Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sziehr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
So the fact they had to produce a support document means it is 100% on the top of some ones board to dig deep find and kill this bug, if we all had not bitched and so loudly and called apple care, this would not have happened. The bug is still the bug and it is nasty and it needs fixing, however it is not like a lot of other apple bugs that never get enough public attention to result in a support doc and thus a fix coming for good. Apple has not said yes this is broken and a work around is X, now it is up to the dev hut to get into gear and fix it. This is great news for the long term return to normal service we all have had. They should never had let it happen, however being in tech for 2 decades it will happen, and it will happen again, and thats cause humans make mistakes...... Till the ai overlords step in mistakes will slide out. I bet you this was due to always working with sterile devices that had not lived 9 backup and restores.....

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012
POTENTIAL fixes? We don’t really know what’s going on, so throw some 💩at the board and see if it sticks.
Wow, just wow.
It’s likely that there are multiple factors affecting or Apple hasn’t found a way to replicate the issue reliably.

Martyimac

macrumors 68020
Aug 19, 2009
S. AZ.
Okay, finally got it working.
I completely reset my watch back to factory fresh settings.
Re-paired and set up the watch again
Tried the hints from the first post and that didn't work
Did the second step, this one -

If weather data still doesn't load, Apple suggests trying these steps:
  1. On your iPhone, open the Settings app, then tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone.
  2. Tap Reset -> Reset Location & Privacy.
  3. If prompted, enter your passcode and reset.
  4. Check whether the issue is resolved
Got the alert on my watch asking if I wanted to use the weather from my watch, said yes and now working.

Now we wait and see if it holds.

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
The first one seems to have worked for me.

EDIT: It was temporary

Last edited:

daniesy

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2010
Mars
The second one worked for me, just a shame that it's been reported during the betas and they ignored it. That is the entire point of the betas to feedback and they waited until public release?
They always ignore user submitted bugs in during the betas.

Reactions: bydandie

blackdogaudio

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2016
This option somewhat modified worked for me using a AW Ultra Gen 1:

1. On your iPhone, open the Settings app, then tap Privacy & Security -> Location Services.
  2. Scroll down and tap Weather.
  3. Under Allow Location Access, tap Never, then tap your original setting.
  4. Check whether the issue is resolved.
On my iPhone I found Location Services>Weather set to "While using the App or Widgets" and changed it to "Always" and have left it there for the past hour. So far, it's working including after a watch reboot. If it stops working I'll update this thread.

Rory76

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2017
This option somewhat modified worked for me using a AW Ultra Gen 1:

1. On your iPhone, open the Settings app, then tap Privacy & Security -> Location Services.
  2. Scroll down and tap Weather.
  3. Under Allow Location Access, tap Never, then tap your original setting.
  4. Check whether the issue is resolved.
On my iPhone I found Location Services>Weather set to "While using the App or Widgets" and changed it to "Always" and have left it there for the past hour. So far, it's working including after a watch reboot. If it stops working I'll update this thread.
Tried this but I see no option for “always”…only “never”, “ask next time…”, or “while using app”.

blackdogaudio

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2016
Hmmm..not sure why this isn't an option for you.

1695828346541.png

scarez

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2011
I did the suggestion from previous posts to go on your phone and simply turn off Location Services, back out and wait a minute then turn it back on. Weather complications have been working fine since yesterday morning.

Reactions: blackdogaudio

Killbynumbers

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2019
My weather widget seems to be working most of the time. When I first updated last week, I got it to work by restarting the watch.

xtremesniper

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2011
I had a similar issue with the sunrise/sunset complication. What fixed it for me was giving the Clock app my location in the iOS settings.

iOS Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services > Clock
Then hit "While Using the App", and leave Precise Location off if you'd like.

I'm still annoyed that this is a thing at all when previously I did not have to give the clock my location for this to work, but there it is.

Reactions: Regbial

ersan191

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2013
I had a similar issue with the sunrise/sunset complication. What fixed it for me was giving the Clock app my location in the iOS settings.

iOS Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services > Clock
Then hit "While Using the App", and leave Precise Location off if you'd like.

I'm still annoyed that this is a thing at all when previously I did not have to give the clock my location for this to work, but there it is.
Clock is no longer listed in location services.

macrophage1

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2014
I tried something from the battery thread. I removed all the widgets from smart stacks. Since then (last night) the temperature has been on the watch face and my battery usage is much better (2-3%/hour).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.