Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bhtwo

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2012
Oxford UK
My current desktop pic... Bryce and Photoshop.

bryceipad.jpg

Reactions: tersite

adamneer

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2013
Chicago, IL
This is a Minilite wheel I modeled using C4D. The tire was pre-made, though I did make the texture for the Hoosier raised lettering.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 9.08.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 9.08.06 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 205

bhtwo

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2012
Oxford UK
Got my old mac back from the ex... managed to fire up Bryce!

Just a quick render to get back into the groove... model is 'Road Ripper' by Joe Gill

mrRoadRipper.jpg

Reactions: needfx

bhtwo

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2012
Oxford UK
Another render of Joe's super model...
I spent a few hours in photoshop removing the mesh edges... image is slightly overexposed.

Road Ripper2ex corrected.jpg

The wheels are super... I may change them to full alloys so they are easier to see...

phobos

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2008
Even though this wasn't done in a day so technically I shouldn't post it here, I finished it today so I guess that counts? :D
I had the brilliant idea of also rendering out the whole animation in 4K. That is something I'm not doing again any time soon!!!

needfx

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
Even though this wasn't done in a day so technically I shouldn't post it here, I finished it today so I guess that counts? :D
I had the brilliant idea of also rendering out the whole animation in 4K. That is something I'm not doing again any time soon!!!

excellent animations & color schemes!!

phobos

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2008
View attachment 749419 Re-lit my donut scene last night. Looks much better now, IMHO.

Try to think how photographers would approach a still life like this. From the camera angle to the actual lighting.

Once you do that your renders will improve immediately!

Look for a lot of different references and imitate the ones you like the most.

I also made a video a couple of weeks ago aboutunderstanding lighting. I’m using Cinema 4d but you can directly apply the knowledge to blender.
Hope that helps

ThatSandWyrm

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2017
Indianapolis
Try to think how photographers would approach a still life like this. From the camera angle to the actual lighting.

Once you do that your renders will improve immediately!

Look for a lot of different references and imitate the ones you like the most.

I also made a video a couple of weeks ago aboutunderstanding lighting. I’m using Cinema 4d but you can directly apply the knowledge to blender.
Hope that helps

Try to find an older book called "Matters of Light & Depth" by Ross Lowell. When I worked in film animation at Dreamworks, this was the Bible of our lighting department. Key light, Fill Light, Back (or Rim) Light.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.