Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

born2runak

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
It’s crazy to me that the in the States, Apple is showing two to three weeks out for delivery. But I have checked most other stores, and they can deliver it by the of 1 week. I even had one local Apple store [ 50 miles away), have the blue in stock (again, couldn’t get it since I’m stuck in isolation).

I didn’t realize that these were that popular, and I don’t know why Apple’s shipping time is so much longer than other stores. The only reason I’m stuck with the Apple store is I had Apple gift cards to burn. That’s also the reason I decided to but these in the first place.

Reactions: Michael887

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
Look what showed up this morning.
B2073400-DC2E-42FC-8E56-C49E62C4380E.jpeg

dandrewk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2010
San Rafael, California
It’s crazy to me that the in the States, Apple is showing two to three weeks out for delivery. But I have checked most other stores, and they can deliver it by the of 1 week. I even had one local Apple store [ 50 miles away), have the blue in stock (again, couldn’t get it since I’m stuck in isolation).

I didn’t realize that these were that popular, and I don’t know why Apple’s shipping time is so much longer than other stores. The only reason I’m stuck with the Apple store is I had Apple gift cards to burn. That’s also the reason I decided to but these in the first place.

Same thing with the digital/audio cable. Locally, all the Apple Stores have them. Online, you have to wait until mid April.

born2runak

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
Well the Apple gods have listened, I just checked the website and my local store has them in stock (blue color) . However , being in isolation, that’s a problem. But, for an extra 9 dollars, Apple will deliver them to me tomorrow.

I have to say, this will make the next 10 days a bit more enjoyable. And I should be able to give them a proper listen

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
Well the Apple gods have listened, I just checked the website and my local store has them in stock (blue color) . However , being in isolation, that’s a problem. But, for an extra 9 dollars, Apple will deliver them to me tomorrow.

I have to say, this will make the next 10 days a bit more enjoyable. And I should be able to give them a proper listen
Hey $9 is a bargain! You will love them and they will make being home much more pleasant. I’ve had two months of bliss listening to my silver APM.

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California

I am stunned to see the more difficult colors to acquire just showing up in stores now. The $9 is a bargain for how fast Apple will deliver something.

I enjoyed mine during quarantine.

Just try not to fall down the accessory rabbit hole during that time like I did. ?

Reactions: artfossil

born2runak

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
I am stunned to see the more difficult colors to acquire just showing up in stores now. The $9 is a bargain for how fast Apple will deliver something.

I enjoyed mine during quarantine.

Just try not to fall down the accessory rabbit hole during that time like I did. ?
I think I really lucked out grabbing the blue for next day delivery.

I had a good hour or two to give them a listen, and I’m pretty impressed. The sound is what I was expecting based on many reviews that I have checked out, but the clarity certainly surprised me. I think they will definitely fit my need for a “ one size fits all“ headphone, and will fit very comfortably between my pros and HomePods.

Whether they are worth what Apple is charging for them.....that is debatable. I don’t think I would have splurged without the 150 bucks in gift cards that I had. It made the price a bit easier to swallow. Prior to the Max, I was gonna get the Sony XM4 ( I hate the way they sound, absolutely hate). I figured if I was gonna dump that much money on something that I didn’t even like, I may as well pay the premium to go with Apple who has consistently surprised me with their audio products. I only got my homepods last year , on sale. They too, filled that one size fits all approach for me. Love the sound quality, they are fairly small and have worked well for smart home control ( still not happy that Apple discontinued them)

MaxGolden12

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2020
My order for a pair of engraved Sky Blue AirPods Max placed on March 15 has just flipped to preparing to ship! I expect it to be on its way by the middle of the week and will hopefully get them sometime next week.

Michael887

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Slightly off topic: How’s everyone finding battery life so far? I’m noticing mine drop by 1-2% per hour even when not in use or hasn’t been used in a while (overnight). As in my delivery OP, I’m already on 3C39. I also turned off the auto-connect feature (despite it being amazing). Lastly, I leave mine out of its case 24/7. To be fair I’ve only had it for a week so perhaps the battery isn’t yet fully “stretched out”. Thoughts?

LaloG

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2013
I just ordered mine yesterday after debating for so long. Apple had a delivery date of 1-2 weeks but I was able to reserve them for in store pickup today. I got the space grey. Reviews are looking awesome except for that terrible case of course.

Reactions: mcvaughan

MaxGolden12

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2020
Anyone who had their APMs ship out of China (Dongguan to be exact) via UPS, where did it go next? And how long did it take? My last scan was a departure scan out of Dongguan almost 40 hours ago and there’s been nothing since. Figured it might go to Hong Kong since it’s very close, but I don’t know if that’s the case with mine given the lack of updates. My original scheduled delivery date of 4/6 has also disappeared.

LaloG

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2013
I picked mine up today and tried them on in the store for the 1st time. They are amazing!!! The size is smaller than I thought they would be and the build quality feels so extremely well made.

tonie walker

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2020
worldwide
Looks like my APM has left Hong Kong! It just missed an arrival scan there, hence the uncertainty in my post above. Delivery has been pushed back a couple of days to 4/8.

@DiamondarBoss ?
counting the days....

I was expecting my order will have movement since i ordered it days after yours, glad i was right and it was shipped on saturday - label created, i expect it by tuesday though estimated is still Apr 19, dhl is quite fast normally 2-3 days ? if they pickup the package by monday

Reactions: MaxGolden12

Phil1975

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2017
Same thing with the digital/audio cable. Locally, all the Apple Stores have them. Online, you have to wait until mid April.
Funny you mention the audio cable I ordered one over the wkend, 8-10 week delivery time - June. I'm based in the UK.

Got a email earlier this afternoon and it's been shipped delivery for the 8th April.:eek:

klpribula93

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2021
Finally got my APM today!! The APM arrived around Noon (United States EST time). I got way too excited and tried them on with my cochlear implants. Holy crap! The headphones are amazing! The sound quality of the headphones with my implants on are fantastic. I was a little bit worried whether or not it would sound different to me compared to wearing my special headphones that plugs into my cochlear implants, but amazingly enough — they sound exactly the same! On the funny side, I actually had to turn the headphones down halfway. I usually have the volume on max because with my special headphones, I can't hear the music very well halfway and normally have it all the way up which is like the normal sound level for most people. But with the headphones on, it's the total opposite.

On my cochlear implant, I have a big battery and a small battery. The headphones isn't covering the big battery on my ear, but you can't really see it since it's behind my ear, but i can feel it sticking out of the ear cushion a little bit. The smaller battery works better if I were to wear the headphones. I normally don't wear the smaller cochlear implant battery because I felt that the smaller battery wouldn't get me through the day since my cochlear implant processor sucks the life out of the battery pretty quickly. I only have one small battery so I may consider purchasing a second small battery just for the headphones. But the ear cups itself is covering the entire ear with my implant on, which I'm relieved about!

The headphones are extremely comfortable. Even with my implants on. The ear cups are a little bit tight, but I'm used to that because as a kid I used to have to go to audiologist appointments a lot and get my hearing tested and their headphones were really tight on my head. So the APM 'tightness' didn't really feel a big difference to me when I wore the audiologist's headphones for hearing testing. Man I'm so excited about these headphones. The transparency mode messed me up. I wasn't sure if I was listening through my implants or through the headphones. The noise cancellation is amazing though! I wish I had noise cancellation with my special cord, but wow these headphones is going to make a major change for me by not having to take my implants off, plug them in and then get the dongle and plug the cord in, etc and make sure they're working.

The one thing I did notice was that when I added the APM on all of my devices (Macbook Pro, Apple Watch S6, and iPhone 12 Pro) the audio did begin stuttering and cutting in and out. I wasn't sure if the APM was having issues with bleutooth connectivity since more devices are being added on or not. If I had one or two devices connected to the APM, it works fine without stuttering music/audio. But more than at least 3 devices or so made the APM sutter. Then the APM couldn't connect to my iPhone after disconnecting it from my watch and I did a quick reset on my APM and connected it to my phone. So I think I'm just going to keep the APM on devices that I use the most for now, which is my Macbook Pro and my iPhone 12 pro. I did hear that there's a new firmware update for the APM, so I'll probably update the APM this afternoon while I'm working on things for work.

I literally ripped the box open and got the APM connected and played with the APM for about an hour and it has far exceeded my expectations and literally just made my mouth dropped as to how much amazing technology I missed out on with headphones due to my hearing loss and cochlear implants. I was just utterly speechless. When I spoke to Apple last week about the arrival of the APM, I told them that these will be my first pair of headphones I owned ever and Apple got really excited for me and they said that this was one of the reasons why they made the APM, was so that it can accomodate everybody and have people be able to enjoy airpods in general. The APM is ridiculously expensive BUT as a deaf person with cochlear implants, These headphones are pretty cheap to me considering that cochlear implants are about $7,000 PER EAR (that's with insurance too). So, These APM headphones are definitely worth the purchase for me!
After a few weeks with the APM, I'm actually really loving the APM. I use it often inside my apartment. I haven't travelled with the APM yet — but I'm hoping to take them out to my family's lake house and enjoying them. My parents thought the APM was a stupid purchase for me — especially since I wear cochlear implants and they have never really met a Deaf person with cochlear implants (besides me) that wears over the head headphones. I've seen other Deaf people wear over the head headphones with their cochlear implants on and I just thought "if it works for them then it could work for me too". So my mom tested me with the headphones on while we were facetiming each other to see if I could understand her fine and the APM has actually helped me with my hearing/speech therapy. I tend to listen to music as part as my hearing therapy to help my brain and my ears train for sounds and to help recognize sounds a little bit. better. With my speech therapy, I have a little bit of a hard time distinguishing words and how they are broken down a little bit because my implants doesn't pick that up very well and I just basically guess how they're pronounced and when I was in speech therapy, my therapist would cover her lips and have me train my ears as to what she was saying. When I was facetiming my mother with the APM on, she covered her ears and said the same basic words that my speech therapist would say such as "hotdog, football, baseball, ice cream" etc and I actually nailed them all because the APM has actually helped me break down those words and help me understand what she was saying and my mother was just so shocked and dumbfounded. So I'm actually really excited about the APM as to how it's helping me and how I'm using them for entertainment! :)

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
After a few weeks with the APM, I'm actually really loving the APM. I use it often inside my apartment. I haven't travelled with the APM yet — but I'm hoping to take them out to my family's lake house and enjoying them. My parents thought the APM was a stupid purchase for me — especially since I wear cochlear implants and they have never really met a Deaf person with cochlear implants (besides me) that wears over the head headphones. I've seen other Deaf people wear over the head headphones with their cochlear implants on and I just thought "if it works for them then it could work for me too". So my mom tested me with the headphones on while we were facetiming each other to see if I could understand her fine and the APM has actually helped me with my hearing/speech therapy. I tend to listen to music as part as my hearing therapy to help my brain and my ears train for sounds and to help recognize sounds a little bit. better. With my speech therapy, I have a little bit of a hard time distinguishing words and how they are broken down a little bit because my implants doesn't pick that up very well and I just basically guess how they're pronounced and when I was in speech therapy, my therapist would cover her lips and have me train my ears as to what she was saying. When I was facetiming my mother with the APM on, she covered her ears and said the same basic words that my speech therapist would say such as "hotdog, football, baseball, ice cream" etc and I actually nailed them all because the APM has actually helped me break down those words and help me understand what she was saying and my mother was just so shocked and dumbfounded. So I'm actually really excited about the APM as to how it's helping me and how I'm using them for entertainment! :)
Wow—thank you for sharing your experience with us. I love reading your posts as they show how powerfully technology can enrich our lives.

Reactions: klpribula93

klpribula93

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2021
Wow—thank you for sharing your experience with us. I love reading your posts as they show how powerfully technology can enrich our lives.
I'm glad! I like to post my experiences sometimes for other Deaf cochlear implant users who may be on here as I know personally that sometimes buying headphones without really being able to try them on in the store to see if it'll work with the cochlear implant is a risk. So I'm glad that the APM really worked out for me! I really wanted to try Airpods in general for the longest time but couldn't since Apple only made airpods that goes into the ear, and I obviously couldn't do that. So I'm just excited that Apple came out with over the head Airpods after hearing great things about the airpods they already made from my friends and family, and I was jealous that I couldn't get to experience what they were hearing from the airpods — from transparency mode to spatial awareness and noise cancellation. But now I can! :)

klpribula93

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2021

I'm glad! I like to post my experiences sometimes for other Deaf cochlear implant users who may be on here as I know personally that sometimes buying headphones without really being able to try them on in the store to see if it'll work with the cochlear implant is a risk. So I'm glad that the APM really worked out for me! I really wanted to try Airpods in general for the longest time but couldn't since Apple only made airpods that goes into the ear, and I obviously couldn't do that. So I'm just excited that Apple came out with over the head Airpods after hearing great things about the airpods they already made from my friends and family, and I was jealous that I couldn't get to experience what they were hearing from the airpods — from transparency mode to spatial awareness and noise cancellation. But now I can! :)
Another bonus that I'm excited to use with the APM is to be able to listen to music with my friends without them having to take one of their airpods out so I can put it up close to my cochlear implant's microphones and have them crank the volume up all the way so I can hear it. I'm excited to listen to music at the volume that's comfortable for my friends to hear while i wear my own airpods! :-D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.