Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GuitarDTO

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
Call me a sap, but I still like the parenthood one best. Addicting song that fits the commercial perfectly, and so many real world examples of how people really use their iPhones. The flash card scene of the traveling mother, and using as a baby monitor. I've witness both first hand.
"I'm living the life of dreams"

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
iOS dominates aviation use.

And it is perfectly legat per FAA rules.

That so useful to me.
I'm always looking for a phone with legal FAA approval.
Sod batter life, or screen size, or what apps I can and cannot use.
Can I fly a plane with it, is all the matters !!

:D

HarryWarden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
Well, Apple doesn't have a new product in the iOS line to advertise so their options are limited if they want to even bother advertising. Really though, at this point, they probably don't need to bother with advertising unless they do have a new product. Maybe they should bring back Justin Long, this time as the iOS guy vs. the Android guy...

PocketSand11

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2014
~/
I really really wish they would stop, in so many of their adverts now, showing what the iPhone can do if you buy other people's hardware to add onto it.

Basically just making the phone a display device that runs some software.

Then at the end of the advert in micro writing for just 1.5 seconds on screen that "Other hardware may be required"

Same here. I don't think I know anyone who uses hardware attachments other than battery cases. It's like they're saying, "If you buy this, look at all the stuff you can buy!"

Last edited:

1800AirTAG

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2014
They should be insulting Samsung users and poking fun at Microsoft :D.

They don't really need to. Samsung and Microsoft only bash Apple because they need to bully someone to make their product look like more than it really is.
Apple just shows what it is, and since it is already the best (yes with some flaws but still the best) - it sells itself without needing to pick on anyone.

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Really? Please tell me step by step how you REPLY (per my original post) to an email and then attach a document (without the workaround of creating a new email through a sandboxed app and then trying to copy the document, going back to the other email you are replying to and pasting it and hope it works).

Plenty of mail apps let you do this. Here's a free one:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/seed-mail-best-email-client/id579924224?mt=8

Here's another:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mailbox/id576502633?mt=8

Even the free gmail app lets you do this.

PocketSand11

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2014
~/
Does it show actual business people Replying to an email and not being able to attach a file?

You mean images or documents? You can attach images/videos directly but not documents. Then again, I've never needed to attach a document, so I didn't know that.

PocketSand11

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2014
~/
Plenty of mail apps let you do this. Here's a free one:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/seed-mail-best-email-client/id579924224?mt=8

Here's another:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mailbox/id576502633?mt=8

Even the free gmail app lets you do this.

I wouldn't want to rely on third-party mail apps, especially Gmail since it only works with Gmail accounts.

----------

What?? No mention of beats! What is wrong with Apple? :rolleyes:

They're embarrassed.

Mtmspa

Suspended
May 13, 2013
Once again, this ad only applies to the six people using Apps like this. For the mass, this is not a very effective way to sell a product. That ad didn't convince me to buy an iPhone. Its an ad I wouldn't waste my time watching.

Why not make an ad that focuses on the product that is being sold, and what makes the product great, unique features, and how it is a good fit. I almost like the Scamscum advertisements for this reasons. They highlight the pros of their product. Not that I would ever buy a Scamscum product though. It still doesn't compare to iPhone.

On the bright side, the music was a good choice, and it did show six (although rare) instances where the iPhone comes into use that fit right into these six people's life style. Again, not sure that the millions of iPhone owners actually care though.

Yeah, there are only six people in the universe that use the phone this way. Billions of people and only 1 doctor, pilot, painter, vet, etc. exist.

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
That so useful to me.
I'm always looking for a phone with legal FAA approval.
Sod batter life, or screen size, or what apps I can and cannot use.
Can I fly a plane with it, is all the matters !!

Maybe one day you on a flight and pilots are knocked out!
You bravely whip out your awesome iPhone, download the apps, and fly the jet to safe landing!

Mtmspa

Suspended
May 13, 2013
The point of these ads are to show that the iPhone is a handheld computer that can do amazing things and not just a device to make calls and text. I am a mid west conservative and I get the point. 3 years ago did anyone think your phone would be able to do what it does today? Apple wants people to thing of the possibilities, not the features that other devices have or don't have.

Mtmspa

Suspended
May 13, 2013
I see the self-styled creative director brigade is out today.

Mixed in with a few people that can't afford the iPhone and are jealous.

----------

Exactly! The iPhone struggles in basic day to day tasks.

But hey! I can measure how fast the wind is blowing when I'm on my yacht!

:rolleyes:

Maybe you ****** should make an appointment at the Apple Store and get some training. I am sure the grandma's there will help you to.

zippyzoom

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2009
Once again, this ad only applies to the six people using Apps like this. For the mass, this is not a very effective way to sell a product. That ad didn't convince me to buy an iPhone. Its an ad I wouldn't waste my time watching.

Why not make an ad that focuses on the product that is being sold, and what makes the product great, unique features, and how it is a good fit. I almost like the Scamscum advertisements for this reasons. They highlight the pros of their product. Not that I would ever buy a Scamscum product though. It still doesn't compare to iPhone.

On the bright side, the music was a good choice, and it did show six (although rare) instances where the iPhone comes into use that fit right into these six people's life style. Again, not sure that the millions of iPhone owners actually care though.

I would like to politely disagree. Features/focus on the product may entice you, but that doesn't really convey a brand; features and products can be copied, but ideas are more difficult to imitate. Look at all the major succesful companies in the world - sell the lifestyle first, product second.

iChrist

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2011
3 countries for tax benefit
Maybe you ****** should make an appointment at the Apple Store and get some training. I am sure the grandma's there will help you to.

What are the ***** for? And I never saw old people working in Apple Stores?

I think you should stay on topic and try to proofread your posts. Just a helpful tip, we are all friends here :)

iPhone is easy to use, but is not focused on doing important things and Apple does not support independent developers with the App Store set up.

ElTorro

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2013
Don't get this app focused advertisement. These apps are available for Android too, so what's the point?

ctyrider

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2012
Really? Please tell me step by step how you REPLY (per my original post) to an email and then attach a document (without the workaround of creating a new email through a sandboxed app and then trying to copy the document, going back to the other email you are replying to and pasting it and hope it works).

You can attach photos or videos directly, when responding to an e-mail. Long-press on the message body, then tap on the right-facing arrow of the dialog, and you will be given an option to attach photos/videos.

Attaching other files (PDFs, etc) when replying to a message requires an extra steps, which you describe.. But it does work fine - I have emailed numerous PDF and Word docs this way.. never a problem.

flottenheimer

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2008
Up north
Nice ad.

Longing to see something more upbeat/happy from Apple though (a la iPod silhouette dancers) - which is way harder to do right than this. Or something downright brilliant (a la Think Different).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.