Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I’ve gone back to iOS 12. All working fine again now. Only thing from iOS 13 I miss is dark mode.
One of the few things about iOS13 that I have no interest in, is dark mode. Don't like it, don't like it on MacOS either.

... Says I'm connected to WiFi but still shows LTE until I either reboot or toggle it in Control Center multiple times
Oh that's interesting. My phone keeps dropping WiFi (and shows 4G) especially in FaceTime calls. Going into settings shows no networks at all until I reboot. In this state, switching airplane mode on/off occasionally causes my phone to hang. It didn't occur to me that the phone might actually still be on wifi but just not showing it. When it next happens I'll see what my router thinks is connected.

EDIT: Nope, router doesn't see my phone, so wifi definitely dies.

Last edited:

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I have a 30GB data cap - my biggest iOS 13 problem has been that the photos app used 20GB of data in a week or so (Optimize Storage is on, but I think it was trying to pull stuff down to sync with Google Photos - my backup system) ... I've disabled cellular data for Photos.app so hopefully that'll do it.

Also, apps installed using a different iTunes account than my main account fail to open after 2-3 days and have to be deleted and re-installed, which requires signing out of my main account and, in turn, losing all of my Apple Music downloads - obviously not optimal when I've already blown through my monthly data allowance less than halfway through the billing period. Lol.

Otherwise, the beta has been surprisingly solid in my experience.
I also have 30GB (now 20GB for iPad. Pricey) allowance but I often find myself needing to burn data midway or at the last day because there is no data roll over for plans lol. I do not use Google Drive to backup my photos though, but regularly export photos to my hard drive and upload photos to OneDrive, which then is synced to my main PC, with which a full backup being created every week.

I have two iTunes accounts for two regions (Japan and Australia), with different collection of apps. By far I haven’t notice any app being downloaded with second iTunes account fail to open after two weeks of using beta 1. I guess that is because I often keep the second account logged in as iTunes account.

My iPad now restarts every day at random time when I am not using it. Weird but expected. Other than that, nothing that hurts me a lot.
Almost every app I’ve used now asks if it has permission to use Bluetooth? Not sure why they would need access to Bluetooth so I’ve turned Bluetooth off. Not really a bug but it’s annoying.
Yes. I also want a one-off master switch within Screen Time settings so that I can deny pretty much all access of BT from all apps. I also wish I could deploy some MDM policies to further lock down my iOS to what I like, though I know this is impossible.

nordique

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2014
3D Touch works here

Are you sure it’s not the haptic touch style sensation? (With the haptic feedback slightly delayed as opposed to instantaneous when pressing down, and is peek and pop working for you?)

Craig Federigh mentioned it would be fixed for the next beta. It certainly isn’t working for myself or any of the numerous youtubers that made videos about it (prior to Craig saying it was a bug, we thought it was a sign Apple was killing 3D Touch)

3D Touch app switcher works fine for me. But everything seems a bit behind Vs my iOS 12 devices, including app switcher and notably 3D Touch keyboard cursor. It works fine inside some apps too so it’s likely an OS related bug.

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
Are you sure it’s not the haptic touch style sensation? (With the haptic feedback slightly delayed as opposed to instantaneous when pressing down, and is peek and pop working for you?)

Craig Federigh mentioned it would be fixed for the next beta. It certainly isn’t working for myself or any of the numerous youtubers that made videos about it (prior to Craig saying it was a bug, we thought it was a sign Apple was killing 3D Touch)

3D Touch app switcher works fine for me. But everything seems a bit behind Vs my iOS 12 devices, including app switcher and notably 3D Touch keyboard cursor. It works fine inside some apps too so it’s likely an OS related bug.

I see what your saying, but if I hard pressed really fast, it still works, along with long pressing. It’s the animation that’s too slow

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I’ve gone back to iOS 12. All working fine again now. Only thing from iOS 13 I miss is dark mode.

Reinstalled iOS 13. This time using just my iPhone. Now a lot better and the problems I first had have been resolved.

It still says 13.0 though. I thought beta 2 was out?

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
Card shows up as read only for me there and as the name ERRORNAME.

Oh, well I assumed it would behave the same as my 2 external storage devices I used. Maybe depends on how it’s formatted, it’s not one that has its own proprietary software?

wingnut8

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
Oh, well I assumed it would behave the same as my 2 external storage devices I used. Maybe depends on how it’s formatted, it’s not one that has its own proprietary software?
I can’t even get my Mac formatted SSD to work.

xexets

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2009
Files does not see SDXC card bigger than 64gb (different hubs) but does see sd smaller than 32gb and usb sticks of any size
Files does not connect to NAS (but does connect to windows shared folder no problem)
Face ID does not work well when opening smart folio keyboard

Jimmie Geddes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
Swiping up while on 2, 3, 4, etc. Home Screen no longer brings me back to my first Home Screen page. Have to swipe right to cycle through.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.