Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klpribula93

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2021
I just ordered this case off of amazon. It looks like it can fit Apple's 'purse' smart case inside of this case along with the charger. It looks pretty sturdy to me and well built! I thought about getting the Waterfield case, but got nervous due to people having issues with the magnets inside and their APM not waking up after taking it out of the case. Decided to play it safe and go with something different that'll fit the Apple's 'purse' or 'bra' case (whatever you like to call it) lol. hopefully it'll arrive on Thursday as I'll be out of town Friday this week! Not too worried about the smell that reviewers are complaining about. As long as the case does it's job, that's all I care about!

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
intelliArmor with AirTag. Before the “you can already use FindMy” crowd chimes in… the location reported in FindMy is the last location your AirPod’s were connected to a device. Take the AirPods with you, but do not connect them to a device and you will see it reports the last location.

AirTag FTW

Attachments

• F978F949-7A90-4B06-9E63-339943696FDE.jpeg
    F978F949-7A90-4B06-9E63-339943696FDE.jpeg
    544.4 KB · Views: 164
  • C85DC875-EE7F-449D-BA57-AB8D7F04F975.jpeg
    C85DC875-EE7F-449D-BA57-AB8D7F04F975.jpeg
    313.3 KB · Views: 160

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
intelliArmor with AirTag. Before the “you can already use FindMy” crowd chimes in… the location reported in FindMy is the last location your AirPod’s were connected to a device. Take the AirPods with you, but do not connect them to a device and you will see it reports the last location.

AirTag FTW
Is your APM's headband fully extended?

Also where did you get that AirTag enclosure that fits perfectly like that in the IntelliArmor?

Reactions: dazzlingirl

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
The APM’s are not fully extended

The enclosure is simply a sticky backed pouch. Sticks really and holds the AirTag very secure

Two for under $6.50

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
Hi, how is the co2crea hard case compared with the ProCase Travel Case? Has anybody tried both?

klpribula93

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2021
Hi, how is the co2crea hard case compared with the ProCase Travel Case? Has anybody tried both?

I just got my co2crea hard case last week! I'm loving it so far. It protects my headphones very well and the Apple's 'bra' case fits in the case perfectly. The co2crea case does have its own magnets and I guess the case is a smart case as well. When i looked online, it didn't seem that it was a smart case and didnt show the magnets. But if you have the apple's bra case or just have the headphones in the co2crea case alone without the apple's case, it'll put the headphones in low power mode either way! have not had any issues with the case so far and has really protected my headphones in my recent travels.

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
I just got my co2crea hard case last week! I'm loving it so far. It protects my headphones very well and the Apple's 'bra' case fits in the case perfectly. The co2crea case does have its own magnets and I guess the case is a smart case as well. When i looked online, it didn't seem that it was a smart case and didnt show the magnets. But if you have the apple's bra case or just have the headphones in the co2crea case alone without the apple's case, it'll put the headphones in low power mode either way! have not had any issues with the case so far and has really protected my headphones in my recent travels.

Thanks. Nice to hear from a co2crea user. Does it smell? Don't know the reason but users of different cases reported that their cases smelled very bad. Is there any cushion inside to protect the AMP from getting damaged due to drop? Also, is there a handle outside the case? Some photos show that there is a strap but others show that there is no strap.

klpribula93

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2021
Thanks. Nice to hear from a co2crea user. Does it smell? Don't know the reason but users of different cases reported that their cases smelled very bad. Is there any cushion inside to protect the AMP from getting damaged due to drop? Also, is there a handle outside the case? Some photos show that there is a strap but others show that there is no strap.
When I got the case, the case didn't smell at all to me. Inside of the case doesn't seem to have any cushion but the lining inside is plush. Not as plushy as the Waterfield case, but it's enough to not get your APM scratched. The shell itself is pretty strong in my opinion to protect the APM and would definately protect your APM from being damaged if you were to drop it. The texture of the case is pretty nice on the outside. I got the grey co2crea case since it looks nicer to me.

Edit: My case does have a strap, but I won't use it very often. The zipper is also pretty nice too!

Reactions: hajime

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
When I got the case, the case didn't smell at all to me. Inside of the case doesn't seem to have any cushion but the lining inside is plush. Not as plushy as the Waterfield case, but it's enough to not get your APM scratched. The shell itself is pretty strong in my opinion to protect the APM and would definately protect your APM from being damaged if you were to drop it. The texture of the case is pretty nice on the outside. I got the grey co2crea case since it looks nicer to me.

Edit: My case does have a strap, but I won't use it very often. The zipper is also pretty nice too!
Thanks. There is a mesh inside the Pro Case. Not sure if it would scratch the APM. Your case may be better.

Reactions: Synomenon

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I know it is priced high, but any thoughts on the UAG Ration Protective Case? I was thinking of giving it or another case a try.
Those look nice, rugged and very protective! Slightly less expensive than the Waterfield Design ones I've ordered.

If you get them let us know what you think.

I'm a little worried about the Waterfield case, as there have been reports of battery drain, even with the built-in magnetic flaps that are supposed to put the headphones to sleep. Though it is not clear if it is a general issue with Apple's firmware even with their own case.

Reactions: johntw

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
This does not look any better then the cheaper cases, just a spiffy marketing site.
It's not just some spiffy marketing site. UAG is legit. I've seen their products at Best Buy, Fry's Electronics (before they shut down), Amazon and my company purchases UAG cases for all cell phones we deploy.

That case does look alot like the cheaper ones on Amazon though.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Check this one out. Interesting design, but it kind of reminds me of a miniature old west coffin shape? I do know they make high quality goods. Even more expensive than the Waterfield Design one.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Got these for delivery Friday. I’ll report back with results…

Hard Carrying Case Replacement Travel Storage Bag for Apple AirPods Max Headphone Grey https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0933255PF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_F8YTYVYFN102DFQZJZY6
So I’ve been using this case for the last 10 days and I absolutely love it! It is barely larger than the APM itself but provides adequate protection, snug fit, without the bloated “luggage” feel. Personally I always planned on keeping the APM in the sleeve so that’s a non issue for me. Highly recommend

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
I'm a little worried about the Waterfield case, as there have been reports of battery drain, even with the built-in magnetic flaps that are supposed to put the headphones to sleep. Though it is not clear if it is a general issue with Apple's firmware even with their own case.
really? i love my waterfield case. i havent had any issues but then again i ALWAYS store with bra inside the waterfield case because i dont trust third party companies using magnets to force the APM asleep. i feel apple made the bra case for a reason so i use it in conjunction and been fine for months

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
really? i love my waterfield case. i havent had any issues but then again i ALWAYS store with bra inside the waterfield case because i dont trust third party companies using magnets to force the APM asleep. i feel apple made the bra case for a reason so i use it in conjunction and been fine for months
I guess I'll try it both ways, and just see what works. Either way I'm sure I'll like the case. I own a few of their good stuff.

fridayxiii

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Tampa Bay, FL
Any downsides to the co2CREA case? I like the look & and fit, and the price is certainly reasonable. I haven't seen a negative point yet, although I haven't read every post in this thread. I think I'd likely travel with my AirPod Pros but this would be nice if I really wanted to take the APMs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.