Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tres

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2007
Do not agree at all. One of the main selling points for an Apple Watch is the immediate view of things using the complications. When one of the complications doesn't work, that should be a somewhat high priority.
Sure. But it's hardly mission critical. It's not like the weather app itself is broken. One way of interacting with it doesn't work for a subset of users.

Not being able to glance at the weather is inconvenient but surely not the massive issue a lot of people in this thread are making it out to be.

XMI

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2023
Los Angeles, California, USA
None of the other fixes worked for me.

However , Changing Watch faces to another face that did not have the weather complication, then back again, has fixed it (for 5 minutes so far )

sguser

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2010
The second fix, with resetting the Privacy settings, has resolved the issue for me, at least for now.

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Good to know about temporary fixes. But hopefully Apple releases an update that has a permanent fix.

Artemis70

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2013
Sure. But it's hardly mission critical. It's not like the weather app itself is broken. One way of interacting with it doesn't work for a subset of users.

Not being able to glance at the weather is inconvenient but surely not the massive issue a lot of people in this thread are making it out to be.
It's not an immediate huge issue. But if this persists, it is the kind of thing that makes me reconsider my choices for my next smart watch. Let's assume that the bottom of the pile means that they will never fix it. Or that somewhat higher on the pile means that they will fix it in 6 months. Both of these assumptions are realistic given the huge pile that they have. Both choices would be really bad from my perspective.

XMI

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2023
Los Angeles, California, USA
Here's what I did:
1. do the first fix (as described in the original post)
2. do the second fix (as described in the original post)

Neither of these fixed the issue - the weather complication was still showing "--"

3. On the watch, long press the face, switch to a different watch face (which doesn't have the weather complication). Switch back to my original face.

At that point, it seems to be working, and has stayed working for more than 8 hours

Martyimac

macrumors 68020
Aug 19, 2009
S. AZ.
Okay, finally got it working.
I completely reset my watch back to factory fresh settings.
Re-paired and set up the watch again
Tried the hints from the first post and that didn't work
Did the second step, this one -

If weather data still doesn't load, Apple suggests trying these steps:
  1. On your iPhone, open the Settings app, then tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone.
  2. Tap Reset -> Reset Location & Privacy.
  3. If prompted, enter your passcode and reset.
  4. Check whether the issue is resolved
Got the alert on my watch asking if I wanted to use the weather from my watch, said yes and now working.

Now we wait and see if it holds.
Almost 24 hours later and this fix is still holding.

supremedesigner

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2005
I wanted to share an update with you. I received the AWU2 last week and had no problems with it. I only had to charge it twice until this morning. However, after updating to version 10.1 last night and then checking it this morning, the battery was down to 10%. This seems unusual to me, as you can see in the attached screenshot. I'm not sure what's causing this, so I've decided to install the Public Beta version for now.

You can see it went from 100% around 10 p.m. to 10% around 6 a.m.

incoming-F228733A-2512-4251-A7F2-B0B8E7CFAD0D.PNG

• Wow
Reactions: Martyimac

jonny

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Go to settings > Privacy & Security > Locations Services. Tap the switch at the top to turn off ALL location services, wait a minute, and turn it back on.

Did this 2 days ago and my weather is all sorted. Even travelled to different locations and it’s all working fine.
This fix is the only one that hasn’t flipped back to blank for me. Going on 12 hours now. Thanks!

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
Sorry for reviving an old thread.
This problem has suddenly appeared on my watch too (strangely my wife’s still unaffected).
I’ve tried all of the suggestions and none works, other than keeping Wi-Fi off on the phone.

Is this still a problem for everyone else or is there a new solution going around?
Thanks

Twitchly

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Sorry for reviving an old thread.
This problem has suddenly appeared on my watch too (strangely my wife’s still unaffected).
I’ve tried all of the suggestions and none works, other than keeping Wi-Fi off on the phone.

Is this still a problem for everyone else or is there a new solution going around?
Thanks

Interesting. It suddenly appeared on my watch today, too.

I have a Series 4 watch, running OS 10.4. Yesterday the battery died; immediately after juicing it back up, the weather widget stopped working.

None of the above suggestions have worked for me, either.

After a couple of fruitless hours, here’s my solution: I just installed AccuWeather and am using its widget instead. Works great.

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
Interesting. It suddenly appeared on my watch today, too.

I have a Series 4 watch, running OS 10.4. Yesterday the battery died; immediately after juicing it back up, the weather widget stopped working.

None of the above suggestions have worked for me, either.

After a couple of fruitless hours, here’s my solution: I just installed AccuWeather and am using its widget instead. Works great.

Actually, after trying everything else I ended up deleting the Apple Weather app from the phone (this will also delete it from the watch), then I restarted both the phone and the watch and reinstalled the app.
It has been just less than 24 hours and everything seems fine for the moment 🤞🏼

EDIT: Two days later everything still works fine.

Last edited:

Twitchly

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Actually, after trying everything else I ended up deleting the Apple Weather app from the phone (this will also delete it from the watch), then I restarted both the phone and the watch and reinstalled the app.
It has been just less than 24 hours and everything seems fine for the moment 🤞🏼

That worked! Thank you.

Reactions: dork and Wando64
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.