Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bob Sanders

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2011
Did you pay for next day air? BB online gave one shipping option (Standard Feb 9th)

I'm not the poster you asked, but Best Buy shipped mine using FedEx Standard Overnight with delivery by 8 PM. Last night(24 hours ago right now) they were in Indiana and I had them in hand before 1 PM today.

Rorosbutt

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2013
I'm not the poster you asked, but Best Buy shipped mine using FedEx Standard Overnight with delivery by 8 PM. Last night(24 hours ago right now) they were in Indiana and I had them in hand before 1 PM today.

Did you pick and pay extra for that shipping? Or did BB upgrade the shipping unilaterally?

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
Did you pick and pay extra for that shipping? Or did BB upgrade the shipping unilaterally?

When I bought from Best Buy (yesterday late afternoon), there wasn't an option for additional shipping options. I think it automatically selected a shipping selection (I'm in CA)

My order shipped out today for delivery tomorrow.

Reactions: blaine07

Bob Sanders

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2011

I didn't pay extra, just selected the standard free 2 day shipping they have during the holidays. On Monday(10-19) they set the delivery date as Wednesday(10-21), then waited to ship until late Tuesday night and overnighted it. I have seen Amazon Prime do the same thing before too, no idea why.

Rorosbutt

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2013
When I bought from Best Buy (yesterday late afternoon), there wasn't an option for additional shipping options. I think it automatically selected a shipping selection (I'm in CA)

My order shipped out today for delivery tomorrow.

When you ordered did it show a delivery for this week or Feb?
[doublepost=1482387320][/doublepost]
I didn't pay extra, just selected the standard free 2 day shipping they have during the holidays. On Monday(10-19) they set the delivery date as Wednesday(10-21), then waited to ship until late Tuesday night and overnighted it. I have seen Amazon Prime do the same thing before too, no idea why.
Okay. I'm just wondering if the order I just (maybe 30 mins or so ago) placed will move quicker. But you had 2 day shipping anyway so it's not like they pulled you from a waitlist.

Bob Sanders

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2011
Okay. I'm just wondering if the order I just (maybe 30 mins or so ago) placed will move quicker. But you had 2 day shipping anyway so it's not like they pulled you from a waitlist.

To be clear, I ordered from Best Buy on the evening of launch day, so I was definitely on a wait list/backordered.

I was just posting about their shipping. I can't speak to how fast you will get yours if you just ordered.

Rorosbutt

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2013
To be clear, I ordered from Best Buy on the evening of launch day, so I was definitely on a wait list/backordered.

I was just posting about their shipping. I can't speak to how fast you will get yours if you just ordered.

Oh wow. Glad you're finally getting them. It's a disgrace that others have a pair because they just lucked out while you're waiting. Let us know how they work out! :)

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
UPS has been at my house from as early as 10AM and late as 10PM the last couple of weeks. I am glad I have to work today

Nykwil

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2002
Cyberspace
Huh, weird. My order is hung up in Louisville, KY and delivery shifted to tomorrow.

Still better than February and it will be nice to get it before Christmas.

jk73

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2012
I placed an order at Best Buy last night (maybe 1:00 a.m. Eastern) and it says "Backordered / By Feb. 9" on the main Orders page and "Preparing / Feb. 9" on the individual order's page. Hard to imagine Best Buy is getting more frequent deliveries than Apple's own stores, but maybe I'll get lucky today like some others here did yesterday.

paapplefan

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2015
Got mine through BB. They are stuck in Louisville. Was supposed to be delivered today, but says the package didn't make the plane in time. Weird. So it's tomorrow. Better than a few weeks from now.

ExcelsiorActual

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2015
Got mine through BB. They are stuck in Louisville. Was supposed to be delivered today, but says the package didn't make the plane in time. Weird. So it's tomorrow. Better than a few weeks from now.
In the same boat. UPS reports "We were unable to load the package on the plane as scheduled. / your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day."
Sounds like Louisville is getting slammed with last minute AirPod shipments! Hopefully we'll all get ours tomorrow as promised!

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
When you ordered did it show a delivery for this week or Feb?
[doublepost=1482387320][/doublepost]

Before I placed my order, it initially said February, but after placing the order, it listed it as preparing for shipment. It's scheduled to arrive today!

I think the Feb ship date will continue to be listed on the site, but orders will be shipped as they are received. They seem to have a decent amount of stock!

Reactions: stanman64

jk73

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2012
Updating my #313, my Best Buy order now has a big yellow "Backordered" warning on the order page.

elmorage

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2012
Updating my #313, my Best Buy order now has a big yellow "Backordered" warning on the order page.

Mine too, but it keeps bouncing between backordered and preparing. It must have changed 6 times already.

jk73

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2012
Yes, mine just did the same. Perhaps Best Buy did get more stock this afternoon?

TheClaff

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2009

Same here - you know they are busy when all the tiny packages for AirPods couldn't get onto the plane. Still 2 days is way better than 2 weeks or months to wait.

Awfisch

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2011
Mine have been sitting all day at the UPS facility 20 minutes from my house.

It says, "A late UPS trailer arrival has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled."

I no longer have a scheduled delivery date.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami

It says, "A late UPS trailer arrival has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled."

That totally sucks! Have you tried calling them and maybe pick them up?

Rorosbutt

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2013

You know what to do! Plead temporary insanity! LOL

stanman64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Got eeeeeeem!

Attachments

• IMG_0821.JPG
    IMG_0821.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 160

Awfisch

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2011
That totally sucks! Have you tried calling them and maybe pick them up?
That's a good idea!
I'm trying to be understanding. This is literally the busiest week of their entire year. It's just a bummer to have to wait until tomorrow! Lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.