Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Who am I to guarantee anything regarding Apple’s coding incompetence, that even needs to be supported by lawyers. Btw, just another proof that the AppStore adds zero security, and exits mainly for anticompetitive gate keeping.

Searching and selling Exploits is pure business. These Security Researchers aren’t all White-Hats or Black-Hats, there are also hmm - let’s call them Gray-Hats, they simply go for the next good money opportunity. If no good guy shows up, it’s sold further to the next best uncomplicated bidder and lands directly in the bad guy hands. Apples bug-bounty program simply sucks, it’s too complicated, limited and does not motivate to sell exploits directly back to Apple, that’s it.
That’s the point, even if apple were the most generous “ in the world software is never 100% defect free. And it’s a cat and mouse game between the finders and fixers of bugs.

Sammy in SoCal

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2021
I've had enough of this. It never ceases to amaze me, although it shouldn't, that any mention of Israel brings out the hate in people.

"I have never swindled a man. At most I kept quiet and let him swindle himself. This does no harm, as a fool cannot be protected from his folly. If you attempt to do so, you will not only arouse his animosity but also you will be attempting to deprive him of whatever benefit he is capable of deriving from experience. Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig."

- Robert Heinlein

The jig is up. Nobody believes the propaganda you’re spreading for Israel. They are an apartheid state out in the open and nobody is challenging them because they have the USA for cover and protection. They’re literally getting away with crimes against humanity. And this spying against the u.s. has been going on forever. This is just the newest example

Unsupported

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2020
a land far, far away...
... the propaganda you’re spreading for Israel. ... apartheid state... literally getting away with crimes against humanity... spying against the u.s... just the newest example

That's propaganda based on lies. I just try to counter the hate speech that's so rampant on this thread with real facts.

BTW, how's that "genocide" thing going?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheWatchfulOne

Naraxus

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2016
Good grief... that tired old nonsense. Others do bad things too so that makes it OK.

PLease point to the section of this chart which demonstrates Israelis being exterminated: https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/israel-population/

I suppose this is the level of self-serving nonsense you get when you base your entire culture on a magic book written by Bronze Age, desert dwelling goat buggerers and then use it as proof that you are the Chosen Ones and are therefore immune from criticism, and entitled to take whatever you want from anyone.

Israel - the very definition of a Fascist State.

Letter to NYT 1949
I never said Iraelies were being exterminated. If you read what I said (which I can tell you did not) I said that they have every right to fight back against the Palestinians that infest their country and exterminate them.

Palestine is filled with sucide bombers, terrorists and other filth who wants to see Israel wiped off the map at all costs. Israel has every right to defend itself and wipe out these parasites.

• Love
Reactions: Unsupported

Lexdexia

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2015
pretty funny seeing how as soon as an article mentions anything remotely israel related, even if it’s barely political, mossad agents come out of the woodwork to defend israel and subvert the conversation topic

Unsupported

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2020
a land far, far away...
pretty funny seeing how as soon as an article mentions anything remotely israel related, even if it’s barely political, mossad agents come out of the woodwork to defend israel and subvert the conversation topic
LOL! ?

I think you'll find that it was the anti-Israel crowd who were the first to "subvert the conversation topic":

ie:
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...wsuit-against-nso-group.2324629/post-30642558

ad infinitum, ad nauseum...

But don't let that get in the way of your prejudices.

Unsupported

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2020
a land far, far away...
Now here's what I call informative and unbiased reporting on this issue. You need to read almost to the end to find any mention of Israel and there's plenty more factual information than can be found on this forum.

There is also no anti-Israel hate speech in the comment section, and I don't belive TidBits is run by the Mossad or "the Jewish lobby". MacRumors moderators take note.

Last edited:

Lexdexia

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2015
Last edited by a moderator:

Sammy in SoCal

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2021
I never said Iraelies were being exterminated. If you read what I said (which I can tell you did not) I said that they have every right to fight back against the Palestinians that infest their country and exterminate them.

Palestine is filled with sucide bombers, terrorists and other filth who wants to see Israel wiped off the map at all costs. Israel has every right to defend itself and wipe out these parasites.
It’s wonderful how you dehumanize a population. Israel does not have every right to keep oppressing HUMAN BEINGS in apartheid(racist) conditions. Nobody told a bunch of zionists and fake hebrews to squat in the middle of several arab countries And not expect differences. If I was in a neighborhood that nobody wanted me in I would move.

Last edited:

Unsupported

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2020
a land far, far away...
They(working for israel, dual citizenship) always have eyes everywhere when Israel is mentioned in any critical way. Again they’re always trying to control the narrative in this country regarding Israel because it’s supremely important that Americans are kept asleep and accept anything they do. It’s no surprise That AIPAC is the strongest lobby.

FYI, I am not American, neither am I Israeli. I do not have dual citizenship anywhere.

Controlling what happens in the world is an old and tired out narrative used by the Jew haters. At least try to think up something new to justify your animosity.

Unsupported

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2020
a land far, far away...
Nobody told a bunch of zionists and fake hebrews to squat in the middle of several arab countries And not expect differences. If I was in a neighborhood that nobody wanted me in I would move.

"Fake Hebrews"?

Seriously?

You know in the 1930s in Nazi Germany the graffiti said "Jews back to Palestine!"

Now it's "Jews out of Palestine!"

Do please make your minds up... BTW, Zionist is not a pejorative.

world according to antizionists.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Naraxus

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Okay, one last thing...

I have a couple of friends that are in their mid 70's. I did one of their companies IT work, and after they sold their company, they told me they were going on their 'bucket list trip', because she couldn't get her husband to take a vacation while they owned the company (I can relate). Russia, Iceland, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, and even made a point to go to Italy on my recommendation, and even Greenland.

The one place they really wanted to visit was Israel. They were so amazed by what they saw, until they were to go to 'see the occupied territories'. They actually couldn't go to the occupied territories, but went to an area that overlooked a large swath of that area. There were quite a number of Israeli's there, milling around. Then they heard loud booming noises, and the people there started getting excited. Cheering, clapping, shouting, celebrating. Then they realized they were celebrating the shelling of the occupied territories. They were celebrating the very likely deaths of Palestinians. The end of human lives, and they were acting like they were at a football game, and their team was winning.

They were shocked. They were horrified. They had enjoyed the trip, up to that point, but were so shocked by what they saw. I can't imagine the sight of people celebrating the destruction of other peoples homes, businesses, stores, schools, hospitals. One thing that they have done since the early days is if the Palestinian rocket kill and injure 5 people, and the Israeli military try to kill 20, or more. They respond by slaughtering as many people as they can. There is no restraint, there is only a need to respond with massive force, and end as many Palestinian lives as they can.

They came back, and were very troubled by what they saw. They believed what the media said about it all. They believed that the Palestinians were ruthless killers who slaughtered innocent Israeli citizens, but the truth was a bit more complicated. I could see they were still disturbed. They had been back home for a day or two. I myself was surprised at what they described. Wow...

So, is NSO launching their software as an over the top attack? Are they looking at the sale of their software as an attack on 'people that deserve it'? Have they actually cared what their customers do with their software before it came out that some of them are using it to target others? I mean, having a weapon like their software opens up a lot of opportunities for misuse, and should at the least carry a responsibility on their part to control who it is used against.

Some of the original targets are people that I can't see worth the effort, but to then target exes, and family members, and journalists, etc, seems like the weapon has gotten out of control. It's being used without desecration, and for illegal purposes, but isn't the whole intent to be illegal? To punish? To expose? To ruin? To embarrass? To humiliate?

Their product seems to be over the top. They opened Pandora's Box, and gave people the power to attack anyone they wanted. Most software companies would have limits on the use of a product like that.

Apple seems in the right to demand that NSO be punished for violating their patents, and software licenses. NSO picked their locks, and gave the secret to anyone who could pay, with apparently no limits on how many people they could attack with it.

Reactions: quatermass

Sammy in SoCal

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2021
Okay, one last thing...

I have a couple of friends that are in their mid 70's. I did one of their companies IT work, and after they sold their company, they told me they were going on their 'bucket list trip', because she couldn't get her husband to take a vacation while they owned the company (I can relate). Russia, Iceland, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, and even made a point to go to Italy on my recommendation, and even Greenland.

The one place they really wanted to visit was Israel. They were so amazed by what they saw, until they were to go to 'see the occupied territories'. They actually couldn't go to the occupied territories, but went to an area that overlooked a large swath of that area. There were quite a number of Israeli's there, milling around. Then they heard loud booming noises, and the people there started getting excited. Cheering, clapping, shouting, celebrating. Then they realized they were celebrating the shelling of the occupied territories. They were celebrating the very likely deaths of Palestinians. The end of human lives, and they were acting like they were at a football game, and their team was winning.

They were shocked. They were horrified. They had enjoyed the trip, up to that point, but were so shocked by what they saw. I can't imagine the sight of people celebrating the destruction of other peoples homes, businesses, stores, schools, hospitals. One thing that they have done since the early days is if the Palestinian rocket kill and injure 5 people, and the Israeli military try to kill 20, or more. They respond by slaughtering as many people as they can. There is no restraint, there is only a need to respond with massive force, and end as many Palestinian lives as they can.

They came back, and were very troubled by what they saw. They believed what the media said about it all. They believed that the Palestinians were ruthless killers who slaughtered innocent Israeli citizens, but the truth was a bit more complicated. I could see they were still disturbed. They had been back home for a day or two. I myself was surprised at what they described. Wow...

So, is NSO launching their software as an over the top attack? Are they looking at the sale of their software as an attack on 'people that deserve it'? Have they actually cared what their customers do with their software before it came out that some of them are using it to target others? I mean, having a weapon like their software opens up a lot of opportunities for misuse, and should at the least carry a responsibility on their part to control who it is used against.

Some of the original targets are people that I can't see worth the effort, but to then target exes, and family members, and journalists, etc, seems like the weapon has gotten out of control. It's being used without desecration, and for illegal purposes, but isn't the whole intent to be illegal? To punish? To expose? To ruin? To embarrass? To humiliate?

Their product seems to be over the top. They opened Pandora's Box, and gave people the power to attack anyone they wanted. Most software companies would have limits on the use of a product like that.

Apple seems in the right to demand that NSO be punished for violating their patents, and software licenses. NSO picked their locks, and gave the secret to anyone who could pay, with apparently no limits on how many people they could attack with it.
It’s disgusting how in an earlier post that someone had said that Palestinians are an infestation that must be exterminated. This was the same kind of talk the nazis used against the Jews. And now we have come full circle with the zionists using the same language against the Palestinians.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sammy in SoCal

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2021

This disgusting racist, hateful, violent post

• Haha
Reactions: Unsupported

Naraxus

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2016
Nobody told a bunch of zionists and fake hebrews to squat in the middle of several arab countries And not expect differences. If I was in a neighborhood that nobody wanted me in I would move.
Except that Jewish people have been living in the region for thousands of years so there goes that claptrap

Sammy in SoCal

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2021
Except that Jewish people have been living in the region for thousands of years so there goes that claptrap
You didn’t address exterminating vermin when you were talking about Palestinians. Did you learn that from the nazis when they described what they wanted to do to the Jews? And now you’re using it on the Palestinians ? Are you ok? So now you’re ok with nazi Language . You’ve dehumanized a people. Are you ready to throw the Palestinians in the ovens? If only the people of the holocaust could see how the Palestinians were treated by the Israelis. They would spit on you

Reactions: quatermass

Naraxus

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2016
You didn’t address exterminating vermin when you were talking about Palestinians. Did you learn that from the nazis when they described what they wanted to do to the Jews? And now you’re using it on the Palestinians ? Are you ok? So now you’re ok with nazi Language . You’ve dehumanized a people. Are you ready to throw the Palestinians in the ovens? If only the people of the holocaust could see how the Palestinians were treated by the Israelis. They would spit on you
When someone brings up irrelevent correlations to make a point, it's called a logical fallicy & red herring. Adios

Sammy in SoCal

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2021
When someone brings up irrelevent correlations to make a point, it's called a logical fallicy & red herring. Adios
OK it’s irrelevant that the language that you use for the Palestinians is the same the Nazis used against the Jews to dehumanize them. The correlation is lost on you because you don’t want to look At history to see how the oppressed have become the oppressors. It’s ironic because to this day the zionists use the holocaust card to garner sympathy so they Can keep crying victimization and if Anyone criticizes Israel’s actions its anti-semitism!! Boo hoooo

JungeQuex

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
Well, that’s totally false - Hadrian BTFO them all and they didn’t return in meaningful numbers until after WW2.

By your logic, East Prussia and Gdańsk/Danzig should be German, because Germanic peoples lived there in the past. I think everyone can agree today that Gdańsk is not German, because Germans were conquered and BTFO the region.

Philip_S

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2020
Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis.
The IHRA are an organisation supported by and for the Israeli government, and their definition of antisemitism has no more validity than a Confucius institute’s definition of sinophobia, or the CND’s idea of responsible defence policy when they were a Soviet front group, or the Rockefeller Foundation and their definition of democracy and human rights. You can’t blame them for trying it on (everyone does it), but anyone who listens to them is at best an idiot (because everyone should know better).

Israel are not our friends and they aren’t useful allies, so if people hate them or even if they get “driven into the sea”, that’s not our problem: if their religous claims to the land are true they don’t need anything from us, and if they’re not then what they’ve won by force of arms they can lose the same way and they’ve nothing to complain about. OTOH, the Palestinians have nothing to offer us, so there’s no reason to lift a finger to help them either.

Reactions: PinkyMacGodess

Philip_S

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2020
NSO is NOT "state sponsored". Any misuse of their product is on their customers.

"NSO is a private company, it is not a governmental project and therefore even if it is designated, it has nothing to do with the policies of the Israeli government," Lapid told a news conference in Jerusalem. "I don't think there is another country in the world which has such strict rules according to cyber warfare and that is imposing those rules more than Israel and we will continue to do so."
If Qinetiq were selling land mines it would be perfectly legitimate to criticise the British government for helping create their industry (including developing most of their capabilities) and for allowing the company to exist. It doesn’t matter how strict their laws are if they’re not being enforced effectively enough to stop it happening.

Israel made a deliberate policy choice to develop their private sector capabilities in defensive and offensive cybersecurity, by using conscripts for government cyber security work and relying on private contractors, rather than using permanent civil servants. As a matter of trade policy, that worked quite well, but now that the products have spread beyond their borders they need to clean up the mess that industry is creating.

Reactions: PinkyMacGodess
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.