Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
The league year begins Wednesday and Tampering started Monday, here are the big moves so far.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-trade-grades-tracking-every-big-signing-move

Nick Foles 4 years $88 million with the Jaguars.
DeSean Jackson traded back the the Eagles.
Frank Gore to the Bills.
Jamison Crowder to the Jets.
Trey Flowers to the Lions.
Landon Collins to the Redskins.
Danny Amendola to the Lions.
Antonio Brown to the Raiders.

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Frank Gore amazes me, I think the dude is like 60 (okay maybe 35) but he keeps being productive and stringing together 14-16 game seasons above or near the 1,000 yard mark. He isn't a name you really expect to see on the first day of Tampering, but despite a lack of any major accomplishment you could easily name, he just continues to be productive, which for a running back at 35, is impressive in its own right.

Time will tell on the AB trade as to whether or not that is a good move or a bad one for the Raiders, as a fan formerly from Pittsburgh and now living in Denver, I gotta say I am *really* hoping for a bad one :)

Reactions: MacNut

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Kareem Jackson to the Broncos. Not a big splash, but a solid physical guy who plays both safety and corner. Should be a solid addition.

Broncos also added former Dolphin RT Ja’Wuan James.

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Devin Funchess - Colts
Mike Davis - Bears
Adam Humphries - Titans
Tyler Kroft - Bills
Jesse James - Lions
C.J. Uzomah - Bengals
Carlos Hyde - Chiefs
Dwayne Allen - Dolphins

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Kareem Jackson to the Broncos. Not a big splash, but a solid physical guy who plays both safety and corner. Should be a solid addition.

Broncos also added former Dolphin RT Ja’Wuan James.

Broncos also got Flaco from the Ravens and sent Keenum to the Redskins.

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Broncos also got Flaco from the Ravens and sent Keenum to the Redskins.

I am not sure how I feel about that one yet. I mean replacing Keenum yeah, but otherwise... :)

Preston Smith - Green Bay Packers
Adrian Amos - Green Bay Packers
Za'Darius Smith - Green Bay Packers
Jamison Crowder - NY Jets
C.J Mosley - NY Jets
Teddy Bridgewater - Remaining in NO
Sheldon Richardson - Cleveland Browns
Tyrann Mathieu - Kansas City Chiefs
Tashaun Gipson - Houston Texans
Lamarcus Joyner - Oakland Raiders
Trent Brown - Oakland Raiders
Thomas Davis, LB - LA Chargers
Billy Turner, OL - Green Bay Packers
Latavius Murray, RB - NO Saints
Bradley Roby, TE - Houston Texans
Matt Paradis, C - Carolina Panthers
John Brown, WR - Cleveland Browns
Anthony Barr, LB - Re-signs with Vikings
Breshad Perriman, WR - Re-signs with Cleveland Browns
James Carpenter, G - Atlanta Falcons
Deonne Bucannon, S - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Last edited:

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Time will tell on the AB trade as to whether or not that is a good move or a bad one for the Raiders, as a fan formerly from Pittsburgh and now living in Denver, I gotta say I am *really* hoping for a bad one :)

Yeah, I’m not happy to see AB come to the AFC West and not be on the Broncos.

Reactions: SDColorado

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Denver Broncos to play the Atlanta Falcons in the Hall of Fame Game Preseason Opener, which will take place Thursday, Aug. 1, at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium in Canton, Ohio.

That will tie in nicely with Pat Bowlens enshrinement to the HOF

Reactions: ucfgrad93

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Denver Broncos moves to date ...

c1e4851d25e3a235aef0eaad67e2beb6.jpg

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Giants trade OBJ to the Browns :eek:

Looks like the Browns have the potential to be a really potent and scary team and the giants appear to have given up on the 2019 season. They got a more for OBJ then the Raiders/Pitt trade for AB. At least the Giants got something of substance.

I have to believe many Giants fans will be in shock this morning as they wake up to read the news.

Reactions: SDColorado

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
While OBJ is a great player, he carries way too much baggage with him. He is a spoiled brat who needs to grow up before he can really thrive. I'm shocked the Giants traded him but not really surprised.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Giants trade OBJ to the Browns :eek:

Looks like the Browns have the potential to be a really potent and scary team and the giants appear to have given up on the 2019 season. They got a more for OBJ then the Raiders/Pitt trade for AB. At least the Giants got something of substance.

I have to believe many Giants fans will be in shock this morning as they wake up to read the news.

I think you are correct.

file.jpeg

Reactions: rhett7660

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
While OBJ is a great player, he carries way too much baggage with him. He is a spoiled brat who needs to grow up before he can really thrive. I'm shocked the Giants traded him but not really surprised.
Being on the outside looking in, since I'm not a giant's fan. I saw OBJ in 2017 trying to get his act together and be the leader and then he signed the mega deal in August of 2018. He seemed to shoot his mouth off and complain to the media about the ownership and players (coach too?). I'm sure he was disruptive in the clubhouse but since they signed him to a huge contract there was nothing they could do, or so I thought :eek:

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO

I would have said the same about Antonio "Mr. Big Chest" Brown. It will be interesting to see how it works out for the Raiders. He may be outstanding, or he may remind Raiders fans of the Moss years in Oakland.

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO

Also, an investigation is underway into an alleged battery involving a juvenile at the home of wide receiver Tyreek Hill. Maybe not a good offseason for KS so far.

Bryce Callahan, CB - Denver Broncos
Golden Tate, WR - NY Giants
Ryan Tannehill, QB - Tenessee Titans
Chris Connelly, WR - Jacksonville Jaguars
Tyler Eifert, TE - Resigned with the Cincinnati Bengals
Shaq Barrett, LB - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB - Unretires, signs with Washington Redskins

In other news, John Elway didn't flub Joe Flacco's name during his press conference introduction yesterday (or thank himself). Keenum should have known he was a "bandaid" as soon as Elway introduced him as "Case Keesum" . :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ucfgrad93

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB f̶l̶e̶e̶c̶e̶s̶ agrees to terms with the Miami Dolphins

Cincinnati Bengals release Vontaze Burfict, LB
Oakland Raiders release Donald Penn

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB f̶l̶e̶e̶c̶e̶s̶ agrees to terms with the Miami Dolphins
How much are the Fins paying for a month's worth of Fitzmagic followed by 3 months of Fitztragic? History has shown that the Amish Rifle is good for a month of elite level play then falls off the cliff. I think it's enough time for their rookie franchise QB to get up to speed. The Fins ARE going to draft a QB, right?

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
How much are the Fins paying for a month's worth of Fitzmagic followed by 3 months of Fitztragic? History has shown that the Amish Rifle is good for a month of elite level play then falls off the cliff. I think it's enough time for their rookie franchise QB to get up to speed. The Fins ARE going to draft a QB, right?

A two-year deal worth $11 million with incentives that could pad that number to between $17-20 million.

Connor Rodgers tweeted "If you are trying to tank, Ryan Fitzpatrick can do just enough to ruin that." He isn't wrong :)

Rumors have it that the Fins have their eyes on Tua Tagovailoa in 2020, but finishing 6-10 to 8-8 isn't going to do it for them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.