Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djinn

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2003
I totally forgot I had this card until I saw this article on MR. doh!

AF_APPLETALK

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2020
It seems like it's kind of a waste if GS is walking away from Apple Card. I guess we don't know who/if anyone is going to pick this program up after GS, but...

Reactions: mhnd, FJB and lc96

Tofupunch

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2014
One benefit I really like is the Mastercard ID Theft Protection. I set that up and periodically get alerts if any of my info shows up on a compromised site, or if a credit activity has taken place in my name. For instance, I did something (can't remember what, maybe a new account somewhere) that triggered a credit check, and sure enough the Mastercard thing included that in their summary email that month. If it had been unauthorized, that would have given me a heads up.
I have the Apple Card. How would I go about setting that up?

Reactions: mhnd

ELman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2017
I hope the replacements cards don't have the magnetic stripe on them. I'm not recycling my old one. It's a cool collectors item.

Reactions: mhnd

DIRSGT

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2011
NC
The image you show with the July 2024 is the Virtual Card expiration date. You need to click “Additional Card Numbers” to see the “Titanium Card” expiration date. To me it’s weird new ones are coming out as mine expires more 12 years from 2024.
I got mine during the first year, has no markings on the card either. However, if you open Wallet, it will tell you:

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
The image you show with the July 2024 is the Virtual Card expiration date. You need to click “Additional Card Numbers” to see the “Titanium Card” expiration date. To me it’s weird new ones are coming out as mine expires more 12 years from 2024.
Ahhh... expires July 2024.

• Wow
Reactions: DIRSGT

Belisama

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2023
I think it's the only card in my wallet that does not support contactless payment... It's also my dirtiest card. But right, it's very innovative and looks cool when it's new.

Henry S

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2011
Mine just sits in a drawer, I just use it for Apple Pay. I have cards with a better rebate for physical transactions.

Reactions: FJB
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.