Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FreedomPenguin

Suspended
Aug 18, 2021
$475 total price through Woot. Very tempting.
Enjoying mine, but I dont like the fact they dont go to sleep for a long time. I ordered a little thing called a sleep dock, sucks its 35 bucks, but since I dont use the case and just keep them on my desk. theres zero reason why it should always be awake, I lose like 15-20% a day just sitting there in idle mode.

bought this, little steep for 3d printed, but whatever. if it works like the little video id recommend people get one to if you are like me and have no intention of using case to sleep them

stealthytolkien

macrumors member
May 3, 2021
Other than manually enabling transparency mode, there is no other way to achieve sidetone on Airpods Max, correct? I so wish they enabled at least automatic switching to the transparency mode when on a phone call. I can barely hear myself on calls on any other modes than transparency.

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
Great price and I bet you’ll love them. I know I do.

Be sure to explore the customization options via Accessibility<Audio/Visual<Headphone Accommodations
Thanks. Coming from PBP’s, should be a solid upgrade. Wish they could do lossless but don’t think any true wireless headphones can at this point (boo!).

Reactions: artfossil

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Snagged an open-box APM for $425 at BBY. Too good to pass up.
Actually did that myself. However, they screwed up and gave me a brand new pair instead. I ordered for a pick up... didn't pick it up the day it was ordered instead early morning the next day. Tried doing a curbside pickup... waiting 10 to 20 mins, decided to go in.

As soon as I came in for the pick up... they were having issues scanning out my APM, I seen they had it brand new... I was puzzled. I did not say a word until they looked into my order and realized these are supposed to be open box. But they decided to just give it to me anyways! Paid 430 brand new!

kltklt

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2018
Just saw the AirPods Max blue and space grey versions on Amazon for $429.98 new. Lowest I've ever seen them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 3.24.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 3.24.34 PM.png
    185 KB · Views: 149

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Just saw the AirPods Max blue and space grey versions on Amazon for $429.98 new. Lowest I've ever seen them.
I wouldn't mind taking mind back and grabbing the Space Gray version, but I lucked out and got them brand new when it was open box. Wouldn't feel right to do so.

Reactions: artfossil

magicschoolbus

macrumors 68020
May 27, 2014
Just picked up sky blue for 395 on Amazon. Very excited for them to come. Didn’t really need them but hey I work hard for my money and it was a great deal. Can’t wait to sit back and enjoy some new war on drugs .

Reactions: nikkisharif

m-e

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2015
Hi,

Just got mine today, the space grey version, for 445 euros on Amazon Germany, brand new. It’s their « normal » price on the German Amazon. For comparison, they are at 550 euros on the French Amazon (I am in France) and of course at 629 euros from Apple here in France.
So I got them for 29% down from the official price o_O:cool:

But this made me wonder, what Apple will be doing for those headphones in the futur. I did burn myself with the Zik Parrot 3, since I can’t find any parts anymore for mine (the pads are crumblimg… such a waste..) I hope Apple won’t let us down !

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
But this made me wonder, what Apple will be doing for those headphones in the futur. I did burn myself with the Zik Parrot 3, since I can’t find any parts anymore for mine (the pads are crumblimg… such a waste..) I hope Apple won’t let us down !
I had the Parrot Zik 2s, they were nice. I liked the fact they had replaceable batteries... that way I could pop them out if one was low. I had an external charger adapter to charge batteries. Only issue was pads as you acknowledged, but definitely enjoyed those.

I plan on buying some 3rd party pads to use every now and then to extend the use of the original ones.

Caruana

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2021
Hi,

Just got mine today, the space grey version, for 445 euros on Amazon Germany, brand new. It’s their « normal » price on the German Amazon. For comparison, they are at 550 euros on the French Amazon (I am in France) and of course at 629 euros from Apple here in France.
So I got them for 29% down from the official price o_O:cool:

how long did they take to arrive? ordered mine from amazon.de (to the netherlands) yesterday.

m-e

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2015
how long did they take to arrive? ordered mine from amazon.de (to the netherlands) yesterday.
I had a next day delivery, just as stated on Amazon when I made my order 👍 Which was pretty impressive to be honest. But I live near Paris, so I guess this helps.

2009 mac user

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2022
I cant wait for used ones to depreciate to around the cost of a new pair of Sony XM5s for Bose QCs. The AirPods Max will be a killer value at that price point, minus the stupid "case".

SUPERBIF

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2018
Hi I've been enjoying my Airpods Max, but have a question.
I'm using the firmware that came with them originally. I've heard that if I upgrade to a newer firmware the audio would not be so immersive.
Is there any truth to that, or should I upgrade firmware?

MarkWood93

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2022
  • Haha
Reactions: Eldaerenth Faexidor

februarian

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2014
Got these a little while ago, looking at the prices y’all got yours I can’t help but feel burned! Got these at $700! To be frank, sound quality is not THAT phenomenal as what I was expecting!
8ad239bacc9be1142fd3ffdb7a43123e.jpg

Reactions: sydneysider88
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.