Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
It has the same ppi as the 4 inch iPhone 5/5S and is only 720p.

Technically the iPhone 6 has a 750P display.

----------

Well, that post was right from the beginning. If you read further on, I admitted that the iPhone 6 was probably faster (in terms of CPU and GPU performance) than the Nexus 4 although, at the time of the post, the iPhone 6 was not yet out.

Anyway, as an example, the iPhone 6 plus only scored 14 points higher in Geekbench 3 than my Nexus 5 (that was released in Oct 2013).
Its not a matter of probably dude.

It is TRUE! The A8 destroys the S4 Pro, it stands no chance at all!

Besides the A8 is 1.4GHz and dual core. So it's still impressive that it beats the 801.

You don't seem to comprehend that Apple's specs are good you are just trapped into a specs battle.

----------

Single or multicore?

Because according to these results it a much greater difference in both single and multicore

http://browser.primatelabs.com/android-benchmarks
http://browser.primatelabs.com/ios-benchmarks

Yeah the A8 has a dual core proc plus 1.4Ghz and it beats plenty of flagships with the 801.

jamesrick80

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2014
Technically the iPhone 6 has a 750P display.

----------

Besides the A8 is 1.4GHz and dual core. So it's still impressive that it beats the 801.

You don't seem to comprehend that Apple's specs are good you are just trapped into a specs battle.

----------

Yeah the A8 has a dual core proc plus 1.4Ghz and it beats plenty of flagships with the 801.

Due to IOS being so simple with limited capabilities, its not odd to see that the processor seems to be faster than some of the android flagships. In real world test, I have never had problems with any of my Samsung devices so benchmarks are unnecessary if your device runs as smooth as my samsung devices.

Last edited:

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
Due to IOS being so simple with limited capabilities, its not odd to see that the processor seems to be faster than some of the android flagships. If apple releases some of those limitations, maybe we can see what the processor is capable of. Android flagships do a good job at showing their capabilities. ;)

Do you know what a benchmark does? It stress tests the system so it doesn't matter how many features the OS has.

p3ntyne

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Single or multicore?

Because according to these results it a much greater difference in both single and multicore

http://browser.primatelabs.com/android-benchmarks
http://browser.primatelabs.com/ios-benchmarks

From here. I don't understand how the N5 only got 2462. My N5 also gets higher.

You don't seem to comprehend that I posted that before the iPhone was released, dude. And I'm not trapped in a 'specs battle'. I would rather a much less powerful device such as the Moto G than an iPhone 6 for the experience of Android - especially when running a custom ROM.

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
From here. I don't understand how the N5 only got 2462. My N5 also gets higher.

You don't seem to comprehend that I posted that before the iPhone was released, dude. And I'm not trapped in a 'specs battle'. I would rather a much less powerful device such as the Moto G than an iPhone 6 for the experience of Android - especially when running a custom ROM.

I wouldn't be able to use the Moto G, I would prefer the Nexus X or Moto X 2014 edition or an iPhone 6.

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
Obviously, a Nexus or Moto X would be better however, if I had to, I'm sure a Moto G would be fine (although the battery seems lacking).

Everything was perfect about the last Moto G, they just had to ruin it by adding a bigger screen:(

Why couldn't they have just improved the battery capacity, RAM and/or camera? Thats way better than decreasing the PPI of the screen and making it bigger while at the expense of battery life.

p3ntyne

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Everything was perfect about the last Moto G, they just had to ruin it by adding a bigger screen:(

Why couldn't they have just improved the battery capacity, RAM and/or camera? Thats way better than decreasing the PPI of the screen and making it bigger while at the expense of battery life.

I don't mind the bigger screen although with it should come a bigger battery and higher resolution at least.

Although, I do agree. A bigger battery and better camera would be prefered to a larger screen considering the Moto X is 5.2 inches.

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
I don't mind the bigger screen although with it should come a bigger battery and higher resolution at least.

Although, I do agree. A bigger battery and better camera would be prefered to a larger screen considering the Moto X is 5.2 inches.

See? We can agree on things!

:p

Farplaner

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
Well I got the iPhone 6 plus today.

First impressions - Camera and battery seems great as advertised. The lack of a back button is really noticeable with such a big screen. Almost all apps are not iPhone 6+ ready yet. In time I'm sure the apps will be updated for the bigger screen though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.