Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nikster0029

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
I’m actually thinking of going from the 15 pro max natural to blue 15 pro…. I think you got the better choice

JamesMcFlyJR

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2016
As a no case guy, color makes a difference for me

So when I got gold for my 13 Pro Max, I was happy for a while till I saw Sierra Blue in person. Wow what a color. Instantly had regrets getting gold (preordered so no way to see in person)

What did I do? I just waited till I was ready to upgrade to a new phone (my 15 Pro Max) and got the color I liked the best for the 15PM (which turned out to be Natural Titanium)

Sure I got jealous everytime I saw Sierra Blue out in the wild (and still do), but no way was it worth the time, effort, and money to switch out for a different color. I’d recommend you keep the one you have.

Reactions: nikster0029

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
Do what makes you happy OP. I’m considering going from my 15 to a 15 Pro. Financially it’s not the best of decisions but if it makes us happy then we shouldn’t be second guessing ourselves.

Reactions: nikster0029

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
As a no case guy, color makes a difference for me

So when I got gold for my 13 Pro Max, I was happy for a while till I saw Sierra Blue in person. Wow what a color. Instantly had regrets getting gold (preordered so no way to see in person)

What did I do? I just waited till I was ready to upgrade to a new phone (my 15 Pro Max) and got the color I liked the best for the 15PM (which turned out to be Natural Titanium)

Sure I got jealous everytime I saw Sierra Blue out in the wild (and still do), but no way was it worth the time, effort, and money to switch out for a different color. I’d recommend you keep the one you have.
Sierra Blue is a beauty..

Magnusson

macrumors member
May 22, 2016
“I see it all perfectly; there are two possible situations — one can either do this or that. My honest opinion and my friendly advice is this: do it or do not do it — you will regret both.” - this qoute by Kierkegaard came to mind.

MasterNivek

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2018
MasterNivek
I liked both and couldn’t decide between the pro and pro max so I bought both. A natural 15 pro and a blue 15 pro max
I was thinking of that too lol Color wasn't an issue for me but decided between the Pro and Pro max was like it is every year. Went with the pro but loosely thought about getting a max too since I haven't had a big phone since the 7 plus days.

MasterNivek

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2018
MasterNivek
I picked up the Blue Titanium on release day and don't regret it one bit. I also like the natural titanium but blue is my favorite color and missed out on the Pacific Blue on the 12 Pro since it wasn't an upgrade year for me. I was thinking Titanium since I do fancy Titanium in general but I also waited so long for a Blue too. The fact it was Titanium Blue was a win-win. Usually I go for Grey or Black and waited forever for a nice blue color. There have a been a couple of times I didn't get the color I wanted (X Silver and 13 Pro Sierra Blue instead of Black and Space grey) but I ended up liking them and since I only keep phones for 2 years now instead of one, 2 years can still go quick. Or I could have upgraded a year later if it bothered me that bad. Usually I get the colors I want but the X was more of I want I now vs. waiting and the SB was the only one in stock if I recall at the time. In the end, the Silver and SB grew on me and it was nice to do something different after always doing Grey/Black throughout the years.

I say do what's happy for you or just wait since you upgrade every year.

MasterNivek

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2018
MasterNivek
I’m a generation behind, I guess, but I wanted the purple 14 pro. The black was about 100 Euros cheaper, so I got that and some cases.
I still like the purple better, but that would have been hidden inside a case as well, so there’s no real difference ultimately.
That's how I felt when the X came out. I wanted black but X was so hard to come by and when it did, it was silver. I thought, it will sit in a case anyways even though I like to rock it naked sometimes. Plus the black leather case on it gave it a classy look, so it grew on me and was nice to do something different after always doing grey/black phones. Finally got the phone color I've been waiting for, Titanium Blue :)

MasterNivek

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2018
MasterNivek
No no. Just transfer the eSIM from phone to phone when you wanna swap devices.
oh is it that easy!? I have limited experience when transferring eSIM. How easy is it or can be and time involved? In my limited experience it went from a QR code to calling into the carrier activating the imei number. This is with my prepaid tmobile esim. (I run dual sim on one phone) Haven't done it with my Verizon post pay but I think you can even do it online with postpay? I feel like postpay may be easier. Do you swap frequently or just every so often? Any gotchas with it in terms of apps or message history, etc. I have an iPhone so probably would have to sign into both devices with iCloud and connect via WiFI to keep that stuff in sync. I am kinda liking your idea and even recently loosely thought of that. :p

Every upgrade, I debate between Pro and Pro Max but usually end up getting the Pro which I'm always happy with but I get that FOMO with the max. I also appreciate the Pro's size but would be nice to have the Max in certain times. I haven't had a plus size since iPhone 7+. Liked it for that year I had it and got the 8+ before the X. Since then, every other year, no more annual upgrades. Maybe I was still upgrading annually, may give it a shot but kinda over that.

whattodo11

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
oh is it that easy!? I have limited experience when transferring eSIM. How easy is it or can be and time involved? In my limited experience it went from a QR code to calling into the carrier activating the imei number. This is with my prepaid tmobile esim. (I run dual sim on one phone) Haven't done it with my Verizon post pay but I think you can even do it online with postpay? I feel like postpay may be easier. Do you swap frequently or just every so often? Any gotchas with it in terms of apps or message history, etc. I have an iPhone so probably would have to sign into both devices with iCloud and connect via WiFI to keep that stuff in sync. I am kinda liking your idea and even recently loosely thought of that. :p

Every upgrade, I debate between Pro and Pro Max but usually end up getting the Pro which I'm always happy with but I get that FOMO with the max. I also appreciate the Pro's size but would be nice to have the Max in certain times. I haven't had a plus size since iPhone 7+. Liked it for that year I had it and got the 8+ before the X. Since then, every other year, no more annual upgrades. Maybe I was still upgrading annually, may give it a shot but kinda over that.
It’s simple. Go to settings->cellular-> add eSIM. It’ll confirm on the other phone you are transferring and takes legitimately 2 minutes. If your on Wi-Fi and turn the other device on it should keep up with messages and settings etc. I toggle between the 15 pro in Blue titanium and 15 pro Max black titanium. Yes I missed the window To return the 15 pro so I am stuck with both.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I normally go for white phones. This year I grabbed Natural and I'm still happy with it.

I do wish the glass on the back was a bit warmer in tone, but overall I think it looks great. If Natural wasn't available at launch I would've been happy with White.
Same here.

MasterNivek

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2018
MasterNivek
It’s simple. Go to settings->cellular-> add eSIM. It’ll confirm on the other phone you are transferring and takes legitimately 2 minutes. If your on Wi-Fi and turn the other device on it should keep up with messages and settings etc. I toggle between the 15 pro in Blue titanium and 15 pro Max black titanium. Yes I missed the window To return the 15 pro so I am stuck with both.
Wow, that's seems crazy simple and fast. I like that. Whenever you switch, do you have to go back to the other one and remove it until you re-add?

Thanks for all this great info by the way! Much appreciated! I bought my 15 Pro on release date when I maybe should have tried the Max out first. Downside to buying when a new phone is released in that it's harder to exchange due to limited supply. Phones just weren't in stock during the return window and when they were, it wasn't my local Apple Stores but 2 hour away Apple Stores. :/ However, I've been hearing that it's easier through the carriers where you don't have to actually give the device back until the new one arrives...I bought from Apple direct, so not sure they could have done that. With that said, at least I'm stuck with a device I want and happy with as opposed to the opposite.

I know you're stuck with both but nothing wrong with having a good backup phone though. I take it Max is your preference?

oasantos1

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2023
Orange County, CA
I was excited to get the blue titanium 15 pro when it came out as blue is my favorite color. But now natural titanium and how beautiful it is, I’m starting to have some remorse that I didn’t get Nat Ti. I’m on the iUP so unless I pay off the blue, I’m pretty much in limbo. Would it be crazy to get the natural Ti and pay off the iUP and sell the blue?
I'm feeling the opposite. I have Natural Titanium, but my pops got the Blue and it looks great.

Reactions: MasterNivek

whattodo11

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
Wow, that's seems crazy simple and fast. I like that. Whenever you switch, do you have to go back to the other one and remove it until you re-add?

Thanks for all this great info by the way! Much appreciated! I bought my 15 Pro on release date when I maybe should have tried the Max out first. Downside to buying when a new phone is released in that it's harder to exchange due to limited supply. Phones just weren't in stock during the return window and when they were, it wasn't my local Apple Stores but 2 hour away Apple Stores. :/ However, I've been hearing that it's easier through the carriers where you don't have to actually give the device back until the new one arrives...I bought from Apple direct, so not sure they could have done that. With that said, at least I'm stuck with a device I want and happy with as opposed to the opposite.

I know you're stuck with both but nothing wrong with having a good backup phone though. I take it Max is your preference?
You dont have to do anything to the old phone. Every time I switch I just add eSIM and off I go. I truly didn’t want to be in this predicament so I am trying to sell the 15 pro. We shall see.

I prefer the 15 pro max caseless with just a screen protector. I use a case in certain instances but not very often. The pro is also very nice and good size but the battery life is so so bad for how much I use my phone.

Reactions: MasterNivek

MasterNivek

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2018
MasterNivek
You dont have to do anything to the old phone. Every time I switch I just add eSIM and off I go. I truly didn’t want to be in this predicament so I am trying to sell the 15 pro. We shall see.

I prefer the 15 pro max caseless with just a screen protector. I use a case in certain instances but not very often. The pro is also very nice and good size but the battery life is so so bad for how much I use my phone.

MasterNivek

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2018
MasterNivek
Makes sense but you should have no problem moving the 15 Pro. Should even be able to recoup most of the costs too. They have high resale value.

I sometimes go caseless too with my screen protector on my Pro. If I had the max, I'd like to do caseless too with screen protector with occasional case usage for certain situations. I love the pro and the battery life is great for me but would love to experience the battery life on a max phone though. I do love the size of my pro though. I am glad it does have a slightly bigger battery than the 13 pro I came from.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.