Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I am actually going to return my Airpods today and try the PB3. I am one of those unfortunate enough not to have a very secure fit - I wouldn't be able to trust the Airpods during gym work outs or even running :(.
sorry to hear that

you will love the powerbeats i'm sure.

twinlight

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2016
These are great. Tried them out for an hour at work. Sits nice in my ear and sound quality is good. Tomorrow it's time for the gym and some running.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
...That's not even an article, that's a few poorly thought out sentences thrown together.

This thread, meh.
I'm shocked to say this but you're right.
[doublepost=1482300264][/doublepost]
Poorly thought out article? It appears to be factually based. £75 to replace the battery in each airpod? These things are disposable then.
I read the article and it was definitely poorly thought out. It seemed like a rush job tbqh...

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
You aren't holding these airbuds, they aren't strapped to your body and they aren't physically connected to your phone. They are hanging in the outer portion of the ear canal and due to their undeniably weak attachment to the body people are going to lose these things whilst running for a tube or when someone brushes past them (or purposefully steals them from your ear). Apple should factor affordable single replacements into their marketing spiel because the design shouts that people are going to lose airbuds.

The only time I've ever had an earpod come out of my ear unintentionally is when it gets yanked by the cord.

No cord, far less likely to have it come out of your ear accidentally.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.