Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John dosh

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2019
I’m going to get them In black. Do Apple offer trade In as have a pair of AirPod pros if I could trade them in? I’m In uk.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Apple will also be selling the ear cups at a later date. In different colours.

This is actually pretty important. most headphones in this price point need ear cups replaced within a couple of years.

that price is too high, though.

Reactions: Dave245

John dosh

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2019
This is actually pretty important. most headphones in this price point need ear cups replaced within a couple of years.

Didn’t know you have to replace the cups? Would like to know how they hold up over time.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013

I think it's a pretty good idea, like the Apple Watch you can change up the colour and maybe Apple will add different materials over time? maybe a fitness set of ear cups for example.

Also doesn't this mean people will be able to hold on to them longer? rather than needing to buy a new set, you can just change out the ear cups.

ukms

macrumors demi-god
Apr 21, 2015
Dubai, UAE
Blue for me ...... 22/12 delivery ... Xmas gift from my wife ..... longer to wait than SG but I fancy a new colour compared to all the black/grey cans I've had over the many years..... I had actually moved to Airpods for travel because of size but since my travel for the foreseeable future is cut back, I'll be very happy to use these at home.....cant wait :)

Reactions: Dave245

imdog

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2017
Disneyland
Ridiculous price and not even a headphone jack. Was going to be a day one purchase but these were clearly not made with audio professionals in mind

digitalbreak

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2016
I was eager to order the Sky Blue but currently Sky Blue delivers on March 2021 - WTH! Will wait to see if I can purchase them in store in a few weeks!

1607445830446.png

BeatCrazy

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2011
Ordered Silver at first. Then realized the ear pads might look rather grungy after a while... noticed there was no mention by Apple of ability to replace? So, I cancelled Silver and ordered Space Gray. ETA Dec 15-17.

Reactions: MrMoore

ukms

macrumors demi-god
Apr 21, 2015
Dubai, UAE
Ridiculous price and not even a headphone jack. Was going to be a day one purchase but these were clearly not made with audio professionals in mind
Ridiculous price is subjective, why would Apple be making a mainstream product for a very narrow customer base/profession ?

zooby

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2008
I’m between space grey and silver. I have the blue iPhone but know I’ll get tired of the color eventually and I’m always switching phone colors. Black is always nice but silver is so Apple and eye catching. Ugh!

imdog

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2017
Disneyland
Ridiculous price is subjective, why would Apple be making a mainstream product for a very narrow customer base/profession ?
Mainstream headphones do not cost this much lol
I see some people saying you can’t even listen to them wired with the lightning cord? Does anyone know if this is true?

BeatCrazy

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2011
Mainstream headphones do not cost this much lol
I see some people saying you can’t even listen to them wired with the lightning cord? Does anyone know if this is true?
You can listen to them wired, but you need their proprietary cord @ $35.

ZachNathan

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2014
New York, NY
I mean they likely do have compatibility with 3.5mm jacks, you just have to use the Lightning adapter/Beats Solo Pro cord that’s been standard for several years now.

That being said, I chose my current premium headphones based on a mix of future-proofed and time tested technologies, so I understand any resentment towards what could very well be a product with blatant planned obsolescence.

Reactions: Mr. Awesome

VermontsFinest

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2020
I was eager to order the Sky Blue but currently Sky Blue delivers on March 2021 - WTH! Will wait to see if I can purchase them in store in a few weeks!

View attachment 1689358
I'd recommend locking down another color if you are interested in them... at least that way you'll have one on the way in the event the blue color isn't available in stores on launch.

Kiaeldan

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2020
Ordered space gray. I hope quality is better than bose 700. No touchpad is good news for me!

LongWayHome

Suspended
Oct 18, 2020
Ordered. I said this in another thread but if they aren't the most amazing headphone experience I've ever had I'll be returning them. For $550 they better blow my F***ing mind.

BeatCrazy

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2011
Ordered a Space Gray pair. Would have loved to get silver to match everything else I have, but going off what the white HomePods and nylon Apple Watch bands look like after a while, I decided against it.
Yes, that's the challenge. Silver hides scratches well, but that headband and pads will show grime and wear.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
I ordered mine in black, although after looking at the blue, I would've preferred the blue color. Anyways, hype!! Even if I am disappointed in these, I will still be able to return them, thanks to Apple's generous holiday return window!

1607451735772.png

Reactions: Icaras

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Ordered. I said this in another thread but if they aren't the most amazing headphone experience I've ever had I'll be returning them. For $550 they better blow my F***ing mind.
The spatial audio feature with the AirPods Pro along with watching anything on Disney+ or Apple TV+ is pretty freaking insane....

I'm sure these will be tons better at spatial audio than the APP and I am betting on it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.