Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hey Now

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
Good tip.

I just did this in my 14 Pro while I await the 15 Plus to be delivered.

It's jarring at first but I think I got used to it now after a few hours. I'll see if I can live with it..

You get used to it. 13 Pro to 15 Plus here. I was in the “cant live without 120 HZ” camp. But it’s just fine and I adjusted quickly. Despite the loss of promotion, I am comforted by the ridiculous battery life 😎

rulymammoth

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
I held a 14 Plus last year and used it for a bit. Great phone. I'd be totally happy with that as my daily driver if I wasn't afflicted with the Apple bug to have the latest and greatest.

cyberone

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2005
Edit ok one problem. There is something oozing out of the camera ring?! I already wiped it off twice thinking it came from my hand or something but nope! Glue? The phone also smells a little „Primark“ clothes

Edit: wiped it off and so far so good. As I will be going on vacation tomorrow, I decided against asking for a replacement for now (I have AppleCare+ anyway)
Didn't you originally pick up the blue phone?

LacrosseChic

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2022
Screw it. Canceled my iPhone 15 Pro Max Blue Titanium. Ordering an iPhone 15 Plus in Yellow. Time to get on the "regular" rotation. Reactions will be posted tomorrow.
When it is time for me to upgrade my 14 pm (1-2 years time) I am probably going to go with that generation's plus

Edit: if I can hold off upgrading for 2 more years the rumors are saying the regular line will get 120 hz as well

Reactions: Chidoro

wyzard55

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2023
Selling my 13 Pro and getting a 15 plus. Have been running by 13 Pro at 60HZ and really am fine with it. Of course at 68 y.o. probably wouldn't make that much difference to me anyway. Now.. blue or black? hmmmmm

Reactions: 5x10

contacos

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Selling my 13 Pro and getting a 15 plus. Have been running by 13 Pro at 60HZ and really am fine with it. Of course at 68 y.o. probably wouldn't make that much difference to me anyway. Now.. blue or black? hmmmmm

its basically like deciding between black and white haha depends on what you like more

Star-fire

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
I was really tempted by the plus but the 5x camera and 120hz won out, still an awesome phone when I checked them out in the store.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
If I could handle the size of the Plus on a day to day basis, I'd love to have that screen. Regular 15 is the absolute biggest phone I would like to carry around every day though. It's sort of brilliantly RIGHT at my limit, giving me the biggest screen I could possibly get in a size I can easily live with.

More power to you Plus users though! Definitely wish I could handle it!

Reactions: Geekett

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
Sadly both sizes are rumored to be getting bigger next year
Good lord. I'll have my 15 for a good long while, so it'll be interesting to see how it shakes out! Part of the reason I made sure I got a 6s because it was the last of the iPhones to have a headphone jack (not counting SE). Glad I grabbed the 15 this year, especially if they are due to get bigger yet again!

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
I was sooo tempted by pink but in the end went with green! Pink is gorgeous this year
Seriously, they really killed it with the colors this year (yellow, not so sure though), but I was seriously underwhelmed watching the event, then watching Youtubers online saying they were different shades of white. They really undersold how cool these colors are. Blue, Green, and Pink all look amazing to me in person. I'm not quite ballsy enough to rock pink everyday, but green on the other hand just hits the spot. Pretty thrilled with it. Glad I didn't play it safe and go black. Snooze...ZZZZZZZZ

Reactions: MarkX

ab2c4

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2013
Sadly both sizes are rumored to be getting bigger next year
Not to worry. The rumor is they are only making the phones taller, not wider. While it will be 6.3” it actually won’t be any bigger in reality. It’s just marketing BS and trickery.

It’s supposed to change the aspect ratio from 19.5:9 like it is now, to 20:9.

NotApplicable

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2019
Not to worry. The rumor is they are only making the phones taller, not wider. While it will be 6.3” it actually won’t be any bigger in reality. It’s just marketing BS and trickery.
Taller is bigger…

Confused why one would think only width matters for reachability or pocketability

ab2c4

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2013
Taller is bigger…

Confused why one would think only width matters for reachability or pocketability
If it doesn’t make anything bigger on the screen, to me that’s the same size…just a taller screen. Width matters for how big everything looks on the screen.

Now if they made it 6.3” with the same aspect ratio as the 15’s then that would be a big deal to me and grab my interest.

At least that’s my opinion.

I’m thinking maybe you are a one handed phone user and in that case it would matter. For a two handed user such as myself the width is what is important.

Last edited:
Reactions: skiltrip

BotchQue

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
To the original poster Contacos, did your camera show any more leakage during your vacation? Did you decide to keep the phone? (read thru all pages, didn't see anything)

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
One week with the 15 Plus. Absolutely love this device. Using it case-less with grip tape. Other than missing the always-on display of the 14 Pro I have zero complaints. So light in-hand and pocket.

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
You know, I walked into an Apple Store and took a look at the 15 and 15 Plus. I’m really liking what I see. The back glass looks fantastic, the phones are light. Screens are still OLED. These are terrific phones.

joshwithachance

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2009
I was sooo tempted by pink but in the end went with green! Pink is gorgeous this year
I could NOT resist the pink when I saw it in real life.👏🏼

Attachments

• IMG_7512.jpeg
    IMG_7512.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_7509.jpeg
    IMG_7509.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: StaceyMJ86
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.