Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
She was on screen for 54 seconds. Big whoop. Watched dumb commercials for longer than that.

An occasional shot of her doesn't bother me.....as long as the networks don't hire her to do color commentary on the game.

So when do you start a new thread for the 2024-25 season?

Reactions: pachyderm

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Ok, I misunderstood you. I would be fine with that, but move the start back to the 40 yard line rather than the 25.

Yeah, I was responding to all the posts about the coin flip. The only advantage in college is, winning the oin flip and going last lets you know what you need to match, on the first series at least. But it not as bad an advantage as the NFL.

The NFL playoffs are the best of any sport, IMO. Just enough number of teams make it, best team in each cobnference rewarded with a bye - a nice system.

Reactions: Don Quixote

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
The NFL playoffs are the best of any sport, IMO. Just enough number of teams make it, best team in each cobnference rewarded with a bye - a nice system.
I would change the seeding, having it based solely on the win/loss record. I'm okay with a sub-500 division champ in the playoffs. Just not them being 4th seed when they have the worst record of any playoff team.

• Wow

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
I would change the seeding, having it based solely on the win/loss record. I'm okay with a sub-500 division champ in the playoffs. Just not them being 4th seed when they have the worst record of any playoff team.

I'm OK with seeding because you need to reward a divsion won somehow. Otherwise, why even have divisions.

Don Quixote

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2023
Yeah, I was responding to all the posts about the coin flip. The only advantage in college is, winning the oin flip and going last lets you know what you need to match, on the first series at least. But it not as bad an advantage as the NFL.

Agreed.

And the college OT system is pretty intense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.