Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Ubisoft today announced that Assassin's Creed Mirage will be available in the App Store starting June 6 for the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max, as well as iPad Air and iPad Pro models equipped with the M1 chip or newer.

Assassins-Creed-Mirage.jpg

Assassin's Creed Mirage can now be pre-ordered on the App Store, but it shows a June 10 release date as of writing, rather than June 6 as Ubisoft's announcement states. Ubisoft says the game will be free to play for 90 minutes, and users will be able to unlock the full version across the iPhone and iPad with a single $49.99 in-app purchase.

Ubisoft says the iPhone and iPad versions of Assassin's Creed Mirage offer the same experience as the console version, but with touch-based controls.

The game's description in the App Store:
In Assassin's Creed® Mirage, you are Basim, a cunning street thief with nightmarish visions, seeking answers and justice. After an act of deadly retribution, Basim flees Baghdad and joins an ancient organization – The Hidden Ones. As he learns their mysterious rituals and powerful tenets, he will hone his unique abilities, discover his true nature, and come to understand a new Creed – one that will change his fate in ways he never could have imagined.
Assassin's Creed Mirage was first released for Xbox, PlayStation, and Windows in October.

With the A17 Pro chip, the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max support hardware-accelerated ray tracing and mesh shading, allowing for improved graphics rendering in games. This hardware upgrade has allowed for more AAA games on the iPhone, such as multiple Resident Evil titles and Death Stranding Director's Cut.

Article Link: Assassin's Creed Mirage Launching on iPhone 15 Pro Models and Select iPads in June

Last edited:

Squirrrrel

Suspended
Apr 24, 2024
Lmao.

In 30fps and you’ll also get 3rd degree burns on your hands.

Apple gave us AAA “gaming” on phones while ignoring what people always wanted - proper gaming on MacOS.

THANK YOU TIM
Yeah. What was the point of them talking about gaming on the Mac recently and creating that software that helps developers port PC games to the Mac if the focus is going to be the iPhone and iPad, which is a terrible place for AAA games?

peripatetic

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2005
Will this be the first time a game on the iPhone will be limited to specific models? Or did I miss that this has happened before? Seems like that should be a main point of this blog post if so.

Ctrlos

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2022
Whilst the market for these sorts of games on phones has to be quite niche, it is nice to be able to play them on a hotel TV using video out.

I do wonder what top-end Android owners think when they see iPhones running PS5-level games. The app gulf between the two platforms gets ever larger and Google do nothing about it.

Crow_Servo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2018
America
No, the other games mentioned in the article (Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Village and Death Stranding) also can only be played on the iPhone 15 Pro/Max and iPads with M1 or newer.

Bigkool2inSC

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2023
Greenville, SC
Got Resident Evil Village.
good looking game but i am really struggling to see the value of AAA games on iPhones.
Not great with touch screen controls. Can't see a lot of the screen.
I don't carry my PS4 controller around everywhere I go.

cicalinarrot

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2015
Lmao.

In 30fps and you’ll also get 3rd degree burns on your hands.

Apple gave us AAA “gaming” on phones while ignoring what people always wanted - proper gaming on MacOS.

THANK YOU TIM
As someone who's tried gaming on Macs for 25 years, I can say it makes very little sense and there's no way to change it.
Usually, the upgrades for a Mac that would give an almost-acceptable GPU, RAM and SSD cost more than buying a regular Mac plus any other proper gaming device. This is never going to change. That's why nobody develops games for Macs, the market is always going to be a fraction of a fraction.
We've lived a golden era with Intel, since porting was easy and Steam jumped on.

On the other (literal) hand, iPhones sell more, people (especially kids) use them more and spend more on apps.
It makes a whole lot of sense to invest on them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.