Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Strelok

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2017
United States
Looks like my prediction for this week will be right, I don’t see Green Bay recovering from this in the second half and titans lost. Should be a good super bowl.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I’m reminded of why don’t invest myself in football anymore. Too much disappointment. :)

Yeah, well...I probably shouldn’t invest financially, because my off-set predictions have not been lucrative to say the least. But hey, you gotta pay to play....
[automerge]1579483063[/automerge]
Watching 49ers-Packers.

Holy....

Is Green Bay planning on showing up anytime soon? I mean, at this rate DC Mike Pettine might get fired at halftime.

Rodgers interception was costly and their defense is garbage. There still a lot of football to be played, Green Bay is going to have to shut down San Fran‘s offense somehow. Plus, Green Bay will need 14 points on the board I’d say with six minutes to go in the third to even have a shot.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Packers were terrible. More surprisingly how poorly Rodgers played. I’d say their first season under Matt LaFleur as a new head coach was rather successful, even though I don’t think they really played anybody that challenging throughout their entire season with the exception of San Francisco in both the regular/Post season.

But, the better team won. San-Fran/Kyle Shanahan was outstanding, I’m sure his father, Mike Shanahan was proud with his son following in his footsteps.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Watching some of the KC game and most of the SF game, I'd say KC looked more explosive and well rounded. Jimmy G's passing game didn't seem to be on point, whereas KC did seem more rounded (passing and running).

If I were a betting man (And I'm not), I'd say that KC on paper is the stronger team. Games are not played on paper so hopefully, it will be an exciting game.

Reactions: Huntn

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Top offense vs top defense. Should be a great game. My pick is the Chiefs. I just don't think Mahomes can be stopped.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I also agree the 49ers will win it. Personally, that’s the team I’d like to see win, as their well-versed in both offense and defense, and I think they have a great head coach with Kyle Shanahan. The 49ers in general have really strong rapport with their entire club. .

I’d also be fine if Kansas City wins, as Andy Reid has been around a long time, but I just think San-Fran really is on another level as a team.

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
Watching some of the KC game and most of the SF game, I'd say KC looked more explosive and well rounded. Jimmy G's passing game didn't seem to be on point, whereas KC did seem more rounded (passing and running).

If I were a betting man (And I'm not), I'd say that KC on paper is the stronger team. Games are not played on paper so hopefully, it will be an exciting game.

Were you watching a different game? San Francisco was up 27-0 at halftime, and could easily afford to grind it out on the ground, and chew up the clock in the second half. They gained almost seven yards per carry against the Packers, and even felt comfortable enough to run on 3rd-and-8. Rodgers, being who he is, put up 20 points this time, but the game wasn't as close as the score might indicate.

Show me a coach who will turn that down, or do it differently.

The 49ers have attempted only 27 passes in two playoff games because they haven't had to pass it. That could come back to bite them (Hello, Rusty Ravens), but SF has managed to win in all manners this season.

Mahomes is a star, at the peak of his career, and is one of the rare players who can carry a team on his back. But the SF defense (four 1st round picks on the DL) doesn't fear anyone. They've faced Russell Wilson twice (1-1, because a fill-in kicker missed a FG in OT). Rodgers twice, Jared Goff twice, and won a shootout with Drew Brees in the Superdome. They lost to Jackson and the Ravens on a last minute FG. The only letdown they've had is losing a trap game to Atlanta after the Seattle game.

Due to the race for playoff seeding in a stacked NFC (which many considered the stronger league this season), SF has been playing playoff-level games since game 11.

Both teams caught playoff breaks in the form of the Titans and Vikings, so things could have been different.

To me, SF has flown as far under the radar as any #1 seed could, but that hasn't seemed to bother them (with the exception of the loudmouth Richard Sherman), which speaks well of the team culture.

I'm mostly an NFC guy, but I'd love to see what is on the Chiefs' paper aside from Mahomes and Kelce.

All things being equal, #1 and #2 from each league is about the best that anyone could have hoped for, so I look forward to a good game.

Reactions: D.T.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Pulling for the Chiefs also... If the Chiefs can stop the run game, which they pretty much did with the Texans, I think they have a solid chance at winning it all!
This should be the best SB in a long time. Unfortunately sometimes the best matches turn into duds.

Reactions: compwiz1202

Mainsail

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010

You are joking right? He only had to throw 8 passes, and he was 6 for 8. The 49er running game was amazing. If you can control the clock and the ground game, it’s a slam dunk win. The 49ers didn’t need to throw the ball. They just ran right over the Packers.

I am not knocking the Packers, but how could you possibly evaluate Jimmy G’s passing from that game?

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
49'ers are missing one of their RB's.

Could be a swing for the Chiefs.

I'll give KC the passing game over JG.

But SF defense will win the Super Bowl.

San Francisco 27-17 over KC.

Reactions: D.T.

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
49'ers are missing one of their RB's.

Could be a swing for the Chiefs.

I'll give KC the passing game over JG.

But SF defense will win the Super Bowl.

San Francisco 27-17 over KC.

Coleman may actually recover from the separated shoulder in time to play. And the 49ers still have that other guy who just ran for 200+ yards, in addition to Matt Breida who was the lead back at the beginning of the year.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I'm from KC and I've been waiting my whole life for this. Hell, so has my father. I first started watching in 1993 when Joe Montana was QB and I had his poster on my wall. GO CHIEFS!!

I just bought an LG C9 65" for this game, lol. Well, also for other things. My old LG was from 2009 so I figured it was time to upgrade and the Chiefs making the Super Bowl was a sign. Also Super Bowl sales are nice.

Reactions: compwiz1202

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I am pulling for the Chiefs since I'd like to see Andy Reid finally get one.... But mostly I want to see a good entertaining game, after the dud we got last year..... From a technical standpoint I think the team with the better QB wins... and Mahomes is light years better than Jimmy G.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.