Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
I have had iOS 13 beta installed on my iPhone Max for about a week. I have found it has not been extremely buggy and surprisingly smooth to be a beta. My biggest problem has been Mail. It indicates that I have unread mail when I actually don’t. Sometimes I click Inbox and get a blank screen but I go back and click again and all the mail is there.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
The two things I encounter is not being able to drag apps from Spotlight and Slide Over apps being a bit hard to hide (top bar doesn’t move it off screen anymore)

Reactions: sorgo †

highertechnology

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2009
Definitely mail. I’ve been trying to use stock apps primarily for bug detection and new feature identification and dark mode. But I’m having the same issues you are.

Additionally, my device is getting very warm to the touch while charging and heavy use on the top right side.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I'll add to the mail complaint. Honestly, that is the only bug I have experienced on a regular basis. Virtually all of my main apps are working. Fortunately I am on a Mac all day, so I have been just ignoring the mail app on my phone.

Sh4wN

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2012
The two things I encounter is not being able to drag apps from Spotlight and Slide Over apps being a bit hard to hide (top bar doesn’t move it off screen anymore)

Yeah, I’ve struggled with that one, I always tried to grab the upper handle bar. Just slide on the left edge, works perfectly that way.

Biggest problem for me: I can‘t seem to be able to answer to my work emails. Creating new emails is not a problem, but answering is just not working from my business account... Had the same problem on my iPhone, but it magically fixed itself. Not sure what to do, so I’ll probably wait for Beta 2 and if that doesn’t fix it I’ll try some other things.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I was able to connect my work Exchange account to Xs mail app but not IPP 11".

Press22

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2010
Las Vegas
Sometimes my notifications make no sounds.
3D touch doesn't work? Everything is long press.
Weirdly my Mail seems to work fine.
Hey Siri appears to work less often for me and a bit slower too.

DimaVR

Suspended
Nov 14, 2017
Sometimes my notifications make no sounds.
3D touch doesn't work? Everything is long press.
Weirdly my Mail seems to work fine.
Hey Siri appears to work less often for me and a bit slower too.

i get sounds with notification but dont get preview lol

Reactions: Ansath

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
Not true. Search the Internet.
Second that.

Signed,
Have had dev betas since iOS 5 and not a dev.

Also, for me, the biggest bug is the constant request for apps to have my location. It’s the pop up for “this app has been using your location, do you want to keep allowing this” and it’s almost always Best Buy and it happens almost every time I unlock my phone. Other than that, I love this release so far

Edit: This.

7CBF749B-2655-4602-9E38-C713815EE184.png

Reactions: Ansath

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
My biggest problem has been Mail. It indicates that I have unread mail when I actually don’t. Sometimes I click Inbox and get a blank screen but I go back and click again and all the mail is there.

Definitely mail. I’ve been trying to use stock apps primarily for bug detection and new feature identification and dark mode. But I’m having the same issues you are.

I'll add to the mail complaint. Honestly, that is the only bug I have experienced on a regular basis. Virtually all of my main apps are working. Fortunately I am on a Mac all day, so I have been just ignoring the mail app on my phone.

Everything has been working great on my XS Max except for Mail being super buggy. Thinking of trying Outlook until the next Beta.

Comments like these are the only reason I haven't jumped onto iOS13/iPadOS for my mobile devices yet. I depend too heavily on mail to have it compromised.

Hopefully beta 2 will resolve the mail issues.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Comments like these are the only reason I haven't jumped onto iOS13/iPadOS for my mobile devices yet. I depend too heavily on mail to have it compromised.

Hopefully beta 2 will resolve the mail issues.

Yeah if you depend heavily on Apples stock mail.app definitely stay away.... it’s the one thing I can say with certainty is buggy right now and I don’t trust

Reactions: eoblaed

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Do you think it’s worth it just to test out the new software first, or do you actually develop?

Just to test the new software. Getting to use the new OS ~4 months early across all of my devices is worth it. I’ve had no issues with Betas since IOS 11, so 3 years running beta 1 on my main device.

Reactions: soloer

DblHelix

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
For me mail. Today however I had 4 rebooted randomly which I have not had up until now

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
Updated my iPad Pro 9.7" and Mail with Exchange is a hot mess. Otherwise, a couple freezes and resprings but not too bad for a first beta with major changes.

oscarodas

macrumors regular
May 7, 2013
Sydney Australia
My biggest bug is watching videos, if I enlarge them I get a blank screen and also I dont have the option to forward or rewind all I get is a solid bar with pause or play phone X

Reactions: DblHelix

chrism_scotland

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2018
I’ve been getting odd instances where the touchscreen seems to just stop responding, mainly with the updated files app, but also seeing some odd behaviour in split screen mode with it too.

Reactions: dcp10

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Second that.

Signed,
Have had dev betas since iOS 5 and not a dev.

Also, for me, the biggest bug is the constant request for apps to have my location. It’s the pop up for “this app has been using your location, do you want to keep allowing this” and it’s almost always Best Buy and it happens almost every time I unlock my phone. Other than that, I love this release so far

Edit: This.

View attachment 842353

That most likely needs to be updated at Best Buy's end, once they update the app with the new API, those settings should stick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.