Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
I don't think Hamlin played in enough games. Had he played in half or better, then absolutely.

Flacco only played in 5. Not sure why that wouldn't cancel out. I'd pick Baker over Flacco. At least Baker played the whole season.

But the award is supposed to be for overcoming adversity. It's not about who has the best stats. Flacco came off the couch. Hamlin came back from being dead.

As far Lamar, I made comments about Lamar ealier, wondering if the Bills made a mistake. But looking back at the stats and the games, I am changing my mind on that. I still don't see how Lamar was MVP. His biggest plus was, he had 10 wins against winning teams, which is really good (and maybe a record?). But Allen's (and Purdy's stats) were just better overall. McCaffrey maybe should have won it over everyone.

But I guess QBs have to get all the awards. Another weird thing - how is the MVP also not offensive (or if appropriate, defensive) player of the year too?

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
Let the howling begin. LOL

Better than Peacock. Their feed pixelated so much it was almost unwatchable. And no it wasn't my internet. Went to Amazon and Hulu and the feeds were fine.

Reactions: pachyderm

jeremz1ne

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Reno,Nv
Flacco only played in 5. Not sure why that wouldn't cancel out. I'd pick Baker over Flacco. At least Baker played the whole season.

But the award is supposed to be for overcoming adversity. It's not about who has the best stats. Flacco came off the couch. Hamlin came back from being dead.

As far Lamar, I made comments about Lamar ealier, wondering if the Bills made a mistake. But looking back at the stats and the games, I am changing my mind on that. I still don't see how Lamar was MVP. His biggest plus was, he had 10 wins against winning teams, which is really good (and maybe a record?). But Allen's (and Purdy's stats) were just better overall. McCaffrey maybe should have won it over everyone.

But I guess QBs have to get all the awards. Another weird thing - how is the MVP also not offensive (or if appropriate, defensive) player of the year too?
agree with that, im also pretty annoyed how Max Crosby didn't even get one 1 for DPOTY dude is a beast, played hurt all year and still impacted the game

jeremz1ne

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Reno,Nv
Not one vote blows my mind....

Attachments

• IMG_4033.JPG
    IMG_4033.JPG
    232.9 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: Rafterman

jeremz1ne

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Reno,Nv
I would have picked Crosby or even Watt (19 sacks!) over Garrett. But the writers hate the Raiders.
its true the writers do hate the raiders, but also they have a job to do and fail at it, they pick who "they" want its an embarrassment to the players, if anything Watt should have won just like the MVP i believe CC should have won and im totally Anti-49ers but dude had an amazing season, Lamar had an okay season at best.. really annoyed with the voting system

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
The private jet reportedly carrying Swift landed at LAX at about 3:30 p.m. PST, according to KNBC-TV. The reason Swift's plane did not land at Harry Reid International Airport in Las Vegas could be one of logistics, the Los Angeles Times reported... phew...

C0ncreteBl0nde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2023
Rural America
The private jet reportedly carrying Swift landed at LAX at about 3:30 p.m. PST, according to KNBC-TV. The reason Swift's plane did not land at Harry Reid International Airport in Las Vegas could be one of logistics, the Los Angeles Times reported... phew...
Thank you, @pachyderm ...I don't think I would have been able to go on this morning if I hadn't known that news! 🤣🤣

Reactions: brucemr

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Friggin' working today, dammit. I'll be somewhere over the North Atlantic. But I'm sure there'll be plenty of updates on 123.45. :)

Reactions: Rafterman

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004

well.....parking space for private planes at Las Vegas airports are already completely sold out for the game

GrumpyCoder

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2016
I thought about setting up a poll.
Who is going to win the Super Bowl?
A. The Chiefs
B. The 49ers
C. The Refs
D. Taylor Swift
E. The commercials
Well, I sure hope it's not C. I want a fair game, no bogus ref calls to win this one way or another. And while we're at it, maybe an injury free game.

I'll have to go with the 49ers. Purdy to make all the haters mad, telling me everyone could have done it and then there's Ed McCaffrey and Mike Shanahan history which can be repeated by their sons. There's no better story.

But I'm afraid it won't be enough. :confused:

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Here's a thought: 2018. Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson: no Super Bowls.

Sam Darnold: Super Bowl. Granted, as a backup, but still...

• Haha
Reactions: pachyderm

icanhazmac

Contributor
Apr 11, 2018
Well, crisis averted.

Anyone trying to watch over Paramount+? I signed up for it 2 hours ago and was unable to get the game, some sites say they are down, I can't even get movies or TV shows to start. Ended up with it over Hulu.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
I'm hoping the Chiefs get too caught up in the hype, while SF takes care of business. Think the first time Rocky fought Clubber Lang.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.