Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
sound quailty is suppose to be slightly better than earbuds which is fine for me as the sound is just fine on the earbuds. Beats solo3 will be for when i need more sound at home

I'm loving the idea of the complete wireless and the fact that they can be used with other devices like the iPad and Mac.

Reactions: mmomega

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Yeah it's why I've gone for airpods and beats. I use my iphone, ipad and macbook alot and are all by my side most of the day so this is a huge selling point for me.

Yea me to, I hope they will work with my 2012 iMac as well, they will also be great to use watching Netflix on my iPad Pro. I really think they could be a great accessory! Will find out tomorrow :)

Reactions: The Game 161

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I'm loving the idea of the complete wireless and the fact that they can be used with other devices like the iPad and Mac.
Yes that's one of the biggest draws for me. Easy pairing with all my Apple devices. Charging in the case. Pausing when removing one AirPod.

Reactions: Dave245

GizmoDVD

macrumors 68030
Oct 11, 2008
SoCal
Yea me to, I hope they will work with my 2012 iMac as well, they will also be great to use watching Netflix on my iPad Pro. I really think they could be a great accessory! Will find out tomorrow :)

They will work as they are just Bluetooth headphones.

Reactions: Dave245

twinlight

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2016
People will lose them like all other things. I just wished Apple had thrown in activation lock like the phones and watch have.

If you somehow can drop them at the gym without noticing it you may be deaf on one ear. ;)

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
People will lose them like all other things. I just wished Apple had thrown in activation lock like the phones and watch have.

If you somehow can drop them at the gym without noticing it you may be deaf on one ear. ;)

Why only one ear? the music would stop completely if it fell out so you would notice if it wasn't in your ear

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
sound quailty is suppose to be slightly better than earbuds which is fine for me as the sound is just fine on the earbuds. Beats solo3 will be for when i need more sound at home
Agreed on both points except I have the Solo3's for traveling, a lot of time on airplanes and the Solos do a decent job of blocking noise.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Really? That's the best comparison you could come up with....a ring?

Because we all know that the Airpods will be just as secure hanging from your ears as wearing a ring that fits tightly around your finger and in most cases would only come off if you take it off yourself.

I'm getting dumber by the day reading some of these posts. Jesus.

I can see the i****p coming to get you:D

sunking101

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
My current headphones and earphones are feeling outdated even though they function well.

The transition to Airpods will be a welcomed relief in terms of a more elegant, integrated audio experience.

Like the iPhone, I can see having multiple Airpods for my family.

That's the bottom line here isn't it.....Airbuds are on-trend. Your current earbuds are feeling outdated even though they function well? They actually function better than Airbuds in that they sound superior, you don't have more batteries to charge, and they cost significantly less.

What exactly are the advantages of wireless earbuds? Name me one legitimate user benefit, other than something lame like 'no wires to tangle.' I'd take untangling a wire once in a blue moon over daily recharging but hey that's just me.

rockyromero

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2015
What exactly are the advantages of wireless earbuds? Name me one legitimate user benefit, other than something lame like 'no wires to tangle.' I'd take untangling a wire once in a blue moon over daily recharging but hey that's just me.
Yes, that's exactly it.

No wires.

Remember the movie scene in "my Greek wedding" where the woman wearing a wired headset, stands up, and gets yanked down to the floor immediately?

Ok, you'd have to see it.

Well, that's me getting yanked down, in the middle of a business call.

Humor doesn't play well in business, in that situation.

Last edited:

Cigsm

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2010
The price?
Why don't you link to one - just one - pair of completely wireless phones with these specs that comes in cheaper. Just one.

I'm sure there are some people out there who need portable wireless earphones. However for the vast majority of us the battery life, sound quality, ease of loss and let's face it the price make these airbuds a pointless turkey.

NewtonPippin

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2015
Received my pair today in Melbourne. Anyone notice theirs having a strong yellow tint like mine? Thinking of returning it.

MathersMahmood

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2016
England
raw

To all the people who are going to say how crap the airpods are. Good for you. You don't have to buy them. That is the beauty about being a consumer.
[doublepost=1482134208][/doublepost]
Hey Guys,

I did a little write up on my first hands on impressions of the AirPods, check it out here:
https://growthis.blog/2016/12/19/apple-airpods/

Let me know what you think!

Excellent stuff man! Great pics!

Reactions: skwood

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Newbie with 5 posts, all with the same self promoting link! Trying hard to get noticed.

So you disparage against him with Snark comments about him being a newbie or trying to "Promote" himself. You likely didn't even click on the link and it's actually a really good review. Your ignorance and condescending tone are becoming of you and un-necessary. The only one trying to get noticed on here negatively, is you.

Last edited:

infinitejest

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2016
Orange County, CA
I can't believe no one is mentioning the poor noise cancellation of the EarPods (and probably AirPods as well). Hence, they are not designed for every occasion. I like using my EarPods while running, but has anyone tried listening to music with EarPods while using public transportation or basically in any kind of enviornment where there is one person around you talking?
This is the main reason why they are not worth $159 to me. If I pay $159 for a pair of headphones, I want to use them at any time of the day, for anything I do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.