Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ice29

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2016
Switzerland
Just received APM ordered from a local Swiss online shop (500 chf instead of 600 chf at Apple), it just took them almost 2 months :) (I guess apple simply did not supply 3rd party shops at all, since the delivery times at Apple directly were very short here)

BTW has anyone tried an "alternative" ? :)

slightly-inspired-clone

JuicelessMango

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2018
Just picked up a pair of space grey APM's from my local Apple store. They finally got a shipment and had other colors then pink. first impressions are im really impressed with them. The noise cancellation works really well! I also don't find them that heavy like some people do.

Reactions: artfossil

MK11

Suspended
Apr 29, 2021
What’s the resell price on these? Got them from a 3rd party and can’t return them

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
Just a quick question… does anybody use these wired for conference calls? I know the Bluetooth experience can be a bit janky with Macs sometimes so was wondering if this helps reduce issues?

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2020
Oops
CA8C9531-8D88-4A66-AFC1-426F27CEFD18.jpeg
CA8C9531-8D88-4A66-AFC1-426F27CEFD18.jpeg

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
I got to borrow a pair of these last weekend and loved them. They were one of the most comfortable over-ear headphones I've ever used and sounded great with music, not to mention the noise cancelling was great.

I'm spending so much time on conference calls just now that I want a nice pair of headphones I can just wear for most of the day and switch between calls, podcasts, music etc rather than faffing about with headphones on, switching source, some music on the HomePod etc.

I've ordered a blue pair for delivery today from Amazon as I couldn't get to the local Apple store. Just wondering whether or not to pony up the cash for the cable.

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2020
I
I got to borrow a pair of these last weekend and loved them. They were one of the most comfortable over-ear headphones I've ever used and sounded great with music, not to mention the noise cancelling was great.

I'm spending so much time on conference calls just now that I want a nice pair of headphones I can just wear for most of the day and switch between calls, podcasts, music etc rather than faffing about with headphones on, switching source, some music on the HomePod etc.

I've ordered a blue pair for delivery today from Amazon as I couldn't get to the local Apple store. Just wondering whether or not to pony up the cash for the cable.
I bought the cable, haven’t used it once. Would rather suggest to get a spare set of earcups.

Reactions: ascender

LiE_

macrumors 68000
Mar 23, 2013
UK
I just bought a some that were sealed from a forum and this is what they look like out of the box. What the hell? What is that sticker? Are these refurbs? Everything was completely spotless except this ear cup.

IMG_0158.jpeg

Orangeman13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2015
How can these not have a power off button?!?! That’s almost a deal breaker for me. Thinking of getting the B&O HX instead…..

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I just bought a some that were sealed from a forum and this is what they look like out of the box. What the hell? What is that sticker? Are these refurbs? Everything was completely spotless except this ear cup.
Just got mine yesterday (Blue too) but there is no sticker. Did the white box come sealed in the cardboard box (pics below) that you have to use the pull tab to open? If not that makes them suspect.

IMG_8466.jpeg

IMG_8467.jpeg

LiE_

macrumors 68000
Mar 23, 2013
UK

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
They are damaged!

Yep they were sealed in the shrink wrap.
Not talking about shrink wrap around the white box. Almost anyone can do that. Was the white shrink wrapped box sealed inside the cardboard box and you had to pull the tab on the cardboard box to remove the tape?

This is how they come from the factory inside the brown cardboard box.

DMG35

Contributor
May 27, 2021
How can these not have a power off button?!?! That’s almost a deal breaker for me. Thinking of getting the B&O HX instead…..

I would recommend the B&O H95's if you don't mind spending a little bit more on them. They are fantastic and the only cans I'd say that are superior to the AirPods Max in my opinion.

LiE_

macrumors 68000
Mar 23, 2013
UK
Not talking about shrink wrap around the white box. Almost anyone can do that. Was the white shrink wrapped box sealed inside the cardboard box and you had to pull the tab on the cardboard box to remove the tape?

This is how they come from the factory inside the brown cardboard box.
It had the classic apple white paper pull tab to open the plastic wrapping yes.

I don't suspect the buyer, he is geniune and bought them new from a reputable UK retailer. Just shocked how they can come out the box in this condition. The only course of action is for me to return to the seller and for him to take it up with the retailer.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
It had the classic apple white paper pull tab to open the plastic wrapping yes.
Are you looking at my pictures? This is NOT plastic or white. It is brown paper tape and brown cardboard box that the white box comes inside of. Here is a closeup.

IMG_8469 (1).jpeg
IMG_8470 (1).jpeg

LiE_

macrumors 68000
Mar 23, 2013
UK
Oh right, yea postage box was opened by the seller to take a picture of the sealed box inside, the serial numbers all match. Not sure how that matters when the headphones inside are completely sealed.

mdurech

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2015
Oh right, yea postage box was opened by the seller to take a picture of the sealed box inside, the serial numbers all match. Not sure how that matters when the headphones inside are completely sealed.
He could of resealed them, I work in retail and over the years I have seen people but dummies in boxes with the boxes looking unopened to return them for there money back while keeping the real product. We actually now have to crack the seal to make sure the actually product matches the serial on the receipt and box if someone is returning a unopened product.

LiE_

macrumors 68000
Mar 23, 2013
UK
He could of resealed them, I work in retail and over the years I have seen people but dummies in boxes with the boxes looking unopened to return them for there money back while keeping the real product. We actually now have to crack the seal to make sure the actually product matches the serial on the receipt and box if someone is returning a unopened product.

The seller is genuine so not sure what has happened, maybe they were returned to the place he bought them from and he got unlucky. Anyway he's happy to pay return postage and provide me a full refund.

MaxGolden12

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2020
They are damaged!

View attachment 1790773

Yep they were sealed in the shrink wrap.

Mine had some similar looking scratches on one of the earcups as well out of the box, but I was able to completely wipe them off with a wet cloth and now they look pristine. You could try doing the same to see if you're able to get rid of them.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
I know I’m late to the game but just got my space gray APM’s yesterday for Father’s Day! Unfortunately my wife won’t let me open them until Sunday so I’m stuck staring at the box until she wraps it :(

Now the search for a case…

thomasec

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
Any suggestions for where I could go to swap colors? I have the Sky Blue, but would like the Space Grey. Thanks in advance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.