Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Yeah, when you fold the cover back to do some reading in tablet mode, does it get in the way?

I discovered if I fold the flap all the way, it will stick to the case instead of constantly coming lose. I tend to read in landscape though (2 column mode) and use the tri-fold cover as stand. The cover doesn't lay flat against the back when folded regardless if you have the Pencil flap between the back and the cover, or on top of the folded back cover. It can kinda do it with the latter but it just kinda wiggles loose.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I thought the flap would be annoying. But when flapped back it’s more grip to hold onto in portrait

i don’t mind it. Plus it’s extra side protection when storing

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I have the same case for mine. The flap hasn’t been annoying for me either, since it magnets out of the way pretty firmly.

When I first got it, the flap used to come loose more easily on mine. Now the flap has softened a bit so the magnets stick more firmly to the back now.

Reactions: ScreenSavers

Bea220

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
Lol you’re right - it really doesn’t. Of course when I had my last pro, I didn’t have an iMac, so it was really my only computing/typing device. I could say I needed a keyboard. Now I feel like I can’t justify it, but it certainly doesn’t mean I won’t get it, especially since I’ll use it when traveling.
The new M1 iPad Pro is my first iPad (tablet), ever and I’ve come to the conclusion that this is a great device, capable of a lot but I will ALWAYS NEED IT WITH A KEYBOARD. I love my physical keys. Typing on the keyboard screen is just… no. It’s expensive but I feel like it will last a long time. Can’t wait for my keyboard skins to come in!!

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Is everyone still digging their esr case

I just got mine yesterday. I’m pretty pleased, especially for the price, but I was looking for something basic and inexpensive until I bite the bullet on a MK, because I KNOW I will eventually, even though I don’t really need one.

Reactions: Bea220

jtopp

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2010
Hello everyone,

is anyone here with this case (or any case from this brand?)

I'm looking for the most minimalist case that would also cover the edges to protect it. I don't like bulky cases so the only one I've found is this one. I wonder though, what is the quality and how does it fit?

Anyone around here who tried these, please?
I’m curious why people aren’t using the 2020 Zulu case. It works pretty well. I order to get the pencil to charge yoI have to place it apple logo down firmly and it charges no problem. It’s not ideal but the Zulu cases are pretty nice.

Attachments

• D12793E5-2A66-48EC-8DF7-B822A7AF63BE.jpeg
    D12793E5-2A66-48EC-8DF7-B822A7AF63BE.jpeg
    349.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 1E474A98-1C05-40E2-B597-D74DBA7B8FFD.jpeg
    1E474A98-1C05-40E2-B597-D74DBA7B8FFD.jpeg
    438.1 KB · Views: 127

Freida

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Well, personally - because its super ugly. Whoever designed that need to be fired. :)

I’m curious why people aren’t using the 2020 Zulu case. It works pretty well. I order to get the pencil to charge yoI have to place it apple logo down firmly and it charges no problem. It’s not ideal but the Zulu cases are pretty nice.

DoubleFlyaway

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2017
That’s the best case I’ve found for myself for work, because I draw/write on an online whiteboard, and I can get exactly the right angle, and it is very sturdy. It’s also very protective, and I like the couple options for keeping the pencil safe. (My giant puppy has gotten ahold of two of my Apple pencils and completely destroyed one of them.) So, anyway, I definitely recommend the Zugu case for people who are going to be drawing/writing a lot. Or who have Golden Retriever puppies.

Kyle76

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2017
North Carolina
I just got mine yesterday. I’m pretty pleased, especially for the price, but I was looking for something basic and inexpensive until I bite the bullet on a MK, because I KNOW I will eventually, even though I don’t really need one.
I’ve got both, and it’s nice to not have to lug the keyboard everywhere.

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
Decided on this book-style ESR case for my 11” Pro—likely not as protective as the one you all are referencing but I like the simplified-yet-pleasing appearance (especially in the ‘Knight’ color-way). I’m hoping it will provide some stability during Apple Fitness+ yoga workouts without fear of falling over the Magic Keyboard.

2838CB7B-AADB-4B80-B26F-57AC80DE4B72.jpeg

Scheduled to arrive on Tuesday; I’ll update once I’ve had a chance to install and play around with it.

Reactions: ubercool

Freida

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
That actually looks quite elegant. The only thing I don't like is the pencil holder. Please update us with photos once you get it. I'm curious to see :)

Decided on this book-style ESR case for my 11” Pro—likely not as protective as the one you all are referencing but I like the simplified-yet-pleasing appearance (especially in the ‘Knight’ color-way). I’m hoping it will provide some stability during Apple Fitness+ yoga workouts without fear of falling over the Magic Keyboard.

View attachment 1786887

Scheduled to arrive on Tuesday; I’ll update once I’ve had a chance to install and play around with it.

Reactions: sorgo †

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south

View attachment 1786887

I like that a lot. Do you have a link?

Reactions: sorgo †

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I just received the ESR Project Zero case. And......I'm returning it. It's heavier than I thought it would be. The edges are not well supported or protected. When I hold it in my hands, the corners will TOO easily slide off. For what I really wanted it for, seems like I should just go with a dbrand skin. Lightweight, but will prevent scratches to the surface.
I bought the Apple folio and it’s just collecting dust after I installed my Dbrands skin. Really like the Dbrands - easy to install and totally lightweight feel with scratch protection. Also works perfectly with the magic keyboard or Apple folio.

Kyle76

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2017
North Carolina
I don’t think I could be happy with just a skin. I like the pencil tab on my ESR and also having the tri-fold stand and cover to use when holding my iPad.

wolfboy

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
I bought the ESR 2018-2020 iPad Pro 11 case not realizing that the speaker holes for the 2021 are positioned slightly differently. It covered up about 2 holes for each section (I didn’t hear any difference tbh) so I ended up using an x-acto knife to make more space. Not super elegant but gets the job done.

Attachments

• 724DB8AD-00C1-4281-8282-30E0FD3EBA9C.jpeg
    724DB8AD-00C1-4281-8282-30E0FD3EBA9C.jpeg
    374.7 KB · Views: 118

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I bought the ESR Rebound Case because I wanted something light. I bought another brand sight unseen before the new iPad arrived because it was cheap, real cheap and I got what I paid for. The "feature" i hated on it was the cover wouldn't stay stuck to the back when I flipped it over... Super annoying as it sagged too. Since I had an ESR case with the flap for a smaller iPad I had I knew what i wanted and just ordered the ESR Rebound magnetic for the 12.9".

What a difference! It works just as advertised. I only want it for when the other cases MKB or Combo Touch aren't being used and want the lighter feeling and screen protection.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I preordered mine weeks ago but they will release the 2021 ver on June 30. First time I buy from them and my iPad is currently naked so I hope it comes out good. I don’t care for keyboards but protection and adjustable screen tilt.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.