Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

contacos

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
I just went to the Apple Store to pick up my 15 Plus in Blue and intentionally didn’t check it out in store to still have this surprise effect when I unpack it.

I did check out the Pro and Pro Max and coming from the 12 Pro Max, I was pretty eh about it. Looked and felt the same.

I just got home and unpacked the iPhone 15 Plus and I LOVE it. It actually FEELS (literally) like a completely different device and the subtle shade of blue is also nice. It’s so much lighter than my 12 Pro Max. I love it

krebphone

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2019
I just went to the Apple Store to pick up my 15 Plus in Blue and intentionally didn’t check it out in store to still have this surprise effect when I unpack it.

I did check out the Pro and Pro Max and coming from the 12 Pro Max, I was pretty eh about it. Looked and felt the same.

I just got home and unpacked the iPhone 15 Plus and I LOVE it. It actually FEELS (literally) like a completely different device and the subtle shade of blue is also nice. It’s so much lighter than my 12 Pro Max. I love it
Nice! If you have time can you post some 24mp photo samples? Really curious about the camera on the 15.

AlexJ092

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2013
Show us some pictures of the blue 😄 glad you’re liking your new iPhone!

contacos

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Edit ok one problem. There is something oozing out of the camera ring?! I already wiped it off twice thinking it came from my hand or something but nope! Glue? The phone also smells a little „Primark“ clothes

Edit: wiped it off and so far so good. As I will be going on vacation tomorrow, I decided against asking for a replacement for now (I have AppleCare+ anyway)

Attachments

• IMG_0532.jpeg
    IMG_0532.jpeg
    389.9 KB · Views: 502
Last edited:

ThailandToo

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2022
I would take back the iPhone. That’s not normal. Don’t put up with a replacement later. Ensure you get a brand new iPhone in the box! Serial number on the box matches the iPhone!

The design itself is great. I considered the Plus myself and bought one for my son in black. I was surprised he wanted the Plus, as I thought a teenager would surely want a smaller iPhone in their pocket. He wants the same experience as the Pro Max but he doesn’t care about the extra camera and wants the mute switch for school (which I would agree is better than the button as one can tell while the iPhone is in their pocket it’s muted).

Reactions: Wizec and djlythium

applepotato666

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2016
Yikes. I’d take it back, even if it’s easy to wipe and doesn’t appear again I’d be concerned about water resistance in case there’s something wrong with the glue that’s responsible for the IP rating. It’s always a good idea to unbox at point of purchase. I hope it’s not a widespread issue.

asdex

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2021
That grease around the lens looks really bad. I would exchange asap as well. Feeling sorry for you! I wonder if this mishap is somehow related to production units coming from India slipping QC?!

Reactions: ThailandToo

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
my only concern is, that, given the max has become lighter the plus hasnt, will the weight between the two really be that different??

Spheres

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2023
Edit ok one problem. There is something oozing out of the camera ring?! I already wiped it off twice thinking it came from my hand or something but nope! Glue? The phone also smells a little „Primark“ clothes

Another problem - that doesn't look blue? Is it already in a case?

Reactions: dustin_

dotatoc

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2020
Editing the title would help others, especially since you seem to be the first with this problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.