Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Broncos fire OC Scangarello.

Our offense was offensive this past year.

28th in passing
28th in scoring
32nd in passing TD
20th in rushing TD
30th in 3rd down efficiency
28th in red zone efficiency

Strelok

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2017
United States
A bit of an upset this weekend for my expectations. I expected the ravens and Seahawks to win. Houston could have won but it just seemed like their defense ran out of plays and their offense was never going to keep up with KC.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Green Bay was impressive at home. Props.

What a great two weekends of Football!

Next weeks predictions:

S.F. advances over G.B.

TN advances over K.C.

Well, the Packers did it. What is baffling, at least to me, is that the Hawks could do hardly anything in the first half, but looked like champions for most of the second half. Of course, they were very deficient in not being able to stop the Packers on most third downs, and the drop by Turner near the end was just plain awful.

So, onto the two Conference Championship games. The Titans-Chiefs game is on first, and I am predicting a Chiefs win, 38 to 14. For the Packers-49ers, the 49ers will take it, 34 to 17. That will set up a sweet Super Bowl between the Chiefs and 49ers.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I think the 49ers have a let down game and the packers advance with a few more key throws by Rodgers

Chiefs are too much offensively for the Titans so I think the cinderella run ends

Packers - Chiefs superbowl

Reactions: D.T.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I think the Chiefs are going to have a tough time against the Titan's, especially with the run game the Titan's have. But I think the Chiefs will pull it out.

Since I really dislike both teams on the NFC side, the lesser of two evils for me is GB. Having said that, I would love to see a classic rematch of Super Bowl number one with a Green Bay vs Chiefs game...

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
I’m guessing this is a TV they use to compose something before they put it up on the stadium scoreboard. Or maybe it’s something that appears in the concourse.

Whatever it is, it’s a masterful troll. ?

3A940CE6-94AF-477C-8753-9798D1986C84.jpeg

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I think the Chiefs are going to have a tough time against the Titan's, especially with the run game the Titan's have. But I think the Chiefs will pull it out.

Since I really dislike both teams on the NFC side, the lesser of two evils for me is GB. Having said that, I would love to see a classic rematch of Super Bowl number one with a Green Bay vs Chiefs game...

If there was one team that could potentially throw the ‘curveball’ on Sunday, it would be Tennessee. The running game is strong, but more than anything, they have to start the game off with the intensity the way they have been playing the last two games. If they could control the ‘tempo’ of the game, they have a chance. Lets see what happens.

Reactions: rhett7660

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Very surprised by this. I wish him the best.
Given the research on CTE and how he threw himself into the game, I'm not surprised. I think we're seeing the tip of the iceberg where players are deciding early on to walk away from the game while they still can walk [and think]

To be honest the tweet that I linked too doesn't sound a man that fully made up his mind though

Reactions: rhett7660

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Given the research on CTE and how he threw himself into the game, I'm not surprised. I think we're seeing the tip of the iceberg where players are deciding early on to walk away from the game while they still can walk [and think

Yeah, I have no issue with players doing this. They are the ones who have to deal with the long term effects of playing football.

Reactions: compwiz1202

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Yeah, I have no issue with players doing this. They are the ones who have to deal with the long term effects of playing football.
Yep, just look at Earl Campbell during the national championship the other night, he couldn't even stand and he's not really an old guy (just 64)

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Yep, just look at Earl Campbell during the national championship the other night, he couldn't even stand and he's not really an old guy (just 64)

Ouch... That is not good. I almost wonder what the sport would be like if we went back to leather helmets? Another one that comes to mind is Tony Dorsett... He too is also having a tough time.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Ouch... That is not good. I almost wonder what the sport would be like if we went back to leather helmets? Another one that comes to mind is Tony Dorsett... He too is also having a tough time.

All those years playing certainly takes it toll on the body.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
Can’t believe the choke job the Titans are doing in the second half of the AFC Championship game. With 9 minutes left on the game clock, it was effectively over. Give credit to Andy Reid, man.

Edit: I called it a choke job, but Tennessee is still fighting. Scored a TD with only minutes left. But at this point it’s too little, too late.

Reactions: D.T.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I think what’s interesting about Kansas City, is through the entire duration of playoffs, they played really lethargic for the first half of all three games, then they typically explode right before halftime leading into the third quarter. It’s almost like they’re playing coy with the opposing team, but then they make this momentous comebacks that just is relentless with the Pass game.

Think of it like this.....it’s like Ivan Drago versus Rocky Balboa, Drago lets Rocky use all his energy for the beginning Matches, and then all the sudden Drago turns on the heat when Rocky starts to sense that he’s winning and/or becomes fatigued.

Anyways, K.C. Has a great quarterback with Patrick Mahomes and there pass game is constantly dynamic, which makes it really difficult to defend.

Reactions: Thomas Veil

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Congrats to the Chiefs. Glad to see them in the Super Bowl.

Congrats to the Titans as well. They played great in the 2nd half of the year, and beating the Patriots and Ravens on the road was impressive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.