Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
I have a 6 Plus and this 8.4.1 update made it almost unusable :( Apple Music it's *****, the Radio page most of the time won't load (I have to reboot) and if I skip songs on my playlists they just won't play and I have to restart the app, so basically I can't skip songs... Safari gets randomly stuck and I have to restart it. IBooks gets stuck on a blank page and I have to restart the phone to make it work. The battery drains MUCH more quicker than before. It's a horrible mess! What can I do? I can't be bothered reinstalling iOS from scratch, would take to long :(
Everything was perfect with the 8.4! F*****g Apple... The reason why I'm using an iPhone and not an Android is to avoid all this ****** problems! :(
They are doing this so when iOS 9 is released it will look and feel golden

existe

macrumors member
May 11, 2009
I have a 6 Plus and this 8.4.1 update made it almost unusable :( Apple Music it's *****, the Radio page most of the time won't load (I have to reboot) and if I skip songs on my playlists they just won't play and I have to restart the app, so basically I can't skip songs... Safari gets randomly stuck and I have to restart it. IBooks gets stuck on a blank page and I have to restart the phone to make it work. The battery drains MUCH more quicker than before. It's a horrible mess! What can I do? I can't be bothered reinstalling iOS from scratch, would take to long :(
Everything was perfect with the 8.4! F*****g Apple... The reason why I'm using an iPhone and not an Android is to avoid all this ****** problems! :(

Exact same issue here, having to do another restore this morning in hopes it fixes it (which it wont) about to go trade it in for a *shudder* Android

AuPhalanx

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2004
Wilkes-Barre, PA
Exact same issue here, having to do another restore this morning in hopes it fixes it (which it wont) about to go trade it in for a *shudder* Android

Hey, now ... Let's not be getting into such kooky talk! I posted this on another thread about this issue and it seems like this is the fix. Another poster here on MR did it, my gal did it, and I did it and so far all is well and back to normal.

Sign-out of your iTunes ID on ALL of your machines and devices, both computers and iPhones and iPads. Reboot. (I do not know if this step is necessary, but it's not something that will hurt.) Sign back into your iTunes ID.

Of course, your iTunes will have to reset and re-download playlists and whatnot. It's been about 18-hours here and both my iPad and my gal's iPhone are back to normal.

I hope this helps. Be well! And ALWAYS AVOID the RESTORE! For some reason it gets recommended whenever someone has a problem and it almost never helps. It's just a PITA.

A.

Last edited:
Reactions: jr866gooner

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
I am really hating on this release. Frequently I can't even go into Settings without rebooting. iBooks gives me a white screen until I reboot. Having all the same music issues as everyone else, too.

RiderX

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2012
I've got another query... this has been happening before 8.4.1, but just wanted to check if anyone else is experiencing it.

Relatively often my mail app doesn't properly refresh. It tries and tries but nothing happens. Only force quitting the mail app fixes it. Anyone else experienced this?

Yes, it's one of the bugs in 8 they never fix.

Reactions: farleysmaster

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ

Yup, all the same issues here.

This is why I usually don't update unless there's a worthwhile new feature.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Glad I didn't upgrade my phone from reading these comments.

Couldn't though I need jailbreak.

8.4 6+

Going to be incredibly skeptical of 9.0

EdgardasB

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2014
Lithuania
One issue noticed. I have added some websites to Safari reading list and so days later, some of the website dissapeared and appeared unknown o_O

tsayre

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2015
This is precisely what has gone wrong with both my iPhone 5S and iPad3. I'll add that links to webpages in emails will not load. I have to copy them and then paste into Safari.

geta

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2010
The Moon
Today is the last chance to install iOS 8.4.1 .

How is it working with iPhone 4S ? no difference, slower or faster ?

Correctly in using iOS 8.2 with my 4S (not jailbroken) and i dont have any problem what so ever. Should i upgrade now, or stay with my correct iOS (8.2) im having and wait for iOS9 reviews?

e93to

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2015
Toronto
I want to do a DFU restore for my 5S, and keep iOS 8.4.1 (probably in a couple of weeks). Will the iTunes allow me to keep 8.4.1, or will I have to update to iOS 9?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.