Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
Definitely annoying that I have to see Mahomes and Kelce in like 85% of commercials during football games. I mean do these companies know that there are other athletes and celebrities that can be influential and marketable too jeez.
Kelce would negatively influence me now. I don't care what players do during pre-game warm up, but Kelce throwing Tucker's helmet like a petrulant child lost all respect I had for the guy. I still respect his skills and athletism, but gawd, what an immature jerk.šŸ˜¤ Ask the dude to move further away--again--like a civilized human.šŸ§ Add a "c'mon man"šŸ˜’ and Tucker would be seen as the AH.

Justin Tucker trolling level 90.šŸ˜¬ If he had tried kicking fieldgoals over the heads of Chiefs players while they're warming up, that would have been a jerk move. Stretching around the other team's players? That's trolling.šŸ˜

Reactions: rhett7660

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Kelce would negatively influence me now. I don't care what players do during pre-game warm up, but Kelce throwing Tucker's helmet like a petrulant child lost all respect I had for the guy. I still respect his skills and athletism, but gawd, what an immature jerk.šŸ˜¤ Ask the dude to move further away--again--like a civilized human.šŸ§ Add a "c'mon man"šŸ˜’ and Tucker would be seen as the AH.

Justin Tucker trolling level 90.šŸ˜¬ If he had tried kicking fieldgoals over the heads of Chiefs players while they're warming up, that would have been a jerk move. Stretching around the other team's players? That's trolling.šŸ˜

KC is the road team, Mahomes needs to find a different spot to warm up. A QB can warm up anywhere. But a kicker has to warm up by the goalposts so they can kick.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California

Agreed... it was a d*ck move if I ever saw one. The little bit that I did see, the kicker took in grace though. It looked like he was smiling.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Saw an interesting factoid:

If Bill Belichick doesn't coach next year, it will be the first time in the history of the entire league that Curly Lambeau, Tom Landry or Bill Belichick hasn't been on the sideline.
Don Shula? George Halas? Bud Grant?
There must be some overlap there as well.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Its spending more time on inane chatter and not focusing on the football. Its bad enough that many of the talking heads talk over the referees, or talk about the prior play using their telestrator when the next play is already underway. I choose to watch football, to, you know, watch football.

I have two daughters who love TS, and I personally enjoy her songs, there are other artists that my kids like that I hate, but she's one I enjoy, yet with that said, I'd rather watch football instead of her jumping up and down because her boyfriend did somethin
To be fair, there are usually a couple shots per game of the owners boxes (my assumption is that is where she is). I loved it when Jones was knashing his teeth in the owners box of the Dallas game. :)

It's not really Tayor Swift. It's the whole KC Chiefs thing. Mahomes and Kelsey in so many commercials (now Reid too), then the games, there she is...it's overexposure. The Chiefs are probably the worst, most overexposed team she could be associated with.
I donā€™t care for KC players in many of those commercials either, but I donā€™t understand the bolded comment. Why would that be bad for her? KC is over exposed because they are winning and have been winning consistently, its somewhat inevitable. Iā€™m not a TS fan, I imagine her fans like her based on her music. This is just a peak at her personal life, which fans tend to love, and being associated with a player of a surprisingly winning team, does not hurt either from my perspective.

As I said before, it was never anything she did wrong. Unfortunately, Taylor is collateral damage.
Politically, she has become a target. That is clear, and as far as I can go in this forum.

Last edited:

Don Quixote

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2023
To be fair, there are usually a couple shots per game of the owners boxes (my assumption is that is where she is). I loved it when Jones was knashing his teeth in the owners box of the Dallas game. :)

I donā€™t care for KC players in many of those commercials either, but I donā€™t understand the bolded comment. Why would that be bad for her? KC is over exposed because they are winning and have been winning consistently, its somewhat inevitable. Iā€™m not a TS fan, I imagine her fans like her based on her music. This is just a peak at her personal life, which fans tend to love, and being associated with a player of a surprisingly winning team, does not hurt either from my perspective.

Politically, she has become a target. That is clear, and as far as I can go in this forum.
I assumed they meant bad for the fans who are tired of seeing her...

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010

When Tom Brady and the Patriots were winning multiple Super Bowls, I don't remember him or his teammates being in a dozen different commercials. I don't remember The Hoodie pimping insurance or Snickers bars. The Chiefs are massively overexposed. I'll have the TV on in the background for the day, and I would say I see at least 10 Chiefs commercials in that span. Then Taylor, who herself is everywhere because of the Eras Tour, has doubled the effect.

Even freakin' CNN has 4 or 5 Taylor/Travis articles on their front web page. Good grief.

Last edited:

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
Seahawks hiring Ravens DC McDonald.

And Jerry thinks he could work with Belichick. Wonder what McCarthy is thinking right about now.

Plus I didn't realize Dak's contract ends in '24. And he can't be franchised. Will Jerry try to keep him or let him go?

• Haha
Reactions: pachyderm

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008

I guess Kelce had a few words to say about this...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39430035/travis-kelce-calls-justin-tucker-poking-bear

"If you want to be a f---ing d--- about it, you keep your helmet and your football and your f---ing kicking tee right where the quarterbacks are warming up . ... If you're not going to pick that up, I'll happily move that for you," Kelce said Wednesday on his "New Heights" podcast with brother Jason Kelce.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
When Tom Brady and the Patriots were winning multiple Super Bowls, I don't remember him or his teammates being in a dozen different commercials. I don't remember The Hoodie pimping insurance or Snickers bars. The Chiefs are massively overexposed. I'll have the TV on in the background for the day, and I would say I see at least 10 Chiefs commercials in that span. Then Taylor, who herself is everywhere because of the Eras Tour, has doubled the effect.

Even freakin' CNN has 4 or 5 Taylor/Travis articles on their front web page. Good grief.
I agree too many KCC commercials coming from our Media Masters. However, I donā€™t see it as hurting TS as she is politically being made a target, her fans probably are defending her. And I donā€™t see it hurting the KCCs either. The bottom line is are they winning or losing? This is all that counts, and as far as ire from football fans, if you are not a Chiefā€™s fan, you hate them already anyway. :) I think itā€™s mostly up to the advertisers to decide if these KC commercials are hurting or helping their brand. šŸ¤”

I assumed they meant bad for the fans who are tired of seeing her...
Tired of seeing 5 seconds of her cheering her team? Again shots of the owners boxes once or twice a game is routine, if there is something interesting going on there. :)

Don Quixote

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2023

Tired of seeing 5 seconds of her cheering her team? Again shots of the owners boxes once or twice a game is routine, if there is something interesting going on there. :)
I feel like you're shooting the messenger here but whatever... again I don't care either way and I'm definitely not trying to argue about it.

Reactions: pachyderm

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
Commanders have a new coach:

And on a somewhat related note (since Quinn was coach of Atlanta), this is funny:

IMG_1939.JPG

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Commanders have a new coach:

And on a somewhat related note (since Quinn was coach of Atlanta), this is funny:

View attachment 2343909

I still remember seeing him on the sidelines when the Falcons had the lead in the Superbowl... he was happy and high fiving the players... this is what I imagined what he looked like when Brady was working his magic and the fourth quarter ended... poor guy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.