Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadgetpete

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2020
I think that support person was mistaken. Apple just started selling a 3.5mm to lightning cable whose description specifically says for connecting AirPods Max to 3.5mm audio sources.
Just wondering if I’m typing with invisible ink!

poematik13

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2014
I think that support person was mistaken. Apple just started selling a 3.5mm to lightning cable whose description specifically says for connecting AirPods Max to 3.5mm audio sources.

Wow that's so weird. Conflicting messages going on. Waiting for reviews and/or apple support pages to be published, I guess.

gadgetpete

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2020
Ha, great minds.
Not having a go at you, I posted a link to the cable a good while ago on this thread, obviously people don’t read the thread and just pile in with a load of nonsense, I think Trump calls it ‘Fake News’, oh and shouts it as well ?. Anyone buying a set will be offered it at checkout, well in the UK you are, maybe it’s not in America yet ?

Last edited:

gadgetpete

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2020
Wow that's so weird. Conflicting messages going on. Waiting for reviews and/or apple support pages to be published, I guess.
No conflicting nothing, it’s called knowing what your talking about (your customer services person) look at the website it may help ?. Unless Dominion put it there, I hear they can do magic ?

• Angry
Reactions: Glideslope

Trager

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2010
Not having a go at you, I posted a link to the cable a good while ago on this thread, obviously people don’t read the thread and just pile in with a load of nonsense, I think Trump calls it ‘Fake News’, oh and shouts it as well ?. Anyone buying a set will be offered it at checkout, well in the UK you are, maybe it’s not in America yet ?
I did not see that offered when I went through checkout for my order this morning, but it might not have been updated yet. I ordered pretty early in the queue.

ukms

macrumors demi-god
Apr 21, 2015
Dubai, UAE
Mainstream headphones do not cost this much lol
I see some people saying you can’t even listen to them wired with the lightning cord? Does anyone know if this is true?
‘Mainstream’ as in they are widely available to anyone globally .... rather than a product aimed at a particular profession in a narrow market .... as was suggested by the poster I replied to..

jumpcutking

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Ya'll this post gives me mad Apps Envy... so I'm walking away... :D :D :D The blue ones are fire.

RiotMilk

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2020
BestBuy has all colors for delivery on the 15th....
Thanks for this tip! Like many others here, I thought i didn't want the Sky Blue until it was too late..now to decide whether to keep my Apple space gray order to compare / in case one order gets messed up, or cancel and release for others

jumpcutking

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
I don't know how accurate Best Buy's estimates will be - with other product launches, it only tells us that their will be wide spread shipping issues from third parties.

tripleh3lix

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2014
I really can't decide between the silver and the black. I really like the Silver, but they will probably look stupid while wearing them.

RiotMilk

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2020
I don't know how accurate Best Buy's estimates will be - with other product launches, it only tells us that their will be wide spread shipping issues from third parties.
Makes sense, but it's worth a shot regardless - better bet than with Apple's current store status for the blue

Reactions: jumpcutking

gadgetpete

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2020
Anyone got one of these?

Attachments

• 76597B12-5DA8-4A22-9D71-649632E8B2EC.jpeg
    76597B12-5DA8-4A22-9D71-649632E8B2EC.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 155
Reactions: ECJ

tripleh3lix

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2014
Makes sense, but it's worth a shot regardless - better bet than with Apple's current store status for the blue
I see Target has them too.. says "arrives on or shortly after release" but Best Buy says ships by Tuesday. Wonder if I should cancel and get to Target. Target has a 10$ express option.

Reactions: jumpcutking

Another Day

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2017
Wife and I preordered Space grey and Silver. Can't wait to try them out!

I don't get the negativity surrounding the Airpod Max...

Enigma01au

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 23, 2015
Adelaide, South Australia
Just ordered the Sky Blue, shipping February - March 21!!! Even with engraving which gets them here sooner.
And cost is AUD $899, easily the most money I've spent on headphones.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Just ordered the Sky Blue, shipping February - March 21!!! Even with engraving which gets them here sooner.
And cost is AUD $899, easily the most money I've spent on headphones.
Just checked apple store AU and sky blue ships 19/01?

I find it absurd that these are selling out so quickly. Either they only made 10 of each colour / artificial scarcity or people are just testing them out with the generous holiday return policy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.