Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

highertechnology

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2009
I think I’ve solved the Mail issue with a workaround. My particular problem was shown unread emails when none exist.

If I sorted by unread using the icon none would appear but the icon would still show some.

But I went back to mailboxes > edit and selected the unread inbox to show in the list of options and I was able to get the correct count of unread emails and none when none exist.

And I also have Spark and Edison but am using stock app for testing.

Reactions: ram130

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2016
Middle East
For me the biggest issue is randomly being unable to receive calls.

They just go straight to voicemail and it’s only because I get a text notification to say I’ve missed a call I know.

Data calls (FaceTime etc) work fine. But cellular calls sometimes don’t. No rhyme or reason. I’ve tried resetting network settings, restarting the phone, toggling airplane mode. But nothing helps and just have to wait for it to sort itself out.

ram130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
New York
As awesome as it is, there are many, myself included, who are incredibly wary of the privacy policy on that piece of software.

Unfortunately many of us in corporate environments cannot use anything other than the default mail app due to security concerns.

I see. I know they reroute gmail to their servers for notifications. Explains my odd syncing issues between devices. But I’m fine with that. Plus not hiding nothing.

I’m guessing cooperate must be super tight on security? Funny. I worked at a company that did that for managers but it wasn’t required to use the mail app. You could use any apps that support either office 365 or google apps or pop3/imap and security.

But I know there are things I don’t know about. Sucks though.

They just go straight to voicemail and it’s only because I get a text notification to say I’ve missed a call I know.

Data calls (FaceTime etc) work fine. But cellular calls sometimes don’t. No rhyme or reason. I’ve tried resetting network settings, restarting the phone, toggling airplane mode. But nothing helps and just have to wait for it to sort itself out.

Sounds like a VOIP issue. If you’re in a strong signal city. Try disabling LTE for now.

trikotret

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2015
So far been running fine. Only problem is some apps either freeze or crash. But not a big deal. What's app is my biggest problem now but I have all my group threads muted so what's app doesn't bother me a lot.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013

Mentioned this earlier, but have you confirmed that Silence Unknown Callers is toggled to "off" in Settings>Phone? That behavior is exactly what Silence Unknown Callers does to anyone not in your contact list.

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2016
Middle East
Mentioned this earlier, but have you confirmed that Silence Unknown Callers is toggled to "off" in Settings>Phone? That behavior is exactly what Silence Unknown Callers does to anyone not in your contact list.

Yes checked. It also happens with those listed as contacts.

cale508

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
IL
I have had iOS 13 beta installed on my iPhone Max for about a week. I have found it has not been extremely buggy and surprisingly smooth to be a beta. My biggest problem has been Mail. It indicates that I have unread mail when I actually don’t. Sometimes I click Inbox and get a blank screen but I go back and click again and all the mail is there.
I've had the problems you describe since iOS 11, so there's nothing new here. Just that the Apple mail app sucks compared to others.

ronno

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2014
Anyone been able to get the volume buttons to change the ring volume?
Although I have that selected in settings, buttons only change the 'speaker' volume, not ring tone.

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2016
Middle East
Not to sound like a broken record, but file a bug!

I have already. I was just replying to the topic as I know I’m not the only one this is happening to.

Handoff one seems to have resolved itself. Just started working again if it’s own accord.

2f372023e8f84ffeaed9966fdc9a6117.jpg

sammy2066

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
Has anyone been having trouble with scrolling? It keeps jumping up in every app, and its gone from being a mild annoyance, to me wanting to punch the wall.

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2016
Middle East
Has anyone been having trouble with scrolling? It keeps jumping up in every app, and its gone from being a mild annoyance, to me wanting to punch the wall.

Not in every app. But seems to be worse in stock apps for me. However it’s intermittent and a restart normally stops it for a bit on my XS Max

sammy2066

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
Not in every app. But seems to be worse in stock apps for me. However it’s intermittent and a restart normally stops it for a bit on my XS Max

Maybe I should try restarting more often. One of my major gripes with iOS is that there isn't a dedicated restart button anywhere in the system. Any word on when DP2 is expected to land?

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2016
Middle East
Maybe I should try restarting more often. One of my major gripes with iOS is that there isn't a dedicated restart button anywhere in the system. Any word on when DP2 is expected to land?

I would expect the earliest is Mon. However they have gone 3 weeks for Beta 1 before.

prithvi64

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2017
Everything has been working great on my XS Max except for Mail being super buggy. Thinking of trying Outlook until the next Beta.
Outlook also not getting sync properly. Note is completely broken. nothing is visible in both dark as well as light modes.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Outlook also not getting sync properly. Note is completely broken. nothing is visible in both dark as well as light modes.

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll deal with Mail's issues for now then.

For notes turn off increase contrast in Settings > accessibility > Display & text size

that should display your notes.

Reactions: Ladyc0524

Riley-Freeman

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2010
Toronto (2019 NBA WORLD CHAMPS)
so i took the gamble and installed it on my iphone X with no dev account and using windows. I was lucky, i didnt experience a single bug at all. Probably took half an hour maybe less. Felt long in my mind cuz i had no clue if it would work lol.

Works as it should so far. Only one app which is a game that i consistently use crashes.

I do wish dark Mode was black and not this dark grey. I will be happy once the devs start updating their apps. I have a feeling whatsapp is going to lag behind. Whatsapp tends to move slow and not really care about what their user base wants.

I do wish that there was an option in dark mode that made the app icons darker. Whats the point of dark mode if you still have these really bright app icons? Also hope the apps "fix" their splash screen when opening them. Youtube has had a dark mode for a while now but still has a bright white splash screen when you open the app (makes no sense).

My biggest disappointment isnt even ios 13, it's watchOS 6. The bug not allowing colour on infograph unless you pick black or white.

EDIT: i am probably in the minority here but i hate the contacts on the share sheet. I personlly only use whatsapp because i like being able to quote exactly what you are responding to. Until imessage adds this feature, i have no interest in using it. It's suggesting a bunch of contacts that i worry about accidentally clicking on them and sending them something.

Last edited:

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll deal with Mail's issues for now then.

For notes turn off increase contrast in Settings > accessibility > Display & text size

that should display your notes.

FWIW Outlook is working perfectly for me. IPad and iPhone. Light and Dark mode.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
This is probably a stupid question but, after installing iOS 13 on my iPhone XS max, do I need to download another file to get it on my iPad Pro?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.