Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
its sad to say but thats true, they don't want games full of defense where nobody's scoring, even tho i enjoy that way better, and its gotta suck to know defense isn't the reason you'll win games, it'll come down to what tackle got you the 15 yard flag to keep the play going etc or even not trying to tackle and missing it on a game winning run
Same here, I know its not as popular with most fans, but I appreciate a nice defensive battle where it becomes a chess match. Coaches have to get strategic about generating points and outthinking each other. I like those little intricacies rather than 2 teams just exchanging blows and going up and down the field constantly.

Reactions: jeremz1ne

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
its sad to say but thats true, they don't want games full of defense where nobody's scoring, even tho i enjoy that way better, and its gotta suck to know defense isn't the reason you'll win games
Same here, I know its not as popular with most fans, but I appreciate a nice defensive battle where it becomes a chess match. Coaches have to get strategic about generating points and outthinking each other. I like those little intricacies rather than 2 teams just exchanging blows and going up and down the field constantly.
You guys are so Old School--leather helmets Old School, players being multi-role Old School.😎

While I love the idea of good defensive game, players have gotten too big, too strong, too fast for Old School style play. We'd see a laundry list of injuries before halftime.😬

The League keeps hamstringing defenders in the name of safety.😑 What they should be make use of technology making protective gear better, stronger, more flexible, so that players can play without worrying about injuries.🤓

jeremz1ne

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Reno,Nv
You guys are so Old School--leather helmets Old School, players being multi-role Old School.😎

While I love the idea of good defensive game, players have gotten too big, too strong, too fast for Old School style play. We'd see a laundry list of injuries before halftime.😬

The League keeps hamstringing defenders in the name of safety.😑 What they should be make use of technology making protective gear better, stronger, more flexible, so that players can play without worrying about injuries.🤓
for the amount of $ they make thats part of playing football injuries, its not a baby sport, old school guys played much harder and tougher people then these diva's, just watch some old school football games and tell me different

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2011
for the amount of $ they make thats part of playing football injuries, its not a baby sport, old school guys played much harder and tougher people then these diva's, just watch some old school football games and tell me different

Old guys were tougher. But they were also didn't get paid like guys today so losing them didn't mean half the money you spent on defense was standing on the sidelines in sweats.

What I would like to see though is someone like Chris Henry coming through the line and meeting Jack Lambert. Neither one would have ever seen someone like the other. :)

Reactions: Macky-Mac

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
Most players make the league minimum. One injury and they lose their paycheck and medical bills would wipeout any savings.

Besides, back in the old days, nearly every football player was as big, strong and fast as the average Joe. Hail, I weight as much as a lineman from the 1920's. I could play a lineman in the 1920's.

If Derrick Henry of 2018 played in the 1920's, everytime he touched the ball, there is a 99.44% chance it would result in a TD. He would be the fastest, strongest, most agile guy on the field. He would be the Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson.
meeting Jack Lambert.
Jack Lambert still scares me even 40+ years later.😱 Hail, even Mean Joe Greene doesn't scare me as much--probably due to the Coca-Cola commercial where he throws the kid his jersey. Mean Joe ain't so mean.😉

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Stephon Diggs being trade to the Texans for a 2nd round pick.
This surprised me... Not the fact that they traded him... but when they did it. I had a feeling he would be gone after this season because the writing was on the wall.. But I didn't think they would trade him now and eat the 31Mil in dead cap. Things must have gotten really bad behind the scenes for them to do this.... It's costing them more in dead cap with him off the team, than it would have cost them with him on the team... 31Mil vs. 27Mil .. That's just crazy banana cakes

Last edited:

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2011
This surprised me... Not the fact that they traded him... but when they did it. I had a feeling he would be gone after this season because the writing was on the wall.. But I didn't think they would trade him now and eat the 31Mil in dead cap. Things must have gotten really bad behind the scenes for them to do this.... It's costing them more in dead cap with him off the team, than it would have cost them with him on the team... 31Mil vs. 27Mil

And to trade him in the Conference to an up and coming team you could meet in the playoffs. Wow!

But the distraction is gone and now he is the Texans' problem. Hope CJ has the chops to tell him to **** when needed.

Reactions: Rafterman

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
And to trade him in the Conference to an up and coming team you could meet in the playoffs. Wow!

But the distraction is gone and now he is the Texans' problem. Hope CJ has the chops to tell him to **** when needed.

Agree. I'm good with the trade, but to Houston? Why not trade him to KC, Jets or Baltimore? That would be the only situations I could think of that would be worse.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Now Diggs going to complain about something else cant blame Allen anymore

Yeah, his act grew tired in Minnesota, it grew tired in Buffalo and now off to Houston. I sense a pattern here.

Josh needed him early in his career, but not anymore. In fact, after Diggs disappeared in the second half of the season, guys like Shakir and Kincaid stepped up, and the Bills under Josh stormed back to win the AFC East. Josh already proved he didn't need Diggs.

Dont get me wrong, as a Buffalo fan, I appreciate what Diggs did for the team, he was a dawg. But its time to move on. And save a bunch of cap space next year.

jeremz1ne

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Reno,Nv
Yeah, his act grew tired in Minnesota, it grew tired in Buffalo and now off to Houston. I sense a pattern here.

Josh needed him early in his career, but not anymore. In fact, after Diggs disappeared in the second half of the season, guys like Shakir and Kincaid stepped up, and the Bills under Josh stormed back to win the AFC East. Josh already proved he didn't need Diggs.

Dont get me wrong, as a Buffalo fan, I appreciate what Diggs did for the team, he was a dawg. But its time to move on. And save a bunch of cap space next year.
Y'all can draft a WR in the draft and it'll work just fine Josh is an Elite QB

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Y'all can draft a WR in the draft and it'll work just fine Josh is an Elite QB

GM Beane has moved up 4 times in his tenure with the Bills. With an extra second next year, he could conceivably be building capital to move up and get one of the studs coming out this year, like Harrison or Nabors. Though that draft price for those two might still be too steep.

jeremz1ne

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Reno,Nv
Trade with the Raiders and take Adams lol i think hes wasting his good years with us i could only imagine Adams an Allen on the same team

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Trade with the Raiders and take Adams lol i think hes wasting his good years with us i could only imagine Adams an Allen on the same team

I would actually do that if I was GM, but the same problem as trading for Tee Higgins...salary cap. I think the Bills are stuck going through the draft. And Adams is stuck with the Raiders.

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2011
The way that QB room currently stands he could easily win the starting job too. Let’s see if they draft a QB high

I think if Bo Nix is available at 12 they take him.

Also, rumors are swirling that the Pats may trade down. They need a lot of players and have a serviceable QB in Jacoby Brissett that can get them though the season.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.