Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gregorcic

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2016
I think we don’t need this...

Attachments

• 297FFCB6-181F-43B6-87E1-060E3257CF83.png
    297FFCB6-181F-43B6-87E1-060E3257CF83.png
    1 MB · Views: 146

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Location services is constantly monitoring your location with PB. My experience is not the same as yours as the constant monitoring uses a lot of my battery.
I wonder if the actual watch itself has something to do with this. There’s no doubt that location services drains battery more but the rate at which it drains seems to be varied across the board. It was terrible on my S5. Same apps, same use cases and I was draining battery at rate of 6-7%/hour. My S6 is draining at 2-3%/hour w/ or w/o Phone Buddy on.

MOBELEASH

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2020
Be aware that apps like Phone Buddy and Mobeleash use a lot of watch battery, given the nature of the app.
Hi, it's easy to check which Apps are using what amounts of your phone's battery.

On your iPhone go to Settings / scroll down to Battery / scroll down to "Battery Usage By App" / the find the App you want to check on and you can view battery usage by "Activity" in percent and if you tap the "Show Activity" heading it will display "Show Battery Usage".

For MOBELEASH you should find the Battery Usage with a high amount like 20 hours X minutes etc. because MOBELEASH is on in the background all the time and then if you go to Show Activity you will see that MOBELEASH uses about 1% or less of the battery.

You can check this for yourself on your iPhone.

Thank you, MOBELEASH Support

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I wonder if the actual watch itself has something to do with this. There’s no doubt that location services drains battery more but the rate at which it drains seems to be varied across the board. It was terrible on my S5. Same apps, same use cases and I was draining battery at rate of 6-7%/hour. My S6 is draining at 2-3%/hour w/ or w/o Phone Buddy on.
When I made the post, my watch was at 51%. The battery is now at 46% with PB running. I have had a few RSS feed alerts and mail alerts since that previous post but, nothing worthy of that kind of drain.

MOBELEASH

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2020
Hi, correct MOBELEASH needs to be left open in the background on your iPhone. The logic is that your Apple Watch needs to "monitor" your iPhone's distance so MOBELEASH can alert you when you may be/are forgetting your phone. So you can go get it! Could you expand on the Banner issue, please? Thank you. from MOBELEASH Support.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Hi, correct MOBELEASH needs to be left open in the background on your iPhone. The logic is that your Apple Watch needs to "monitor" your iPhone's distance so MOBELEASH can alert you when you may be/are forgetting your phone. So you can go get it! Could you expand on the Banner issue, please? Thank you. from MOBELEASH Support.
You do realize everyone in this thread is using PhoneBuddy and not your product right? It seems odd your posting on this thread answering questions about your product which nobody is actually using...

• Haha
Reactions: Dopestar

michaelb5000

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
You do realize everyone in this thread is using PhoneBuddy and not your product right? It seems odd your posting on this thread answering questions about your product which nobody is actually using...
That isn't exactly true. If you look at page one of this thread, mobeleash is discussed and was one of the first apps to offer this feature (lookout was the first app, but took this feature away after a year or two). Phonebuddy has changed a lot over the past 2 years and has improved. I need to test phonebuddy again (it is installed but I haven't been using it); but I did test mobeleash too back when these first starting coming out.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

MOBELEASH

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2020
Hi, the "perpetual notification banner" you refer to, is it the number "1" encircled in red adjacent to the MOBELEASH App icon? from MOBELEASH Support

rojocrandall

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2009
Hi, the "perpetual notification banner" you refer to, is it the number "1" encircled in red adjacent to the MOBELEASH App icon? from MOBELEASH Support
To clarify, for me, it is the small round white right-arrow icon in the notification area at the top of the Apple Watch screen. From what I understand that is not something that can be hidden/removed.

MOBELEASH

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2020
To clarify, for me, it is the small round white right-arrow icon in the notification area at the top of the Apple Watch screen. From what I understand that is not something that can be hidden/removed.
Hi, thx for clarifying. Correct that icon cannot be hidden. V.sorry about that. from MOBELEASH Support

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
No that’s not what I’m talking about. It’s the notification number badge on the phone app. It can’t be removed unless you force close the app but the app needs to be open in the background to work.

1615333874264.png

Reactions: rojocrandall

MOBELEASH

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2020
Hi, thx for the pic. The icon you circled is the WhatsApp icon, and as you likely know, the encircled number "1" indicates you have a message etc. There is no connection between WhatsApp and MOBELEASH. from MOBELEASH Support.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Hi, thx for the pic. The icon you circled is the WhatsApp icon, and as you likely know, the encircled number "1" indicates you have a message etc. There is no connection between WhatsApp and MOBELEASH. from MOBELEASH Support.
LMAO! A comedian.
The only joke here is your app.

Last edited:

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I don’t think that comment is appropriate.

Are you saying Mobeleash affects the unread message indicator on WhatsApp?
I’m showing in a photo of what a notification badge is and MOBELEASH Support knows damn well what I’m talking about. Too bad I don’t have the MOBELEASH app anymore to show the notification badge on that. Not sure why the difficulty understanding this.

RecentlyConverted

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2015
You should have said - “The notification badge on the MOBILELEASH iPhone app”, which would remove any ambiguity. And if including a photo say, “similar to this notification”.

Help desk people and forum users tend to look at specifics rather than vague references.

You might not like the numbers appearing in the badge, but I think it’s a bit extreme to call it a joke of an app.

Surely the simple solution, to the number bothering you, would be to drag the icon off your main home-screen, so you don’t see it.

I do understand, I too have to respond to badge numbers, (some form of OCD I suppose). But if the app functions well, then a badge notification is a minor point. Though again I agree with you, MOBILELEASH should provide a simple way to clear it.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
You should have said - “The notification badge on the MOBILELEASH iPhone app”, which would remove any ambiguity. And if including a photo say, “similar to this notification”.

Help desk people and forum users tend to look at specifics rather than vague references.

You might not like the numbers appearing in the badge, but I think it’s a bit extreme to call it a joke of an app.

Surely the simple solution, to the number bothering you, would be to drag the icon off your main home-screen, so you don’t see it.

I do understand, I too have to respond to badge numbers, (some form of OCD I suppose). But if the app functions well, then a badge notification is a minor point. Though again I agree with you, MOBILELEASH should provide a simple way to clear it.
I appreciate you trying to moderate this discussion but it’s apparent you didn’t read that far back in this thread. Why would I be talking about “What’s App???” C’mon, doesn’t take a genius. Someone asked for clarification on what I meant by a notification badge and I posted the first picture I found indicating it. They didn’t have an issue understanding. Post #135, MOBELEASH Support understand there but they wanted to be funny. I even explain in my post. Sorry, couldn’t find a picture on the web with the MOBELEASH phone app icon and a notification badge on it.

I used to beta test for MOBELEASH. Apparently they dropped me because they weren’t too happy with all the issues I brought up with them regarding the app. They only wanted reports of rainbows and unicorns. This is an online forum where people express their honest opinions and I’m gonna give it. Would it make a difference if I used the word “terrible” or “awful” instead of “joke?” So yeah, it is a joke. Truth is, Phone Buddy destroys MOBELEASH in every way possible. Features, functionality and customer support.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

MOBELEASH

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2020
Hi all. Attached is a pic of what we believe you are referring to. If correct, this occurs simply because the user has closed the MOBELEASH App. If you leave MOBELEASH open in the background on your iPhone, this icon will not appear. MOBELEASH needs the App open in the background on your iPhone all the time. As discussed above, battery usage is minimal. See our previous post re: checking App battery consumption by App. Our mission is to reduce the number of iPhones lost, missing, forgotten etc. every day; if you prefer another App we are just happy you have your iPhone nearby. from MOBELEASH Support "don't forget your phone!"

Attachments

• IMG-2631.PNG
    IMG-2631.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 95

Dopestar

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
CA
the Pandemic hasn’t really made me use phone buddy since I am primarily at home. It is. Good app and it has Gone through several updates. Wonder if Apple will create this as a native feature on the Apple Watch

Reactions: Peter K.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
the Pandemic hasn’t really made me use phone buddy since I am primarily at home. It is. Good app and it has Gone through several updates. Wonder if Apple will create this as a native feature on the Apple Watch
It should really be integrated into “Find My” app/system/network but my guess is, if they haven’t done it by now, I highly doubt it... but who knows. The watch should have a “Find my” app that locates devices as well as people. Not everyone has a friend close by that they can borrow their iPhone to find a lost iPhone.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
As a follow-up. If I only turn on alarm for the watch, the battery drain is minimal. Turning on both alarms and my drain is 4 -5 % an hour. For now, I will keep with only the watch alarm.

Reactions: max2

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
As a follow-up. If I only turn on alarm for the watch, the battery drain is minimal. Turning on both alarms and my drain is 4 -5 % an hour. For now, I will keep with only the watch alarm.
Ah ok, maybe that’s the cause. I should test it in that configuration too and see if there’s a difference. Once the watch comes on, I don’t take it off until I’m home and it needs to be charged so I never felt the need to enable that alarm.

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
I seem to have prevent Phone Buddy from alerting me with false positives. Had to enable disable alerts when on Home Wifi. Cool feature.

Hopefully it works ok in the hotel room without false positives.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.