Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Devojr

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2010
North Carolina
Mail / Excel issue

If Mail is in full screen mode and I open an Excel spreadsheet the file is opened on top of Mail but I'm automatically diverted to a different desktop. The newly opened file stays on top of Mail but can't be accessed. The only work around I've found is to take Mail out of full screen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I mean, I surf on a page, I click a link, and the new tab which came from this link, does not put itself as the latest one in the row of all opened tabs. Instead of this, the link open a tab, besides the current tab.
This was not the way snow leopard and safari behave.
There should be a way to set safari to open any link as tab, in the end of the row of all opened tabs, as it did till now, till lion.

There is an extension that brings back the old behavior:
http://lrasinen.kapsi.fi/OpenAtEnd/

bzollinger

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2005
What do you guys think of the new traffic lights? They are smaller, too small for my 27" imac

I think they are too small too. However it seems that the actual "target" size is about the same. Meaning it seems that I don't have to be right on one for a click to work....

cpnotebook80

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2007
Toronto
mission control

I put my msn on new space using mission control. When i close msn out and open it, it opens on my current desktop and not the new one i assigned it before.

anyone experience something similar?

Amberfool

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2009
mission control

I put my msn on new space using mission control. When i close msn out and open it, it opens on my current desktop and not the new one i assigned it before.

Unless you assign it to a desktop (right click the icon when it's open, go to options and assign to this desktop) then it will open in whatever desktop you are on at the moment. ;)

isoMorpheus

Jul 29, 2007
I minimized about 20 Photoshop windows and then activated Application Exposé (right-click dock icon and click Show All Windows or 3-finger swipe down)

You know, I found something very interesting about Application Exposé, apparently it also gives you a thumbnail view of previously opened files for that particular app, I'm pretty sure this wasn't in Snow Leopard.

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
mission control

Did you "assign" it to the space via the contextual menu in the dock?

Takuro

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
Just installed 11C35, the newest test build of 10.7.2.

The login window now shows a "guest" account by default. When you click it, the user is prompted to reboot the computer if they would like to use the computer in Safari-only mode.

It's interesting to see they are still tweaking features after the Lion GM release. Usually, these builds contain mostly bugfixes and non-cosmetic changes.

Oh, and the MobileMe preference pane is officially dead. It's been removed entirely to make way for iCloud.

Takuro

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
Some new screenies:

iCloud has a dedicated preference pane. Replaces MobileMe, which is gone entirely.
unledjop.png

A look inside the iCloud preference pane. Basically this is exactly the same view as if you select an iCloud account in the Accounts prefpane. Not sure why Apple decided to make this redundant, standalone view. Maybe just to make it stand out more to advertise their new product?

unled2sn.png

Des Zac

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2011
Okay, sorry to be a little off topic but as soon as I saw the name I instantly started singing "All the Small Things" By Blink 182 :D

MartiNZ

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
Yeah they've removed it for some reason.

But if you need it, here it is: http://www.cworx.co.uk/2011/07/miss...m=rss&utm_campaign=missing-your-itunes-widget

They removed it because they got sick of receiving crash reports on a regular basis, and they decided long ago to never fix it; and the same applies to the failure of the playlist select interface on the reverse side since iTunes went to v8. I said they'd tire of the process before I did, and I was right. Good thing they removed it as well, not as if there isn't plenty of other stuff to complain about with Lion :).

Takuro

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
Isn't Lion also missing the Whitepages and Yellowpages widgets? Those were kinda useful.

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
So now that MobileMe is pretty much dead as of Lion 10.7.2, is there a way to unninstall iWeb completely? It's a dead program now.

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
As far as I know it only uses the common iLife libraries, so dragging it to the trash should suffice.

Do you think it would damage iLife if I was to use an uninstalling program such as AppDelete or CleanMyMac?

Takuro

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
Also, I just noticed all references to iDisk are gone in 10.7.2. No more Finder sidebar icon. No more option in the "Go" menu in the menubar.

If you use iDisk for storing anything, I suggest manually backing it up to physical media like a DVD. Although Apple is giving old MobileMe users 25 GB of space to use, it seems you won't be able to use it directly for file storage. Instead, that space will be solely used indirectly through iCloud-integrated apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.