Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
More of the McClaren:

c58MtP8.png
ylplUdG.png

h6Vx5cZ.png

VlTIEVG.png
brQcpdM.png

ED7KP2p.png

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
The SF90 looked very nice testing under natural light today. Far better than the Studio Images.
[doublepost=1550449548][/doublepost]
BTW folks if you haven’t already, I would recommend giving Formula E a go. I watched the Mexican E-Prix live on the BBC website and thoroughly enjoyed it. The cars sound a little like a jet fighter about to take off, but the electric nature of it adds some interesting elements. This year they’ve got rid of the car swaps so it’s a pure race now.

Agreed. Still a little slow for me, however the racing is highly competitive. I’m finding the battery management with when to use “attack mode” intriguing. The last lap was edge of seat worthy. ;)

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
I don’t know what other people feel but the liveries have been very uninspiring this year. The Alfa and the Red Bull are exactly the same as last year so haven’t posted them. The only one which is brand new is the Rich Energy Haas (which is about the millionth copy of the JPS Lotus) and the Williams which has that weird gradient. I think only the McLaren and Mercedes have made minor improvements. The Ferrari looks more orange than ever. All in all a bit disappointing.:oops:

Reactions: pachyderm

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Agreed. Popularity boost thing doesn’t work for me.
I don't like it in Indy Car or F1 either... doesn't F1 have something like that too...?
[doublepost=1550505577][/doublepost]
I don’t like that feature either but the race was fairly exciting. I imagine as the sport grows they’ll do away with some gimmicks

To each his own...

Reactions: BenTrovato

Cancelled
Apr 19, 2014
I don’t know what other people feel but the liveries have been very uninspiring this year. The Alfa and the Red Bull are exactly the same as last year so haven’t posted them. The only one which is brand new is the Rich Energy Haas (which is about the millionth copy of the JPS Lotus) and the Williams which has that weird gradient. I think only the McLaren and Mercedes have made minor improvements. The Ferrari looks more orange than ever. All in all a bit disappointing.:oops:

I loved the Sauber last year and like this year's C38 even better. Classic and classy.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
We didn’t learn much yesterday accept what a mess Williams is in. Doesn’t look like they will be around until Wednesday or Thusday and they expect to be 2 seconds off the pace. That’s forever in F1.

244209E8-D8FA-4FA0-8156-1C7BE6593A2E.jpeg

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
Just want to get my page 3 prediction in now:
  • Ferrari put together a great preseason
  • Mercedes doesn’t tip their hand
  • Ferrari start the season strong
  • Vettel leads the championship at certain points
  • Somehow it all falls apart, Mercedes “wins” the development war
  • Hamilton champion again
I think Ferrari will be great under Binotto, it was the right move. Did he have enough time without Arrivabene to build a real challenger to Mercedes? I hope so but too soon to tell. It just looks eerily similar to last season.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Just want to get my page 3 prediction in now:
  • Ferrari put together a great preseason
  • Mercedes doesn’t tip their hand
  • Ferrari start the season strong
  • Vettel leads the championship at certain points
  • Somehow it all falls apart, Mercedes “wins” the development war
  • Hamilton champion again
I think Ferrari will be great under Binotto, it was the right move. Did he have enough time without Arrivabene to build a real challenger to Mercedes? I hope so but too soon to tell. It just looks eerily similar to last season.
Or will Vettel get out performed by his younger team mate, thus splitting the Ferrari wins over the season? Much like Riciadio did when he became his teammate at RBR? I certainly hope so.

Meanwhile I think Bottas won’t have the speed to trouble Hamilton.

Although last season was over with a few races to go, it was swapping and changing early on. Ferrari lost on strategy and driver error. Whilst Mercedes won through some incredible drives and consistently from Lewis.

Looking forward to start. Sadly I’ll be working that weekend, so I’m unlikely to see much of the race

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
Or will Vettel get out performed by his younger team mate, thus splitting the Ferrari wins over the season? Much like Riciadio did when he became his teammate at RBR? I certainly hope so.

Meanwhile I think Bottas won’t have the speed to trouble Hamilton.

Although last season was over with a few races to go, it was swapping and changing early on. Ferrari lost on strategy and driver error. Whilst Mercedes won through some incredible drives and consistently from Lewis.

Looking forward to start. Sadly I’ll be working that weekend, so I’m unlikely to see much of the race

It would truly be something if Leclerc comes in to the new team and beats Vettel. I don't know how he recovers from that. I would love to see it. I agree about Bottas, haven't seen the pace from him. I feel sorry for him, he seems like a good guy. I think he's going to throw everything he's got at this season. It will be interesting to see what he can deliver.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
It would truly be something if Leclerc comes in to the new team and beats Vettel. I don't know how he recovers from that. I would love to see it. I agree about Bottas, haven't seen the pace from him. I feel sorry for him, he seems like a good guy. I think he's going to throw everything he's got at this season. It will be interesting to see what he can deliver.
Bottas will either improve or not. Of course it suits Mercedes to not have a warring garage after the Nico/Lewis years, but on weekends when they gave the best car, he should be able to deliver more team points.
Especially if it’s a (hopefully) tight season.
[doublepost=1550685809][/doublepost]Glad to see Williams finally made it to Barcelona!
1C665D8F-321E-4973-BDC0-E9939E564FDF.jpeg

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.

I'm looking forward to Leclerc and Schumacher as Teammates in 2021. ;)

I think Kimi and Alfa will contend for podiums. RBR Honda has plenty of power, but will it be reliable?

Daniel will be the #2 at Renault by mid season.

Leclerc and the SF90 will be the 2019 WDC. Seb's mistakes from Leclerc's pressure will hinder the WCC for Ferrari.

Lewis will retire at the end of 2019. Don't see the fire in his eyes any longer. :apple:

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I'm looking forward to Leclerc and Schumacher as Teammates in 2021. ;)

I think Kimi and Alfa will contend for podiums. RBR Honda has plenty of power, but will it be reliable?

Daniel will be the #2 at Renault by mid season.

LeClerc and the SF90 will be the 2019 WDC. Seb's mistakes from Leclerc's pressure will hinder the WCC for Ferrari.

Lewis will retire at the end of 2019. Don't see the fire in his eyes any longer. :apple:
If Lewis wins the title this year, he’ll stay on to try and take Schumacher’s record. If not, I think you might be right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.