Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
here’s my short review of the amazon keyboard case for the mini. the short and sweet is i like it and am happy i purchased it.

Negatives:
  • adds a lot of weight and bulk to a small device (im attaching a photo of it next to my Zugu case which is also thick)
  • it doesn’t have a holder for the pencil. it’s just an open space so when closing/opening the case i knock it off
  • it is not a great typing experience. the letter keys are really small. the more i use it the better i get at it.
Positives:
  • the hinge is solid and tight. i can position the screen any way i want.
  • works well using it on my lap on the couch by twisting the screen and having the keyboard behind.
  • the trackpad works well. it does fine with 2 finger scrolling. i have a iklever keyboard/trackpad and it doesn’t do well with scrolling.
  • the power button is completely open so it makes it easy for touch id
  • there are little rubber nubs on keyboard so the keys don’t touch the screen when closed
  • it looks and feels premium
  • auto sleeps/wakes
  • charges via usb c
in the end i really like being able to position the screen however i want and having the keyboard when i want it. i am not a big typist. if you have any specific questions let me know.
IMG_0250.jpeg
IMG_20220206_215427_Original.jpeg
IMG_20220206_215442_Original.jpeg
IMG_20220206_215611_Original.jpeg

_Spinn_

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2020
Wisconsin
here’s my short review of the amazon keyboard case for the mini. the short and sweet is i like it and am happy i purchased it.

Negatives:
  • adds a lot of weight and bulk to a small device (im attaching a photo of it next to my Zugu case which is also thick)
  • it doesn’t have a holder for the pencil. it’s just an open space so when closing/opening the case i knock it off
  • it is not a great typing experience. the letter keys are really small. the more i use it the better i get at it.
Positives:
  • the hinge is solid and tight. i can position the screen any way i want.
  • works well using it on my lap on the couch by twisting the screen and having the keyboard behind.
  • the trackpad works well. it does fine with 2 finger scrolling. i have a iklever keyboard/trackpad and it doesn’t do well with scrolling.
  • the power button is completely open so it makes it easy for touch id
  • there are little rubber nubs on keyboard so the keys don’t touch the screen when closed
  • it looks and feels premium
  • auto sleeps/wakes
  • charges via usb c
in the end i really like being able to position the screen however i want and having the keyboard when i want it. i am not a big typist. if you have any specific questions let me know.
View attachment 1955782 View attachment 1955783 View attachment 1955784 View attachment 1955785
Sounds like a great case. Thanks for your review! I'd like to get this combo to replace my One Mix Yoga 2S.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I hope that whoever does one next considers doing away with the cutout for the charging port so we can use our hubs/card readers without having to take the case off.

I've used a USB-C 90-degree adapter at times to get around that problem (and the problem of dangling hubs).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.