Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mclarendude2

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2015
USA
One issue I am having with iOS 13 beta 1 is auto dark mode when I have it sent to turn on and off a curtain times it turns on at night but when it’s morning and suppose to turn off dark mode it doesn’t

m.wttfld

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2019
Germany
I also have problems with mail, especially with my exhange server account. Also the whole mail UI is broken for me and often not shows any mails at all. Biggest prob for private daily use is definitely Whatsapp, also some Major stability issues while using.

(It's insane how many errors are printed out on the console while using mail, you can literally see how it can't run really good.)

EDIT: Almost forgot biggest prob for me as a dev, xCode crashes really often when deploying Apps with new SwiftUI to iPhone, no error I can fix or lower in frequency. Have to wait to include auto Dark Mode in our beta builds.

Last edited:

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
A tad off topic (didn’t want to start a new thread to ask), as a developer how easy is it to implement dark mode in your app(s)? Do you think most apps will offer dark mode?

jhfenton

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
I must be the only one who could care less for the Mail app. Lol. I use Spark. Simply awesome.

I couldn't care less for the Mail app. I haven't used it at all for several years. I use Outlook for 3 personal email accounts and 1 corporate email account. (I also use ProtonMail, but it has its own app.)

Outlook also not getting sync properly.

Outlook works fine for me. It is properly syncing gmail. iCloud, live.com, and Exchange email accounts (also the Exchange calendar).

Reactions: ram130

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
FL
Spotty Cellular Activity has been the biggest gripe for me, sometimes when you leave Wi-Fi and the phone connects to cellular, the cellular connectivity doesn't "kick" in and just shows the bars with no data indication. Also sometimes Wi-Fi won't auto join if the device was using Cellular prior. The workaround is using Airplane mode, and forcing the phone to "search" for the network in question again. Other than that it seems to be smooth sailing.

Reactions: jjelq

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I’m getting 300+Mbps and after 5 minutes Apple Music is still searching.

e0c04d834e676a9f3a490d2c51828561.jpg

579abb29b0cfc5ccc3f54485cdb89910.jpg

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Gone back to iOS 12. 13 is just too buggy for me. Might install the public bata later on. We’ll see.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
One issue I've had, that I have not seen mentioned - Reminders.app - Deleting a list, won't go away.

My biggest problem is I dont have a dev account and having to wait on a beta :)

You don't need one, really ☺️ There are ways! I don't have an account, but I am getting bugs reported by people from here I know, that have one.

i get sounds with notification but dont get preview lol

I get that too, was just on WhatsApp (which was a known bug), but now seems to be on more apps than when I started on iOS 13.

Comments like these are the only reason I haven't jumped onto iOS13/iPadOS for my mobile devices yet. I depend too heavily on mail to have it compromised.

Hopefully beta 2 will resolve the mail issues.

Mail works, just has a random issue with the number of unread emails on the icon, which is hurting my OCD.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I have a 30GB data cap - my biggest iOS 13 problem has been that the photos app used 20GB of data in a week or so (Optimize Storage is on, but I think it was trying to pull stuff down to sync with Google Photos - my backup system) ... I've disabled cellular data for Photos.app so hopefully that'll do it.

Also, apps installed using a different iTunes account than my main account fail to open after 2-3 days and have to be deleted and re-installed, which requires signing out of my main account and, in turn, losing all of my Apple Music downloads - obviously not optimal when I've already blown through my monthly data allowance less than halfway through the billing period. Lol.

Otherwise, the beta has been surprisingly solid in my experience.

davidb8

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2013
(Obviously I know it’s beta 1, before you all mock me for pointing out issues In a beta)

Had a couple random resprings, even when I’ve not been using the phone(standard beta stuff) but not as many as some previous betas. Using it on my main phone too and it’s working well enough for me to not revert to iOS 12(yet)

Almost every app I’ve used now asks if it has permission to use Bluetooth? Not sure why they would need access to Bluetooth so I’ve turned Bluetooth off. Not really a bug but it’s annoying.

Not a fan of the new photos layout but I’ll get used to it. The main thing I have an issue with is when I try to watch a video It has no audio until I press the unmute button. Also can’t scrub through the video until I press the unmute button.. it displays the photo “timeline” at the bottom instead of the play through bar(if that makes sense) not sure if this is a a new feature or a bug. Hoping it’s not a permanent feature.

Face ID does actually feel a lot faster! :)

Photos still barely picks up faces. Out of about 7000 photos it recognizes 11 faces.

Will update with more stuff.
[doublepost=1560700363][/doublepost]Not all of my passwords have come across from keychain either.. and it seems to be sending me to the list of passwords every time rather than filling it in for me. Even mac rumors password isn’t In my keychain for some reason

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I'm having random issues whereby WiFi drops and then the phone won't see any wifi networks at all until I reboot. I've tried toggling airplane mode but sometimes that causes the phone to lock up completely. iPhone 6S. Reported.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
(Obviously I know it’s beta 1, before you all mock me for pointing out issues In a beta)

Had a couple random resprings, even when I’ve not been using the phone(standard beta stuff) but not as many as some previous betas. Using it on my main phone too and it’s working well enough for me to not revert to iOS 12(yet)

Almost every app I’ve used now asks if it has permission to use Bluetooth? Not sure why they would need access to Bluetooth so I’ve turned Bluetooth off. Not really a bug but it’s annoying.

Not a fan of the new photos layout but I’ll get used to it. The main thing I have an issue with is when I try to watch a video It has no audio until I press the unmute button. Also can’t scrub through the video until I press the unmute button.. it displays the photo “timeline” at the bottom instead of the play through bar(if that makes sense) not sure if this is a a new feature or a bug. Hoping it’s not a permanent feature.

Face ID does actually feel a lot faster! :)

Photos still barely picks up faces. Out of about 7000 photos it recognizes 11 faces.

Will update with more stuff.
[doublepost=1560700363][/doublepost]Not all of my passwords have come across from keychain either.. and it seems to be sending me to the list of passwords every time rather than filling it in for me. Even mac rumors password isn’t In my keychain for some reason

The Bluetooth check ins are a feature Apple announced at WWDC. They are making exactly the point you did: why do certain apps require Bluetooth access even when they’re not running. Designed to raise consciousness of this. It’s caused me to turn off access to quite a few apps that don’t need this when not running.

Reactions: Apple_Robert

davidb8

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2013
The Bluetooth check ins are a feature Apple announced at WWDC. They are making exactly the point you did: why do certain apps require Bluetooth access even when they’re not running. Designed to raise consciousness of this. It’s caused me to turn off access to quite a few apps that don’t need this when not running.

Ok. Yes I had no idea certain apps were trying to use Bluetooth. Fair enough if I had any BT accessories that I was actually using at the time then it might want to route the audio through BT but why would they randomly need access to BT?

I too have gone in and denied access

Reactions: gwhizkids

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
Ok. Yes I had no idea certain apps were trying to use Bluetooth. Fair enough if I had any BT accessories that I was actually using at the time then it might want to route the audio through BT but why would they randomly need access to BT?

Yea, it’s very interesting! No idea why Facebook thinks it needs Bluetooth access! Especially when I’m not using it.

chrism_scotland

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2018
OK, biggest problem might be a bit rich but I can’t seem to get cmd & tab for switching between Apps (ala Alt/Tab) on iOS 13 when using my Keyboard....

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
OK, biggest problem might be a bit rich but I can’t seem to get cmd & tab for switching between Apps (ala Alt/Tab) on iOS 13 when using my Keyboard....

Working ok for me on iPad with magic keyboard. Which keyboard and which device are you using? Have you tried testing keys individually to see if one is broken? (Tab should take you to the address bar in Safari and holding CMD should show you shortcut sheet)

chrism_scotland

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2018
Working ok for me on iPad with magic keyboard. Which keyboard and which device are you using? Have you tried testing keys individually to see if one is broken? (Tab should take you to the address bar in Safari and holding CMD should show you shortcut sheet)

The new Brydge 12.9 Keyboard, both keys working ok on their own and was fine on iOS 12 earlier

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
The new Brydge 12.9 Keyboard, both keys working ok on their own and was fine on iOS 12 earlier

Weird. Maybe something broken with BT keyboards in general. All I can think of is to unpair and re-pair to see if it makes any difference.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013

To some extent, it might be simply to triangulate your location by matching to known Bluetooth fixed locations (beacons and the like).

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
  • Says I'm connected to WiFi but still shows LTE until I either reboot or toggle it in Control Center multiple times
  • Terrible battery life, which is to be expected
  • Switching from light to dark (and back) automatically is very wonky
  • iCloud Photo Library is not consistently syncing my library across devices
  • Missed calls & voicemail show up with a badge on the Phone app icon, but there's no badge on Recents or Voicemail when I open the Phone app

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.