Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

contacos

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
If it doesn’t make anything bigger on the screen, to me that’s the same size…just a taller screen. Width matters for how big everything looks on the screen.

Now if they made it 6.3” with the same aspect ratio as the 15’s then that would be a big deal to me and grab my interest.

At least that’s my opinion.

I’m thinking maybe you are a one handed phone user and in that case it would matter. For a two handed user such as myself the width is what is important.

Yep. Reason I don’t do Samsung. It looks just weird (to me!) having these long phones

Reactions: ab2c4

C. Robert

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore
Id get the iPhone 15 plus before the 15 pro regular size. The battery life and there isn't much pro with a phone that won't last me through the day.

ab2c4

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2013
I got my 15 plus today, I’m happy with it, pretty much what I was expecting.

Two things regarding it. First, I’m glad I got it instead of the Pro Max. With a regular case and screen protector on the Plus it’s as heavy as I would like to go with a phone, the Pro Max would have been too heavy. Secondly, I had them install the Belkin tempered glass screen protector on it at the Apple Store. Never had Belkin before and it is the best I have ever used. My finger glides on it crazy smoothly.

Reactions: 5x10

airtonvfilho

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2020
why does apple says that the 15PM has the best battery, when all the tests says that is 15Plus?

i’m with 14PM but i think i will go for a 15 Plus this time… but i’m scared that the next updates will reduce the battery to make it worse than 15PM…

anyone knows if they did that with 14PM and 14 Plus?

joshwithachance

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2009
why does apple says that the 15PM has the best battery, when all the tests says that is 15Plus?

i’m with 14PM but i think i will go for a 15 Plus this time… but i’m scared that the next updates will reduce the battery to make it worse than 15PM…

anyone knows if they did that with 14PM and 14 Plus?
The 14 Plus always had the better battery life, as the 15 Plus will continue to over the Pro Max. I do however feel that Apple will gimp the 16 Plus in this regard to make the 16 Pro Max the true king overall.

Reactions: Barbareren

joshwithachance

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2009
I'd get the plain Jane 15 if it wasn't nerfed at 60Hz. It's impossible to go back to it once you've used a 120Hz screen.
I disagree. I used my 14 Pro Max in low power mode often due to the rather poor battery life (in my personal experience anyway), so having the 15 Plus hasn't been a jarring experience at all for me.

Reactions: The.Glorious.Son

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
Edit ok one problem. There is something oozing out of the camera ring?! I already wiped it off twice thinking it came from my hand or something but nope! Glue? The phone also smells a little „Primark“ clothes

Edit: wiped it off and so far so good. As I will be going on vacation tomorrow, I decided against asking for a replacement for now (I have AppleCare+ anyway)

So……

Been wondering what happened with this, and I was just looking at the lenses on my 15 pro max, and to my disbelief, I’m seeing some black gunk oozing out of all 3 lenses!!!!

Returning it tomorrow, will try to get some pics when I get home. WTA!!

sack_peak

Suspended
Sep 3, 2023
Good lord. I'll have my 15 for a good long while, so it'll be interesting to see how it shakes out! Part of the reason I made sure I got a 6s because it was the last of the iPhones to have a headphone jack (not counting SE). Glad I grabbed the 15 this year, especially if they are due to get bigger yet again!
It has been a month since you upgraded from a 2015 iPhone 6s to a 2023 iPhone 15.

Could you give us your impression of jumping onto a new phone 8 years more advanced?

Reactions: snipr125

Barbareren

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
Norway & Mexico
If I could handle the size of the Plus on a day to day basis, I'd love to have that screen. Regular 15 is the absolute biggest phone I would like to carry around every day though. It's sort of brilliantly RIGHT at my limit, giving me the biggest screen I could possibly get in a size I can easily live with.

More power to you Plus users though! Definitely wish I could handle it!
I still use my old 12 Mini. Preferring the smaller size and weight. However, I ordered the 15 Plus because of two main reasons: Not having to charge my phone 2-3 times a day, and I honestly miss having a bigger screen to work with. I'm getting older so the Mini isn't really cutting it for me anymore in that way. Looking forward to the arrival of the 15 Plus due to the vastly improved battery life, the bigger screen and the relatively small size and weight (I feel like I've seen most of the videos and it honestly doesn't seem like that much of a difference from my Mini. The camera is also a nice improvement. I always end up going case-less, so I think it'll be perfect for me. Oh, and I ordered the green(ish) one. Looks pretty great from what I've seen. 👍

martin2345uk

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
Essex
I’m loving my green Plus more every day. I initially had some eye strain, thought it was related to screen protectors but now not so sure… either way it seems to have faded so..

• Love

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
I'm loving my Plus also. I came from a 13PM and honestly the first week was rough adjusting to 60hz and I almost gave up. Now Im all good. The only place I notice it now is when closing and app when going to the home screen.

• Love
Reactions: Sorinut

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
It has been a month since you upgraded from a 2015 iPhone 6s to a 2023 iPhone 15.

Could you give us your impression of jumping onto a new phone 8 years more advanced?
It's awesome.
Taking pictures with the 6s had gotten depressing. I often didn't even bother. Now I'm delighted by what I see most of the time. Overused term, but the colors just "POP" now. The larger screen is just right, and the size difference is there but doesn't impact one-handed usage. The 6s was beginning to get laggy when typing and scrolling.

It's every bit a huge upgrade in every way of course, and I'm happy I waited so long. Really feels like zero regret upgrading because there isn't a single downside to it. The only thing I thought I'd miss is the home button, but it literally took me half a day before I just learn to swipe up from the bottom.

Interesting because I really felt zero desire to upgrade before the 15. I wasn't even paying attention to new releases that closely until this year. It's just the 6s hit the point of no return, so I tuned into the event. It's a happy accident I guess that the 15 happens to be a good year for getting some notable improvements over last year's.

Reactions: srikat

LongBall14

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2023
I got the black iPhone 15 plus. Like BrightCanon, I came from a 13 PM. I did notice the difference losing the promotion display. However, it does not bother me. The screen is still very fluid to me and it doesn’t feel outdated. I know it seems like side move going from the 13 PM to 15 Plus but I just never utilized the Pro Max features other than promotion, which should be on every display.

The feel of the 15 Plus is awesome. It is much lighter in the hands. The curves on the sides are comfortable to hold. The black color and aluminum material is a marvel to look at. It is giving off a matte black and doesn’t shine much. I put mine right into a case but I didn’t see much fingerprinting. It would go away if there were any. I’m all for this iPhone 15 Plus.

Reactions: BrightCanon

ab2c4

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2013
After 12 days with my 15 plus I’m really enjoying it. Camera is better than my 13, phone is super smooth, and after adjusting to the bigger size and weight it’s been great.

I’m honestly glad I didn’t get the PM, I think the weight would have been annoying.

tops2

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2014
I came from the XR to the black 15 Plus and love having a larger screensize again. (I preciously had the 6 Plus). The extra battery life is amazing. I'm using the 2x zoom quite a lot more than expected. I can feel the may be the last phone upgrade in a long time..just changing the battery when it degrades too much may be good enough for me. To be honest, the XR speed is still pretty snappy to me too.

LongBall14

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2023
Black is the perfect colour for 15plus. Looks even better than black titanium of 15pm
Plus the matte texture of the black makes it even more aesthetically pleasing on the back and the sides/top. Can’t go wrong with black this year for regular 15 models.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.