Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
Oh I don't think so, but the Dolphins are on the horns of a dilemma, if they don't keep him, who do they turn too? Just look at how other teams struggle at finding a franchise QB. Like it or not I think they're stuck with him

They were 11-6 in the regular season and only one other AFC team had a better record. I suspect that Miami's management believes they have more pressing issues than finding a better QB.

Everybody wants a Brady or a Mahomes, but mostly we're going to have to make do with less than that magic level

Last edited:
Reactions: Don Quixote

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
they have more pressing issues than finding a better QB.
To be sure, they seem to be all in on Tua and they have other needs. However there's enough concern regarding his durability.
1714495649958.png

Don Quixote

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2023
They were 11-6 in the regular season and only one other AFC team had a better record. I suspect that Miami's management believes they have more pressing issues than finding a better QB.

Everybody wants a Brady or a Mahomes, but mostly we're going to have to make do with less than that magic level
He's kinda close though... minus the injuries... and some of the talent...

Reactions: Macky-Mac

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2011
Penix?

Cousins is 35.....nearing the end of the line for most quarterbacks.....and he's coming off last year's season ending injury....and Atlanta doesn't have much depth at QB, which seems vital these days

The Penix pick seems reasonable

It's going to create locker room issues.

----------------------------------

The transaction I don't understand is the Buffalo/KC trade at the end of the first round. Buffalo sent the 28 pick to KC who picked up a very good receiver (Worthy). Buffalo had already lost their top 2 receivers and just allowed their main competition to grab another weapon.

Understand this less than the Penix pick.

Reactions: pachyderm

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC

"I'm not a guy that sits out," Kelce said on the "New Heights" podcast with his brother, Jason. "I'm not a guy that holds out. I'm a guy that loves coming into the building, and the Chiefs know that. So, for them to want to get this done for me knowing how much blood, sweat and tears that I put into this thing, I'm extremely grateful."

Dude is banging a billionaire - of course he's not going to care about getting more! :p

(I actually think he's being genuine here, but the above thought crossed my mind)

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004

maybe, maybe not

If Cousins does a Russell Wilson at Denver performance, then it might, but I suspect Cousins has at least a couple of good years left before he starts to age out.

As for Penix, so far I haven't seen anybody suggest he's going to do anything other than be in development for a while, and that's potentially going to be to his advantage.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado

The transaction I don't understand is the Buffalo/KC trade at the end of the first round. Buffalo sent the 28 pick to KC who picked up a very good receiver (Worthy). Buffalo had already lost their top 2 receivers and just allowed their main competition to grab another weapon.

Understand this less than the Penix pick.
Agreed, the Bills/Chiefs trade was a head scratcher.

Reactions: Don Quixote

Don Quixote

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2023
maybe, maybe not

If Cousins does a Russell Wilson at Denver performance, then it might, but I suspect Cousins has at least a couple of good years left before he starts to age out.

As for Penix, so far I haven't seen anybody suggest he's going to do anything other than be in development for a while, and that's potentially going to be to his advantage.
Disagree though...

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010

"I'm not a guy that sits out," Kelce said on the "New Heights" podcast with his brother, Jason. "I'm not a guy that holds out. I'm a guy that loves coming into the building, and the Chiefs know that. So, for them to want to get this done for me knowing how much blood, sweat and tears that I put into this thing, I'm extremely grateful."

Dude is banging a billionaire - of course he's not going to care about getting more! :p

(I actually think he's being genuine here, but the above thought crossed my mind)

Yeah, when he flew by private jet to see Taylor in Australia, he sure wasn't using his own money.

Reactions: dmr727

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Agreed, the Bills/Chiefs trade was a head scratcher.

The Bills should have traded up to get Brian Thomas Jr from LSU. Though KC getting Worthy isn't a super huge concern because while he's fast, at 165 pounds, is he an every down receiver? And if he bulks up, will he lose speed? The Bills need size, like the 6-3 Keon Coleman they drafted, a guy who can win contested catches.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
OBJ to the Dolphins... Can't see him being more than just depth on that offense with the weapons they have already. They are going to need some help on the defensive side of the ball.

Bodhitree

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2021
Netherlands
They are going to need some help on the defensive side of the ball.

That was my thought too… if you look at how important KC’s defence was in winning last year it’s clear that even with average receivers and just a few weapons, a great defence can get you a SB win.

But there’s a minimum bar the defence needs to meet to be a top side, and I don’t think Miami was there last year. They were flashy but a bit lightweight.

Reactions: jeremz1ne

Don Quixote

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2023
Bring back the old school ground and pound. Bring back only throwing when your wrecking ball RB needed a breather.😁 Gawd, I miss the Luv Ya Blue era.🤠
Eh

It was fun, but it never won them anything.

Offenses these days are more fun to watch imho.

I would love to see a modern day "O" with an Earl Campbell/Bo Jackson type running back though...

And, no, Marshawn Lynch doesn't count.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Agreed. QB salaries have jumped the shark in my opinion.
Keep in mind that the salary cap went up significantly this season and will continue to do so. As long as the cap continues to increase you will see these crazy QB salaries continue to increase as well. Teams know they can't win without a good QB and a lot of teams are desperate for one.... So if the current team doesn't pay up, another team certainly will.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.