Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Legend27

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2019
I know they take it seriously, I called today as well to follow up on my internal complaint and they acknowledged that my account issues have been handed off to a "specialty team" due to my CFPB complaint that they received and she gave me the date they received it.
New development? What does this mean?

Attachments

• 1124977D-2A4F-4039-8FC0-68FDD68D6563.png
    1124977D-2A4F-4039-8FC0-68FDD68D6563.png
    9 MB · Views: 424

Smigovsky

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2019
Vermont
eXoenDo, thanks for CFPB info. Just filed my complaint. See what happens.
For the record, received email from Apple Card Support on September 4th telling me I’m locked out for 30 days from the date of my August 22nd application attempt...so it took 2 weeks to formally notify me of the lockout despite multiple customer service reps telling me that during chats in August.

Reactions: prestigiouswireless

prestigiouswireless

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2019
California
For the record, received email from Apple Card Support on September 4th telling me I’m locked out for 30 days from the date of my August 22nd application attempt...so it took 2 weeks to formally notify me of the lockout despite multiple customer service reps telling me that during chats in August.

I didn’t even receive or email about it being 30 days

Legend27

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2019
Click it. Typically you are approved with an offer if you see that message and it'll show you your offer...which is odd if you were having the ID issues and never saw the offer?
It turns out the thing was a bug

eXoenDo

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
Of course, hope it helps Smigovsky. Still waiting for their official response to me. Make sure you allow your comments to be public if/when it asks....if for no other reason than to call them out publicly in an official venue.
I didn’t even receive or email about it being 30 days
They don't officially tell you 30 days in the email. I've been told by several different phone reps that it's 30 days though.
It turns out the thing was a bug
That's REALLY annoying, they need to get this stuff fixed.

Legend27

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2019
Of course, hope it helps Smigovsky. Still waiting for their official response to me. Make sure you allow your comments to be public if/when it asks....if for no other reason than to call them out publicly in an official venue.

They don't officially tell you 30 days in the email. I've been told by several different phone reps that it's 30 days though.

That's REALLY annoying, they need to get this stuff fixed.
This is never gonna get fixed

eXoenDo

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
Official response from Goldman Sachs to my CFPB complaint today: "We have only implemented manual reviews in New York State and the U.S. Virgin Islands Territories at this time due to issues with those IDs. Your state (Minnesota) is not under the manual review process. You are welcome to reapply when your 30-day wait period is up."

Legend27

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2019
Official response from Goldman Sachs to my CFPB complaint today: "We have only implemented manual reviews in New York State and the U.S. Virgin Islands Territories at this time due to issues with those IDs. Your state (Minnesota) is not under the manual review process. You are welcome to reapply when your 30-day wait period is up."
Damn why is gs so harsh...

XCrystalMermaidX

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2019
I put in my complaint and also called out when the "supervisor" was an ******* about my gender on the phone. Made it public as well. We will see. It still warps my brain that I had a card, was able to successfully use it, then when I call in and have a call go south because of having a masculine voice I suddenly "can't be verified" and have had no contact from GS.

Wonder if Apple is even aware of this...

I have an active complaint with apple that they have stopped following up on. I was scheduled to have another call back on Saturday they I didn't receive a call on. So there is at least one customer relations ticket on it for sure.

eXoenDo

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
My 30 days was up yesterday. So I applied just now and it’s me go through. Still got my original response that “it cannot verify my identity”
Great to know they still haven't fixed it. Have you tried the passport trick? Use the photo page as "Front" and the Signature page as "Back". That has oddly worked for some people.

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
I was approved, even have my physical card. First time I used the card number they "can't verify my identity". (Not to mention the bigotry and BS I got when I called in.) The Apple Card is a hot mess. It's been since Wednesday last week that they supposedly will "call me when the investigation is finished." Apple has been 0 help at all.

I’m in the same boat. It’s ridiculous. I’ve been handed off back and forth between chat and phone support. The most info I’ve managed to get out of them is that my account is flagged as “pending deceased” which means for some reason they think I might be dead.

In order to prove that I’m alive they wanted me to send a bank statement via chat with the fraud dept. Back to “in investigation, we’ll let you know when we’re done”

eXoenDo

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
It never asks me for a ID
Ugh, sorry, I thought it was asking you for ID before you got that. That's completely baffling then as to how it comes up with it can't identify you.

I’m in the same boat. It’s ridiculous. I’ve been handed off back and forth between chat and phone support. The most info I’ve managed to get out of them is that my account is flagged as “pending deceased” which means for some reason they think I might be dead.

In order to prove that I’m alive they wanted me to send a bank statement via chat with the fraud dept. Back to “in investigation, we’ll let you know when we’re done”
That's the first i've seen someone say that. Crazy that they need more time to investigate after you've proved you're very much alive.

prestigiouswireless

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2019
California
Ugh, sorry, I thought it was asking you for ID before you got that. That's completely baffling then as to how it comes up with it can't identify you.

That's the first i've seen someone say that. Crazy that they need more time to investigate after you've proved you're very much alive.

Yea not sure what’s up with that

XCrystalMermaidX

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2019
Apple has been less than helpful in my case. Had a rude email from Customer Relations that when another individual saw it on my file, I didn't even have to say anything and they reported it. Apparently the cfpb is on the case. We shall see what mine turns out to be.

phantom5251

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2009
Michigan
So this thing with the too many attempts, it sounds like it still hasn’t been fixed yet. Mine is up on the 30th (was also flagged for too many attempts), but sounds like it’s not even worth attempting then either. Is this more on GS or Apple at this point? Or both? And I love how they’d always say to talk to TransUnion – TransUnion can’t fix GS’ issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.