Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
Finally received the foam tips I ordered off Ebay a couple of weeks ago. Here is the link to my exact purchase: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Memory-Foam-Replacement-Ear-Tips-Buds-For-Apple-Airpods-Pro-Airpods-3-Headphones/274140499698?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=574261147090&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

And...

Well I am surprised to report, they are nice. The main requirement for me was an ear wax guard. I want to keep my pods speaker grill clean. And they do have a membrane protecting the speaker. They appear to be just the plastic tip covered with a thin foam covering. I ordered the six pack. All six are the same size. I think they are similar to the medium tips. In the photo below, I placed a small Apple tip in there for comparison. If you have ever used Comply foam tips, these are not the same foam material. With the Comply foam, if you squeeze it, it compresses and then slowly expands. This is not that type of foam. These have a thin layer of foam. I'm trying to think of something to compare it to, but can’t think of what. It doesn't stay compressed when squeezed. They feel comfortable in my ears and the sound seems exactly the same as the standard tips. They connect and snap on the pods fine and seem to stay connected. They also fit perfectly in the case. I only just received them so my opinion may change, but for now I have to say I am happy with them. Thumbs up from me. Kind of strange, they came in this box.

View attachment 889019
View attachment 889020 View attachment 889021

edit: thinking about it, they’re not memory foam just foam. i like them just the same. hope comply eventually makes some.

I got these ones right now. Not sure how anyone can like them. They essentially don't seal. AT ALL. they look like a thin film of porous foam glued onto the stem of "hoodless" Apple's silicon tips.

Also they break when you remove them.

I would advise everyone to stop buying these tips (and similar ones) until Comply comes out with their own version.

Reactions: zippster

Elektrofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
Finally got my Symbio W ear tips in medium and put them on the Medium apple tips, but not getting a good seal on my right ear, anyone combine the different size tips to better effect?

KennyB123

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2016
Finally received the foam tips I ordered off Ebay a couple of weeks ago. Here is the link to my exact purchase: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Memory-Foam-Replacement-Ear-Tips-Buds-For-Apple-Airpods-Pro-Airpods-3-Headphones/274140499698?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=574261147090&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

And...

Well I am surprised to report, they are nice. The main requirement for me was an ear wax guard. I want to keep my pods speaker grill clean. And they do have a membrane protecting the speaker. They appear to be just the plastic tip covered with a thin foam covering. I ordered the six pack. All six are the same size. I think they are similar to the medium tips. In the photo below, I placed a small Apple tip in there for comparison. If you have ever used Comply foam tips, these are not the same foam material. With the Comply foam, if you squeeze it, it compresses and then slowly expands. This is not that type of foam. These have a thin layer of foam. I'm trying to think of something to compare it to, but can’t think of what. It doesn't stay compressed when squeezed. They feel comfortable in my ears and the sound seems exactly the same as the standard tips. They connect and snap on the pods fine and seem to stay connected. They also fit perfectly in the case. I only just received them so my opinion may change, but for now I have to say I am happy with them. Thumbs up from me. Kind of strange, they came in this box.

View attachment 889019
View attachment 889020 View attachment 889021

edit: thinking about it, they’re not memory foam just foam. i like them just the same. hope comply eventually makes some.

I bought these from the same eBay ad, but the ones I received are white and not foam. If you scroll way down in this eBay ad, you will see white ones pictured. This is what I received. They feel similar to the Apple tips, but slightly different texture.

Anyway, I wore them to the gym today for the first time. I'm happy to say they did a much better job of sound isolation than the Apple tips. Also, they did not slip out. I'll see how well they hold up over time.

xtrem

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2009
I use Symbio M with Apple Large. Works for me.
Large + Large was to big even though Apple L works great alone.

GigabitEthernet

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2013
United Kingdom
Whats different about these vs. the ones that come with Airpods Pro?

Supposedly they're thicker and don't have the same issue with the oils in your ears making them slippery. I have yet to test these claims.

I've also got the foam tips from eBay (UK) and will test those too - although they don't have a grille as the originals (or the tips I talked about above) so I am nervous about them damaging the speaker port.

Elektrofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
Supposedly they're thicker and don't have the same issue with the oils in your ears making them slippery. I have yet to test these claims.

I've also got the foam tips from eBay (UK) and will test those too - although they don't have a grille as the originals (or the tips I talked about above) so I am nervous about them damaging the speaker port.

mid be curious what you think. My symbio mod is working well but it’d be nice to have an all in one solution.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England

Would appreciate it if you could provide us an update on how well those perform

Reactions: Surf Monkey

Silentalero

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2020
Ok so to start, I ordered the eBay foam tips. 100% GARBAGE! Don’t pay more than $5 for the, the “memory foam” is not memory, they don’t seal and don’t fit your ear. However they do have detachable bases to basically mount your own tips (the only good part of it).

So I had some old comply tips for different headphones and glued them to the bases. While I need to do some trimming, the seal, feel and sound is amazing! Comply def needs to make a pair but in the meantime these are a great alternative

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
Well, I emailed Comply asking if they were working on tips for the APP and surprisingly they confirmed that they are. I'm not surprised they are, just that they confirmed so. They gave no indication of how soon.

Thanks! I’ve officially stopped looking for cheap low-quality foam tips on eBay or Amazon and will now wait for Comply. I’ve been pleased with their products in the past.

GigabitEthernet

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2013
United Kingdom
So, for my thoughts on:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B083153L3J

They definitely stay in my ears better than the stock tips. I think for normal use I'd be happy with them, unfortunately during my run they stayed in but I could feel them loosening and by the end the bass had gone.

However, I also had received these before:

These fit me fantastically, I might even go for the bigger size as I think they'll fit even better.

Unfortunately, they don't have a mesh to cover the grille, which scared me.

So I cut out the mesh from the silicone replacement tips from Amazon (above) and stuck them into the foam ones. It's a self-adhesive sticker so with a bit of careful working with a Stanley knife, you can stick them into the foam tips.

Now I have the best of both worlds!

I think for most people, the replacement silicone tips will be a good enough improvement over the stock tips and I would recommend them. But for running, etc. I'd recommend the foam tips. I hope Comply make some soon as these eBay ones are excellent.

GigabitEthernet

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2013
United Kingdom
What Comply will hopefully be coming out with soon!

IMG_0149.jpeg

These are the adaptor from the eBay foam pods (which just pops out), connected to the Comply foam tips from the BeatsX. They fit securely together and work absolutely fantastically (the Comply tips even have a wax guard built in). Unfortunately the AirPods no longer fit in the case.

If Comply can integrate the adaptor straight into the foam tips I think they'll be onto a winner.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal

View attachment 890711

These are the adaptor from the eBay foam pods (which just pops out), connected to the Comply foam tips from the BeatsX. They fit securely together and work absolutely fantastically (the Comply tips even have a wax guard built in). Unfortunately the AirPods no longer fit in the case.

If Comply can integrate the adaptor straight into the foam tips I think they'll be onto a winner.
Can you post a link to the adapters. Thanks!

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
I'm cautiously hopeful. I have T400 tips that lasted a long time. But their TW tips were junk and fell apart after about a month of usage. The reviews were so bad I think they even killed off that product and rolled out a replacement with a slightly different name. But knowing me, if they roll out tips for the APP and the lid closes properly, I'll buy 'em.

View attachment 890711

John dosh

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2019
Was going to pick a pair of these up and see weather I will get a better fit. Shame that they are out of stock. Any more suggestions I could try out? As the stock ones are not so secure.
[automerge]1580229930[/automerge]
Debating weather to buy these and give them a go.

bwinter88

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2012
Spoke with an Apple engineer recently and he pointed out that the stock Apple tips have “micro exhaust ports” that allow airflow, and that the Airpods are specially tuned to take account of this. So if you’re buying 3rd-party tips, especially these questionable 3D printed ones on eBay, you may be changing the intended frequency response.

Reactions: Kovacs

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Reactions: Surf Monkey
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.