Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
Breakthrough infections happens; the Yankees proved that. That there were not "major" outbreaks at a packed sporting even is anecdotal. There could have been a lot of COVID cases that weren't reported.

Kids are forced to get vaccines prior to entering school.

Without the vaccine we would be left with masks, social distancing, closed businesses, filled hospitals etc, imo, for the foreseeable future.
The vaccines kids are forced to get are to prevent much deadlier dieseases and have been out for years….it’s apples and oranges.

Reactions: jk73

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
Breakthrough infections happens; the Yankees proved that. That there were not "major" outbreaks at a packed sporting even is anecdotal. There could have been a lot of COVID cases that weren't reported.

Kids are forced to get vaccines prior to entering school.

Without the vaccine we would be left with masks, social distancing, closed businesses, filled hospitals etc, imo, for the foreseeable future

I love the we already do vaccines.. so it's just a working assumption that the one that is added will be just another vaccine. The Pfizer FDA approval was a conditional approval if you look into it with studies to be completed years down the road from now. Only a few schools in the nation, not colleges, are requiring the COVID vaccine. My kids' school is not requiring it as part of the vax 'packet' that everyone references as just normal. These vaccines aren't normal yet. My doctor has even said that.

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
Do some research. The vaccine can also cause this. I hate to say this but life happens. When we lived in Florida my youngest son got some CRAZY virus that they could not figure out what it was. Long before COVID and it was different than COVID. He was at Baptist Health in Jax for a while. Nothing stopped it. He had to get through it. The mindset that we can vaccinate ourselves to safety is naive. As we can see, it only takes a variant to increase the breakthrough %. When a parent, me, reconciles that with the risks associated with a new vaccine with documented issues in young children.. it's not just another vaccination that gets added to the little vax card for school.

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I love the we already do vaccines.. so it's just a working assumption that the one that is added will be just another vaccine. The Pfizer FDA approval was a conditional approval if you look into it with studies to be completed years down the road from now. Only a few schools in the nation, not colleges, are requiring the COVID vaccine. My kids' school is not requiring it as part of the vax 'packet' that everyone references as just normal. These vaccines aren't normal yet. My doctor has even said that.
One can see the every growing list of colleges requiring vaccinations: https://www.bestcolleges.com/blog/list-of-colleges-that-require-covid-19-vaccine/

As to the conversations between you and your doctors, it may be that certain people are ineligible for the vaccination due to health reasons. The rest of the eligible people should get the vaccination per CDC.

Last edited:

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
One can see the every growing list of colleges requiring vaccinations: https://www.bestcolleges.com/blog/list-of-colleges-that-require-covid-19-vaccine/

As to the conversations between you and your doctors, it may be that certain people are ineligible for the vaccination due to health reasons. The rest of the eligible people should get the vaccination.
I was excluding colleges from my 'list'.

You don't get to say someone should get the vaccine. Politicians don't get to say someone should get the vaccine.. you all can say that.. but any intelligent person would ignore you both and talk to their doctor.

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
A perfect example on why we shouldn't be listening to social media experts and politicians. RIGHT NOW the Biden administration is pushing for booster shots. Several leading FDA officials have quit over this and are criticizing the Biden Administration for it. I will attach an image. I got this just recently. It is specifically stating that UCLA Health does NOT recommend booster for the general population. But are politicians listing to this? Nope... GET A SHOT/BOOSTER! That is what you will hear from social media experts and politicians.. and it DIRECTLY contradicts leading medical advice right now. I asked my doctor directly about a booster and his response was, "of course Pfizer recommends boosters.. Cadillac also recommend you buy a Cadillac." Those were his words.

No person here has the right to tell anyone to 'just get the shot'.

Attachments

• 25AB99F2-CB45-4C68-ADFB-92436E69E722_1_101_o.jpeg
    25AB99F2-CB45-4C68-ADFB-92436E69E722_1_101_o.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 66

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I'm not sure who listens to social media experts, but there is guidance from the CDC. Of course it may be one has an underlying health condition that negates the taking of the vaccine. But everybody else should get them following reasonable recommendations by the experts (CDC) and your doctor.

• Angry

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
You don’t seem to understand statistics do you…COVID under 18 has a 99.999 survial rate. So no. For young healthy people it is not deadly on a data driven level.
Sure. You can survive a car crash, but lose your sight and limbs. But hey, you survived? Right? But more to the point, unvaccinated (I guess those excepted by medical exemptions) are starting to have their options limited. It's the way things are going.

• Disagree

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal

As to the conversations between you and your doctors, it may be that certain people are ineligible for the vaccination due to health reasons. The rest of the eligible people should get the vaccination per CDC.
Before we just toss that vax on the school vax card… see attached. That’s directly from Pfizer and their ‘conditional’ approval.

Attachments

• 37F60420-FC7F-4BF3-9335-7EA38AE94B20.png
    37F60420-FC7F-4BF3-9335-7EA38AE94B20.png
    1 MB · Views: 76

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
Sure. You can survive a car crash, but lose your sight and limbs. But hey, you survived? Right? But more to the point, unvaccinated (I guess those excepted by medical exemptions) are starting to have their options limited. It's the way things are going.
Can you elaborate on options limited? I ask because I know what I’ve seen reported then there is what real life is like. I’ve been to a professional football game in LA.. 80% no masks.. my kids have been playing sports for a year.. my company refuses to force vaccinations.. my doctor, unlike some sick humans.. says he would treat me no matter what my vax status is.. these ‘limitations’ are not going to grow.. they are subsiding…when they actually apply.

Reactions: tonyr6 and jk73

seadragon

Contributor
Mar 10, 2009
Vaccinated vs Unvaccinated. Here is a news article about one of our provinces here in Canada.

370369A3-BF79-4C05-904F-D191E85D281F.jpeg

D7D0813D-BF75-4310-9A14-3475DC2A3F78.jpeg

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
Vaccinated vs Unvaccinated. Here is a news article about one of our provinces here in Canada.

View attachment 1834389

View attachment 1834392
Am I reading this data right that there were zero people, who are unvaccinated, under 40 that were admitted to the ICU or died?

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
I would say that we know that the vaccine can prevent severe illness. It is likely to prevent hospitalization. I won't argue that. What I have been saying is that no one gets to TELL someone to 'just get the vax'. I also disagree with the logic of get the vaccine to protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated. The pro-vaccine crowd (I am vaccinated FWIW) wants to say that we should get the vaccine to prevent severe illness but it only works if everyone gets it. That is not how viruses and reality works.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Can you elaborate on options limited? I ask because I know what I’ve seen reported then there is what real life is like. I’ve been to a professional football game in LA.. 80% no masks.. my kids have been playing sports for a year.. my company refuses to force vaccinations.. my doctor, unlike some sick humans.. says he would treat me no matter what my vax status is.. these ‘limitations’ are not going to grow.. they are subsiding…when they actually apply.
In New York City, one has to show proof of vaccination to attend certain venue events and dine in a restaurant. That's what I mean by having options limited. Companies in NY are also requiring employees to show proof of vaccination as a condition of their employment. Things are going to get worse as the delta variant and mu variant take hold. And finally to address the "sick humans" comment it's not about getting medical treatment, that would go against the grain and be inhumane to deny medical treatment and go against the hippocratic oath...it's about who foots the bill.

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
In New York City, one has to show proof of vaccination to attend certain venue events and dine in a restaurant. That's what I mean by having options limited. Companies in NY are also requiring employees to show proof of vaccination as a condition of their employment. Things are going to get worse as the delta variant and mu variant take hold. And finally to address the "sick humans" comment it's not about getting medical treatment, that would go against the grain and be inhumane to deny medical treatment and go against the hippocratic oath...it's about who foots the bill.
We technically have some of those 'requirements' in LA.. but not always enforced.

The who foots the bill is a rabbit hole.. but is actually done to an extent today. Health plans take into account the age/demographics of people when they 'price' group rates. WTS, if we can tell someone who isn't vaccinated that we cannot pay for their care then we can tell an obese, otherwise healthy and capable, person that we will not pay for things directly related to their health 'decision'. .. put them on a PIP.. lose weight or policy increase.. and outside of a small %.. anyone who wants to get their weight under control can do so. I have struggled with this in the past but know if I follow a simple (but not easy) 'process' I lose weight. When I fall off the wagon, I gain weight. Could also apply to people with HIV.. who made decisions that led to that.. illicit drugs.. on and on. Smokers... hell, anyone who smokes shouldn't even qualify for health insurance right? .. based on all the things that does to the body.

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
I heard zeta is a real B.. for anyone living in a state in lockdown.. they should take a trip to one that isn't. It's a different world. Georgia.. seeing some spikes but nothing that isn't manageable.. and that includes the small county where my brother lives (who had COVID). Florida.. oh Florida.. we moved out of Florida in August of 2020.. and at that time many around us didn't even acknowledge COVID was real. People think it is DeSantis.. it's not him.. it's Floridians. We literally would go out on our boat to be outside away from people. Over half a 12U baseball team COVID positive and they tried to hide it.. oh Florida.. I know a guy that sent his kid to school WITH COVID.. no BS. A very esteemed private school at that. It definitely got bad in FL.. but it also got bad in parts of CA/LA where there were certain populations that were/are very vaccine hesitant (not QMAGA folks.. other populations that HAVE to go out and work.. can't take time off. .and then go back to homes with lots of family. Sad.) Texas.. will do Texas.. right or wrong.. my neighbor got his breakthrough case in Austin. But Texas isn't shutting down the state.. The People of Texas won't allow it.

Hawaii.. it was taken really serious there but when an island like Kauai has less than 10 ICU beds.. you have to.
Utah/Wyoming.. we were only in NW Utah for about a week but it was NOT lockdown.. people were living.

Short of people turning into zombies or falling dead in the street from the zeta variant, we are on a path to LESS restrictions across this country versus more. Yes, certain cities ... with certain leaders will try to implement more stringent measures. Watch how this goes. Gavin survived his recall (of course he would) but he had pissed 1.5M Californians off enough to sign that Recall. I live in a more liberal/affluent area and 95% of the people I hear/overhear talking about Gavin is not positive... he nuked small businesses in CA.... while big box, industrial, etc companies saw record profits.. funny how that happens... big $ donors not losing $ in a pandemic.. hmmm.

Outside of these cities.. people are getting back to normal.. knowing that COVID, for the foreseeable future, is part of normal life. But people are done with lockdowns and over the top restrictions. The more full stadiums we have every Saturday and Sunday.. the more it will become apparent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.