money with apple.

UK-MacAddict

macrumors 65816
May 11, 2010
The counterpoint is also that you may not get the 15 pro max in its current incarnation because it wouldn't be financially feasible to offer it at $799. Who knows what corners Apple would have to cut in order to hit that price point? The simple logic is that phones are costing more because they cost more to make, and the non-pro iPhones are what allow Apple to make the best iPhones possible while still charging what they believe is a fair price for them.

The fact that the majority of iPhones sold are the pro models show that users want the best, and are willing to pay for the best as far as iPhones are concerned.

And maybe I can now come in with my own personal experiences.

My first Macbook was a 11" MBA in 2012. I got the base 4gb ram model. My understanding was that the entry level 2011 MBA model came with just 2gb ram, and ran fine. So I know what a massive improvement the M1 chip has been (very noticeable increase in performance and battery life). If there are performance constraints to be had from it having just 8gb ram, I have not felt it. It still runs as smoothly as it did 3.5 years ago. I enjoy using it over my work-issued windows laptop with 16gb ram and 512gb storage, which for all its specs, takes way longer to wake up from sleep, and has on more than one occasion failed to hibernate properly and proceeded to burn through my battery life and get boiling hot while at it. Maybe it's not fair to compare a personal laptop with one that is laden with enterprise software, but I have never really had a good impression of Windows, and my bugbear with it is not something that can be resolved simply by throwing more ram at it.

I am also currently using slightly less than half of the storage on my MBA with 256gb storage, so I am not really pressed for more space either. If I ever need more in the future, I will pay.

I am happy with paying laptop-level pricing for iPads, because they have proven to be situationally way more useful than PCs in my use case. Those of you who have been following me for some time will know that I am a teacher who had been experimenting with how to incorporate the use of my iPad in the classroom since 2012. I am currently still using my 2018 iPad Pro to teach in the classroom. It's been going strong for 5.5 years, the writing experience with the Apple Pencil has never been better, and I for one am happy that my iPad does not run macOS, because it would actually be a downgrade for me (I don't want to be fiddling with a desktop UI on an 11" display).

It was also Tim Cook's iPad that added the apple pencil and Smart Keyboard and gave users options. There were third party styluses I could buy with my first iPad, and they all sucked.

When the next iPad is released, I see myself getting the top-end iPad Pro, and I am willing to pay for the new Apple Pencil and redesigned keyboard as well. I may even get both the Smart Keyboard and Magic Keyboard folios so I can swap them out (eg: keep the magic keyboard at my desk as some sort of dock, while bringing my smart keyboard to class).

I held on to my iPhone 8+ for 4 years before upgrading to the 13 pro max, and I see myself sticking with it for maybe 4 years minimum?

I am also still using my Apple Watch series 5 from 2019, and it's still working great. I have had the batteries for my Apple Watch, iPhone 13 Pro Max and iPad Pro replaced, but otherwise, they all work fine.

I am not even mad that my iPhone came without a charger because I have too many third party chargers scattered around the house and at my workplace. If anything, I would like to see more companies make charging bricks optional. They are all just collecting dust in my drawer, because the sheer number of devices I have charging at my desk means I end up consolidating them via multi-port chargers anyways.

People who complain that they have to pay $1 a month for icloud storage don't seem to realise that dropbox charges like $100 a year for 1tb, and the issue is that I don't need anywhere near that much space, and there is no option to downgrade.

So my overall experience with Apple products is that while I pay more upfront for my apple hardware, they have more than paid for themselves in the form of greater productivity and fewer problems overall, and that's really the value add for me. I am happy with my decision to embrace the apple ecosystem in its entirety, and I see myself staying a happy apple customer for a good many years to come, and I no longer need to be replacing my hardware every 2 years now because they last longer, and are supported for longer.

If this is Tim Cook's legacy, then I am all for it.

Absolutely you would we would still get the 15 Pro Max if no other iPhones existed. It may be priced at £999 to take into account inflation etc. Current iPhones are overpriced by about £400 as Apples profit margins are set at around 37%. Other companies like Samsung raised their prices to copy Apple. Also sales are dropping so it shows people are no longer willing to pay high prices.

You must be an extremely light user in order to suffice with 8GB of RAM. I purchased one to test and it was beach balling just from me exporting some photos and videos. Add on top opening up a bunch of Safari tabs and leaving them open it nearly killed the MBA M2. Also what year was your Windows based work laptop released? Comparisons are only valid if they are from roughly the same generation of chips/year of release. I have an Asus i5 16GB RAM 512 SSD laptop as my travel laptop and it performs better than the M2 MBA.

In terms of SSD space are you using cloud storage? I prefer to store things locally. If you need more space in the future you will need to pay for a whole new laptop and then the overpriced SSD upgrade, since nothing can be added on post purchase.

iPads users should be given the option to switch between iOS and MacOS. Then leave it to the user to decide which they prefer.

Actually the pencil would likely have been Steve Jobs idea since it was released in 2015 and he probably still had a hand in products up to 2016-17.

If you're purchasing that many add ons for an iPad Pro you'll be paying much more than a 14" Macbook Pro likely, which is just ridiculous. If you will be lugging that around then its gong to be the same size as a laptop which just makes no sense to do. May as well get a Macbook Pro 14 that is more powerful.

In terms of Apple Watches and iPhones still working great that is subjective as you may be happy with the slower performance. My sister had a 2015 Dell Inspiron until recently which took 15 minutes to boot up and be actually useable. To her she said it was fine and works great.

I would say Apple has had more problems than ever before with its hardware and software in recent years. My iPhone 13 Pro Max periodically drops all signal from both my SIMs since iOS 17 updates. That's on top of the software making the battery drain in half a day.

The overall sense I get from your post is that you are willing to compromise and are happy with 'good enough' performance.

I am happy to pay premiums for top products that give customer value. Take the mac Pro for instance, starting price £7199 (ridiculous). An intel i9 desktop with Nvidia RTX 4090 for £3500 destroys it. So where is the customer value in paying double for an inferior product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.