Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

venom600

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Any suggestions for where I could go to swap colors? I have the Sky Blue, but would like the Space Grey. Thanks in advance!
You can return them to the store where you got them for a refund and buy the color you want, or sell them someplace like ebay and buy the color you want. Or maybe you can get lucky and find someone who wants blue and has SG Tat will trade.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Well I caved and just placed an order. I'll have them Sunday. I do hope they are worth the coin! I have a some Bowers & Wilkins PX7 headphones that I like. The sound is decent, but I'm hoping I'll find the sound on the Apple Max even better. Anyone out there experience both these headphones? I guess I can always return them if I don't find a clear advantage over the B&W headphones.

Reactions: artfossil

One2Grift

Cancelled
Jun 1, 2021
I also just caved. AirPods Pro 189 at Amazon (had a 10 Amazon credit already, used 7$ on my amex points) with tax 190 out the door. Be here Wednesday.
200 was the line I just wouldn’t spend right now. But it hit acceptable so I can live with this cost especially as I needed hands free phone capability and ANC sometimes.

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
I also just caved. AirPods Pro 189 at Amazon (had a 10 Amazon credit already, used 7$ on my amex points) with tax 190 out the door. Be here Wednesday.
200 was the line I just wouldn’t spend right now. But it hit acceptable so I can live with this cost especially as I needed hands free phone capability and ANC sometimes.
they were 159$ yesterday at costco. pricing mistake :D

One2Grift

Cancelled
Jun 1, 2021
they were 159$ yesterday at costco. pricing mistake :D

159 would’ve been sweet! I’d have jumped on it immediately if I’d have seen it. Unfortunately, Costco (like Walmart and Amazon) is 189 now too.
(I like a low price and wait and wait, but once I see a price I like and pull the trigger on the buy, I try not to play the ‘it’s cheaper somewhere else now’ pricing regret game ?).

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
159 would’ve been sweet! I’d have jumped on it immediately if I’d have seen it. Unfortunately, Costco (like Walmart and Amazon) is 189 now too.
(I like a low price and wait and wait, but once I see a price I like and pull the trigger on the buy, I try not to play the ‘it’s cheaper somewhere else now’ pricing regret game ?).

yup and I will prefer buying anything from costco over any other place!! I bought my AirPods Pro for 200$ I think from costco!

Reactions: One2Grift

One2Grift

Cancelled
Jun 1, 2021
yup and I will prefer buying anything from costco over any other place!! I bought my AirPods Pro for 200$ I think from costco!

My past experience with Costco is they are A++ on electronics. If at all possible I’d use Costco for every TV purchase refresh cycle. Their policy and support on TVs are best in class outstanding. (Off topic, their in store butcher/steaks was A+ outstanding too)
Unfortunately I now live too far away from any Costco so I let the membership lapse. Now I’m relegated to waiting for the right price from a place like Abe’s (up front taxless) and buy with Amex to get the 1 year extended warranty. That’s unless I hit an impatient moment ? — if a place like Amazon hits the right price threshold (but I don’t pay for Prime either).

Reactions: MuGeN PoWeR

schlupps

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2020
RheinMain - Germany
After some hesitation, i received my APM today.. amazon gave a pretty tempting quote i couldnt resist =) Being green.. well fitting, haptic joy, very sweet sound quality for my ears.. so far the only drawback is their sweatiness .. but the rest is happy customer =D

Reactions: jazz1 and artfossil

schlupps

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2020
RheinMain - Germany
After some days of usage, some calls, some music, a movie, i still enjoy the APM 🎧 very much. The 'happy customer' feeling still is there =)
i guess, the exact point, where both cans occasionally hit each other, when being put back into the sleeping bra, will suffer over time. But as the cans feel like being built quite massive, this will be only cosmetic wear and tear. i might try a casing, but as i generally don't like covers on such devices very much (as they will have an negative impact to its haptic), i will end accepting the wear and tear and try to be a little cautious.
Thank you dear macrumors community for convincing me to overcome my previous hesitation! 👍

dazcox5181

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2005
Essex, UK
Finally ordered the blue pair for delivery Monday from Sync in the uk - on sale for £449. Was my buy point given some old kit getting sold soon. Got AirPods Pro currently, hoping to hear some improvement but mainly looking forward to not having something in my ears all day while I work

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Got mine yesterday and very happy with them. Sound is certainly great. Not a massive fan of the case so may get something to put them in to help with protection in my bag

Attachments

• 032A08C4-047F-4203-A235-2F07D5FC9BAA.jpeg
    032A08C4-047F-4203-A235-2F07D5FC9BAA.jpeg
    649.7 KB · Views: 180
Reactions: johntw

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
I got mine from Best Buy a few weeks ago.... I love them but I can hear a slight popping noise sometimes when I'm listening to music or watching Youtube videos. I'm assuming that's not normal?

johntw

macrumors regular
May 29, 2016
I got mine from Best Buy a few weeks ago.... I love them but I can hear a slight popping noise sometimes when I'm listening to music or watching Youtube videos. I'm assuming that's not normal?
Are you experiencing this with one device or with multiple devices?

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Snagged a pair like new on eBay for £290. Not absolutely blown away but they are very good. Got the silver ones which I love the look of, just hope they hold up okay over time.

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
Snagged a pair like new on eBay for £290. Not absolutely blown away but they are very good. Got the silver ones which I love the look of, just hope they hold up okay over time.
amazing price, just remember to clean them often because some members here say they hold up well if u maintain them well (don't have APM in Silver to confirm but look through the threads)

dont be this guy:

Reactions: cambookpro

D1G1TALR0B0T

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Finally ordered the blue pair for delivery Monday from Sync in the uk - on sale for £449. Was my buy point given some old kit getting sold soon. Got AirPods Pro currently, hoping to hear some improvement but mainly looking forward to not having something in my ears all day while I work
I hadn’t heard of Sync until I read your post. The sale price was good, so I ordered a silver pair of Airpods Max from them a few days ago. They arrived today and are great.

FreedomPenguin

Suspended
Aug 18, 2021
Snagged mine off costco.com for $435. they gave me a 50 off 500 coupon, so I added a 15 dollars in filler items. Reason being costco has lifetime returns on headphones, so if they ever did die (doubtful) im not stuck with a 500 dollar set of headphones.

Reactions: artfossil

Golfer00ksu

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2008
Snagged mine off costco.com for $435. they gave me a 50 off 500 coupon, so I added a 15 dollars in filler items. Reason being costco has lifetime returns on headphones, so if they ever did die (doubtful) im not stuck with a 500 dollar set of headphones.
How did you get that coupon?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.