Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Unsupported

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2020
a land far, far away...
You’re spreading misinformation and lies. Check this book for actual historical facts: https://www.amazon.com/Myths-About-Israel-Ilan-Pappe-ebook/dp/B01I85OZG8 (yes the author is Israeli)

“...the establishment of the Jewish State in Palestine, to be called Israel...The State of Israel will be open to the immigration of Jews from all countries of their dispersion; will promote development of the country for the benefit of all its inhabitants; will be based on the precepts of liberty, justice and peace taught by the Hebrew Prophets; will uphold the full social and political equality of all its citizens, without distinction of race, creed, or sex; will guarantee full freedom of conscience, worship, education and culture; will safeguard the sanctity and inviolability of the shrines and Holy Places of all religions; and will dedicate itself to the principles of the Charter of the United Nations...We offer peace and unity to all the neighboring states and their peoples, and invite them to cooperate with the independent Jewish nation for the common good of all.”

And what did the Arabs say?

chromite

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2013

We’re all going to be judged one day and I sincerely hope you have a change of heart my friend

Unsupported

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2020
a land far, far away...
We’re all going to be judged one day and I sincerely hope you have a change of heart my friend
"Today I feel Jewish mainly when people attack me because of my being Jewish.”

- Woody Allen

“My relationship to the Jewish people has become my strongest human bond, ever since I became fully aware of our precarious situation among the nations of the world.”

∞ Albert Einstein

Unsupported

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2020
a land far, far away...
You’re spreading misinformation and lies. Check this book for actual historical facts: https://www.amazon.com/Myths-About-Israel-Ilan-Pappe-ebook/dp/B01I85OZG8 (yes the author is Israeli)
"The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what’s true."

- Carl Sagan (another Jew)

Reactions: cyb3rdud3

chromite

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2013
"The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what’s true."

#freepalestine

Reactions: MrTangent

Unsupported

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2020
a land far, far away...
#freepalestine
#freeplasticine

That mythical country built on lies...

259964572_4512362828853685_7069986472083934941_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: cyb3rdud3

quatermass

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2009
Yawn. The UN is a cesspool of ******** and corruption. When you have filth like Saudi Arabia on the UN Human Rights Commission your credibility is lacking. Israel has every right to fight back against the parasitical Palestinians that infest their country and exterminate them.
Good grief... that tired old nonsense. Others do bad things too so that makes it OK.

PLease point to the section of this chart which demonstrates Israelis being exterminated: https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/israel-population/

I suppose this is the level of self-serving nonsense you get when you base your entire culture on a magic book written by Bronze Age, desert dwelling goat buggerers and then use it as proof that you are the Chosen Ones and are therefore immune from criticism, and entitled to take whatever you want from anyone.

Israel - the very definition of a Fascist State.

Letter to NYT 1949

quatermass

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2009
Lots of anti-jews here. I'm glad Apple is going to court but the rest has nothing to do with this court case.
I think you'll find it's actually anti fascists here, not anti-Jews. Anyone can be a fascist, jews included. And other jews can be likewise against the fascist jews. Unfortuately, it's not as black-and-white as some would like to make out, but that's low resolution thinking that won't get you anywhere.

Lexdexia

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2015
Finally, good to see Apple taking action even if long after the damage has been done. However, I doubt banning NSO Group from using their products and services is something that’s enforceable. Can’t they just dissolve the current firm and make another one under a different name to circumvent Apple’s bans? It just doesn’t seem realistic to effectively ban anyone from using your products for doing bad things.

mzeb

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2007
NSO Group has claimed that its software exploits have only been sold to "vetted" military, law enforcement, and intelligence agencies for use against criminals and terrorists,

Let's be clear, no government needs this for law enforcement. Any government that suggests otherwise is heading an authoritarian direction and needs to be examined by its people.

quatermass

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2009
You need to find another hobby.

New Antisemitism! Really? You're going with that as your argument? Here's a hobby for you - read the entirety of the thing you're using to prove your point, especially the parts that disprove your point.

New Antisemtism... "tending to manifest itself as opposition to Zionism and criticism of the Israeli government." Now, where do you suppose that idea came from? I'll leave that with you.

applicious84

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2020

So, here's the thing, the ADL often operates as an anti-Palestinian propaganda organization, and Ben-Gurion, when establishing the state, behaved with massive hate against both Jews and Palestinians. He was a war monger.

The entirety of the quote you mention exemplifies a demand for supremacy of a people injecting themselves, colonially, in the Palestinian homeland. It's not what Palestinians and Arabs said; it's the demand that they accept European colonialism of their home. I get that an Apple forum is good hasbara practice, but the software company is still injecting spyware into users' phones, and fortunately, Apple is fighting it.

If I knew that it was possible to save all the children of Germany by transporting them to England, and only half by transferring them to the Land of Israel, I would choose the latter, for before us lies not only the numbers of these children but the historical reckoning of the people of Israel.''

After the formation of a large army in the wake of the establishment of the state, we will abolish partition and expand to the whole of Palestine

Lexdexia

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2015
Let's be clear, no government needs this for law enforcement. Any government that suggests otherwise is heading an authoritarian direction and needs to be examined by its people.
It’s the same concept as warantless searches.

Reactions: applicious84

quatermass

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2009
No, it isn't antisemitic to criticise Israel. In fact nobody is more critical of Israel's policies than Israelis themselves. There's a saying that where there are two Jews there are three opinions. It's also true that more than 20% of Israelis are Arabs, who enjoy full rights like any other Israeli citizen.

Have you asked yourself why there are so many UN resolutions against Israel and none, that's zero, against Turkey for its treatment of its Kurds, or China for its treatment of Tibet, or many other countries deserving of "criticism"?

Given history Jews have learned more than you could ever know. "despicable" and "egregious" isn't "criticism". It's demonisation based on lies.

BDS, in the words of its founders, means the elimination of the only Jewish state on earth. If you support BDS that is exactly what you wish for. As Golda Meir once said, "Israel is the Jew among nations." Tell me BDS is not "antisemitic".

View attachment 1916833
Ah yes, the ever popular and lovely Golda Meir. The woman who held the US hostage by threatening to use the nuclear weapons (that Israel denies having) to launch a pre-emptive strike unless Henry Kissinger caved in and gave her (i.e. Israel) everything she wanted. Lovely woman. Well spotted.

BDS is not antisemitic. There. Told you. And if you ask them, they'll tell you too. You disagree? Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

quatermass

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2009

You do realise he was not writing about Judaism or Jewishness in any way? He's actually talking about physics and cosmology - you knew that, right?

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Israel is a horrible country that has blood on its hands, forcing Palestinians out of their lands and homes. Call me an antisemite all you want, their government sucks and Israelis have become the fascists they profess to hate.
That is 100% false information. However I will not go into the politics of the situation as certain folk here do not take too kindly when I do this

Apple is saying - the only spyware on Apple devices that will be allowed is Apple made spyware.
CSAM existing does not bode well for Apple. The instant it is forced into every Apple device, the lawsuits against Apple will come and Apple will have a harder time fighting other spyware developers because it (will have) put it's own developed spyware out there.

Reactions: VulchR

applicious84

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2020
Ah yes, the ever popular and lovely Golda Meir. The woman who held the US hostage by threatening to use the nuclear weapons (that Israel denies having) to launch a pre-emptive strike unless Henry Kissinger caved in and gave her (i.e. Israel) everything she wanted. Lovely woman. Well spotted.

BDS is not antisemitic. There. Told you. And if you ask them, they'll tell you too. You disagree? Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

Imagine seeing what she saw and still being a supremacist after all of it. I know soldiers who have served in the Israeli army, who saw how repulsive it was, and who still, somehow, support Israel

It is a dreadful thing to see the dead city. Next to the port I found children, women, the old, waiting for a way to leave. I entered the houses, there were houses where the coffee and pita bread were left on the table, and I could not avoid [thinking] that this, indeed, had been the picture in many Jewish towns [i.e., in Europe, during World War II]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.