Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smigovsky

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2019
Vermont
Got an admission. It is the EDL that's a problem.
IMG_1464.PNG
IMG_1465.PNG
IMG_1466.PNG
IMG_1467.PNG

phantom5251

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2009
Michigan
Between the ID issues and folks with scores in 500-600 getting approved and those getting declined in 800’s, I highly doubt they’re going to have as many people locked into getting new iPhones as they originally hoped on the Apple Card, if they can’t fix this 30 days rigamarole.

BulkHedd

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2006
This is just very frustrating. Do we even know why some people have to provide identity verification and some don't?
I got a little angry when my boyfriend just, on a whim, applied and was instantly approved without having to provide any proof of ID. Even though his current address is different than what's on his license and he has a slightly lower score than me and less credit history overall.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Between the ID issues and folks with scores in 500-600 getting approved and those getting declined in 800’s, I highly doubt they’re going to have as many people locked into getting new iPhones as they originally hoped on the Apple Card, if they can’t fix this 30 days rigamarole.
You would think Apple would pressure GS to fix these ID issues so that the new iPhone being released in a few weeks will keep their customers happy.

Not to mention that Apple really needs iPhone sales during this lackluster year...

brianbbb97

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2019
New York, NY
I’m really confused and done trying with the Apple Card. I was in the test group and applied SUCCESSFULLY with a NY Real (enhanced) ID. It asked me to scan my ID and went through fine and was approved immediately. I declined the offer though because I realized my credit score hadn’t updated yet and recently had a huge payment so wanted to wait til after that hit to apply. I applied again with the same exact info, and my application was rejected for “unable to verify identity” after two days of pending review. I called and everyone I spoke to said there were no issues so to try again. Tried again and was instantly rejected for unable to verify identity. Tried again and now got the too many applications. Agent confirmed I’d have to wait 30 days to reapply and there’s nothing that can be done. He wouldn’t (or couldn’t) answer why my application had been approved once but rejected every other time.

Legend27

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2019
I’m really confused and done trying with the Apple Card. I was in the test group and applied SUCCESSFULLY with a NY Real (enhanced) ID. It asked me to scan my ID and went through fine and was approved immediately. I declined the offer though because I realized my credit score hadn’t updated yet and recently had a huge payment so wanted to wait til after that hit to apply. I applied again with the same exact info, and my application was rejected for “unable to verify identity” after two days of pending review. I called and everyone I spoke to said there were no issues so to try again. Tried again and was instantly rejected for unable to verify identity. Tried again and now got the too many applications. Agent confirmed I’d have to wait 30 days to reapply and there’s nothing that can be done. He wouldn’t (or couldn’t) answer why my application had been approved once but rejected every other time.
They are doing a system update rn so let’s see what it brings

sniffies

macrumors 603
Jul 31, 2005
somewhere warm, dark, and cozy
No matter the reasons, you should never decline an approved application so that you could re-apply later. The second time you get an approval, your credit limit will likely be cut in half (two people on MR have reported this).

What you should've done is accept the card, and just apply for credit increase down the road once you knew your credit score had rebounded from the hit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4sallypat

Legend27

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2019
No matter the reasons, you should never decline an approved application so that you could re-apply later. The second time you get an approval, your credit limit will likely be cut in half (two people on MR have reported this).

What you should've done is accept the card, and just apply for credit increase down the road once you knew your credit score had rebounded from the hit.
That’s not always the case, sometimes it bugs out and just gives a 250$ limit by default

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004

Not always. I applied to see what I would get, but then declined to think it over. Next day decided to go for it, got the same offer as the 1st.

urlgurl

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2019
Any new info on whether this has been fixed yet? I got the "unable to verify identity" message after trying to scan my Oregon DL 3 times last week. I'm hesitant to keep trying (as the Apple support rep instructed) because I don't want to be subject to a 30 day wait.

Reactions: Novaoblivion

Novaoblivion

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2006
Any new info on whether this has been fixed yet? I got the "unable to verify identity" message after trying to scan my Oregon DL 3 times last week. I'm hesitant to keep trying (as the Apple support rep instructed) because I don't want to be subject to a 30 day wait.

Unless someone else chimes in, I’d wait. I also have an Oregon DL and kept trying like they said to do. I’m now locked out for 30 days. Last I spoke to them they said that they have issues with IDs with holograms. But honestly their support people don’t seem to be well informed so who knows how accurate that is.

XCrystalMermaidX

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2019
I was approved, even have my physical card. First time I used the card number they "can't verify my identity". (Not to mention the bigotry and BS I got when I called in.) The Apple Card is a hot mess. It's been since Wednesday last week that they supposedly will "call me when the investigation is finished." Apple has been 0 help at all.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I was approved, even have my physical card. First time I used the card number they "can't verify my identity". (Not to mention the bigotry and BS I got when I called in.) The Apple Card is a hot mess. It's been since Wednesday last week that they supposedly will "call me when the investigation is finished." Apple has been 0 help at all.

Wow... care to explain "bigotry and BS"? Seems a bit incendiary, especially with no background information. Is Apple and Goldman Sachs biased against mermaids?

Reactions: 4sallypat

XCrystalMermaidX

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2019
Wow... care to explain "bigotry and BS"? Seems a bit incendiary, especially with no background information. Is Apple and Goldman Sachs biased against mermaids?

I have a male sounding voice. When I informed the agent that I was transgender it became apparent that they triggered something because of my voice. I was eventually escalated to their "Supervisor" whom intentionally misgendered me repeatedly and when corrected said "Whatever you want to call yourself." My experience with GS support has not been very good.

Smigovsky

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2019
Vermont
I have a male sounding voice. When I informed the agent that I was transgender it became apparent that they triggered something because of my voice. I was eventually escalated to their "Supervisor" whom intentionally misgendered me repeatedly and when corrected said "Whatever you want to call yourself." My experience with GS support has not been very good.

Similar experience with a supervisor on phone when mentioned my wife. Couldn’t handle two women married. Tone changed, put me on “hold” - hung up on me. GS has horrible customer service.

DWFaust, a simple “can you explain bigotry and bs” would suffice if you really wanted to know. Your snarky response is not helpful; it says a lot about your character and nothing about XCrystalMermaidX.

It’s unfortunate that Apple didn’t partner with a better company.

Last edited:

zhuskers1

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2012
The Apple Card Support is terrible. I will not use this card going forward. They can not even support text messaging as a primary method of notification. How can they reach you to verify a transaction??? Only email!! Not acceptable.

Only one payment method is allowed to pay your statement balance....... you can not use your bill pay service. Alos unacceptable!

Apple has introduced a card that is supported by 1970's service and support.

Last edited:

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
The Apple Card Support is terrible. I will not use this card going forward. They can not even support text messaging as a primary method of notification. How can they reach you to verify a transaction??? Only email!! Not acceptable.

Only one payment method is allowed to pay your statement balance....... you can not use your bill pay service. Alos unacceptable!

Apple has introduced a card that is supported by 1970's service and support.
Call them on the phone if text messaging and emails won't work for you:
877-255-5923

Krizata

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2019
So far what I have found out is that the enhanced drivers license (which I have) is not supported. After 4 calls/chats and 6 different support staff I was encouraged to keep trying later as they are working on enhancing their system.

Hope this clears things a bit for all of you that might be in the same boat as me.

urlgurl

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2019
Unless someone else chimes in, I’d wait. I also have an Oregon DL and kept trying like they said to do. I’m now locked out for 30 days. Last I spoke to them they said that they have issues with IDs with holograms. But honestly their support people don’t seem to be well informed so who knows how accurate that is.

Still get identity verification error today. Time to give up on Apple Card. Too bad because I was planning to use it for a large purchase from Apple.

urlgurl

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2019
File a complaint at the CFPB against Goldman Sachs Bank: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/ - that's the best action I say we could take at this point since they refuse to acknowledge or fix the issue.
That's an interesting suggestion; I wonder if it's worth a try. Anyway, Apple Support connected me to Goldman Sachs today, and that was totally unhelpful. GS says the ID verification is a known problem, but they cannot state what the problem is, nor when it may be resolved, nor how the consumer can learn when the problem is resolved, so as to avoid the 30-day suspension period.

XCrystalMermaidX

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2019
That's an interesting suggestion; I wonder if it's worth a try. Anyway, Apple Support connected me to Goldman Sachs today, and that was totally unhelpful. GS says the ID verification is a known problem, but they cannot state what the problem is, nor when it may be resolved, nor how the consumer can learn when the problem is resolved, so as to avoid the 30-day suspension period.

So far that has been my experience. GS won't give ANY information what so ever and it always end up in a "Don't call us, we'll call you." situation. Been about a week and a half since I had a denied charge and was put into "Investigation." So I have a card that is entirely useless :).

eXoenDo

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
I know they take it seriously, I called today as well to follow up on my internal complaint and they acknowledged that my account issues have been handed off to a "specialty team" due to my CFPB complaint that they received and she gave me the date they received it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.