Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Razorpit

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2021
You seem to have mistaken this site for Infowars or OANN. Your comment is not only vile but inaccurate as well.
To this day the only discussion on mainstream media is the shot and multiple boosters. You never hear the discussion of losing weight, getting exercise (especially now that summer is here for the northern hemisphere), eating right, vitamin D, zinc, all things that have been proven to make a significant difference in your chances of surviving a bad cold.

Doesn’t matter if it’s Infowars, OANN, or CNN. That message needs to be repeated over and over.

code-m

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2006
Does something labeled as a 'gaffe' really need explanation?

We had Trump as President for an entire 4 years prior to this occurring, he said dumb things every time he opened his mouth.
Why are you comparing the previous President to the present? Either live in the present with your assertion or admit that your comment was a mistake instead of defending it with rhetoric. Tell me has Biden apologised for his misinformation or disinformation comment.

code-m

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2006
To this day the only discussion on mainstream media is the shot and multiple boosters. You never hear the discussion of losing weight, getting exercise (especially now that summer is here for the northern hemisphere), eating right, vitamin D, zinc, all things that have been proven to make a significant difference in your chances of surviving a bad cold.

Doesn’t matter if it’s Infowars, OANN, or CNN. That message needs to be repeated over and over.
What is that thing about doing something over and over again and expecting a different outcome everytime? 🤔😝

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2019
This seems to vary from line to line, and possibly time of day. Rush hours you might see a higher mask rate, other times, I am often the only masked individual in the subway car.

I take the E, F, M, R, 4, 5, 6, and 7 trains, mostly traveling between Queens and Manhattan. Are masking rates higher in the other 2 boroughs the MTA trains can reach?

I'm on the A/C/F so I take it from BK to the city and it's probably about 60-75% depending on time of day. It drops in Manhattan because it's tourist season. And Staten Islanders are mostly commute to and in Manhattan vs BK.

Reactions: C00rDiNaT0r

BootsWalking

macrumors 68020
Feb 1, 2014

There were countless stories in the media about COVID's comorbidities, including obesity, and hypertension. Did you know that anxiety was a leading comorbidity as well? Perhaps we should have told people to stop be anxious <grin>

What does a bad cold have to do with COVID?

• Haha
Reactions: Boyyai

code-m

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2006
Yes, as already mentioned - something labeled as a gaffe is definitely not evidence of anything other than a gaffe. It was ALWAYS listed by its efficacy, which was never 100%. Use some critical thinking.
RRR versus ARR, questionable trials, removal of the control groups, participants unaccounted for, etc etc. Whatever one chooses to believe the matter of the fact being was that it was and still is a leaky injection and bombastic claims have been made that it would end it all and questionable mandates imposed on the masses. But hey as long as the stakeholder are rolling in the publicly funded and future debt what’s the problem.

Here is CNN on the injection and climate change.

eatrains

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2006
Either the blinders are on voluntarily or the information feed streams algorithm is working very well on you. 😝🤣
All you have to do is give me a number. How much did each doctor profit when they lied and put down covid on a death certificate?

Reactions: iPode

code-m

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2006
NY had an increase in infections during the Month of March and early April and we didn't reimpose mask mandates. What happened? Cases magically went down after a few weeks, sorta like a cinderblock being dropped into a lake. It's almost like the germ comes in waves despite a requirement that people wear a $0.99 mask on their face.

I don't feel sorry for Californians at all. You re-elected Newsome and keep electing folks like Pelosi... You have the highest gas prices of all US States, the worst air quality in the nation, the highest taxes, and you're the only state left that really has an issue with Covid-19. Enjoy your masks, wildfires, and $8.99 a gallon gas.
California people who have a problem with $8.99 a gallon tax will purchase an EV that costs more and when the price of electricity goes up what will those EV people do purchase expensive solar panels. California is like a soap opera disaster prolonged and a joke at best.

BuffaloTF

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2008
Calling a flat out lie a gaffe does not make it so.

People were fired over this. People lost their businesses and/or lively hood over these multiple “gaffes”. Are they going to get their jobs back since the decision to fire them was based on gaffes from the president, Fauci, Birks, CDC, NIH, etc? Use some critical thinking.
What are you talking about? Making false allegories? It was never, ever, stated to be guaranteed immunity. At the time Pfizer first came available in December 2020, the reported efficacy was 97%. That’s not 100%. Moderna, the following February, was 95%. That’s not 100%.

People being too dumb to get vaccinated and losing their jobs is on themselves and them alone. The outright disappearance of the alpha and delta variants is proof enough of their folly.

BuffaloTF

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2008
If Fögen or the the paper “Forgen Effect” theory is a fraud I welcome your submission contesting the findings or an alternate paper submitted by you. I am waiting.
Yeah, that’s not how it works. Which is why it’s a fraud. There’s nothing other than the work of 1 man, not peer-reviewed, who has only ever submitted 1 research paper in his lifetime, who is an utter ghost on planet earth otherwise, to support even his own claim. I don’t need to write an alternate paper, the lack of support to his speaks volumes. And the fact it runs counter to decades of research in a time of misinformation should throw up red flags to anyone with 2 firing brain cells.

• Haha
Reactions: Boyyai and I7guy

BuffaloTF

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2008
Why are you comparing the previous President to the present? Either live in the present with your assertion or admit that your comment was a mistake instead of defending it with rhetoric. Tell me has Biden apologised for his misinformation or disinformation comment.
I’m sorry. Did I not say it was a gaffe? Was that not clear? Were even the producers of the vaccines ever on record of saying 100% efficacy? That’d be a pretty damn strong advertisement, you know, claiming flawless development. I’m sure they must’ve used that term since you’re so certain it was guaranteed. Share that with me!

Hessian

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2004
Free healthcare in the UK means that we haven’t thought about Covid for a very long time. UK gave 21 free at home tests per month to each person 1.5 years before the US gave 2 for everyone. I think the last restrictions here was lifted over a year ago. Sad to see the richest state in history in the richest country in history is still dealing with this…all over a lie that free healthcare will completely backup the healthcare system. We in Europe are not as brilliant as you all in the states and have figured it out. Is it perfect? No, but what you’re going through is in deep need of change.
Subsidized.

And not seeing how that or free home tests helps with the herd immunity and state we are currently in. Delays by staying at home didn't fix anything.

Reactions: GuruZac

GuruZac

macrumors 68040
Sep 9, 2015
⛰️🏕️🏔️
All you have to do is give me a number. How much did each doctor profit when they lied and put down covid on a death certificate?
None. We aren’t allowed to ‘check a box’ for CoD. That, like many things surrounding COVID-19 is patently false. Doctors don’t profit off of patient‘s dying. The government set up a reimbursement system that did provide more for patients admitted for COVID because those patients, especially in the beginning of the pandemic did in fact require far more resources. If anyone prospered off of COVID-19 it was Amazon, Apple, Google, politicians, health insurance agencies, and hospital administration. Damn sure was not the one taking care of the patient.

Reactions: code-m and I7guy

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Subsidized.

And not seeing how that or free home tests helps with the herd immunity and state we are currently in. Delays by staying at home didn't fix anything.
Better off to just let everyone get it and move on. I said that from day one. Let it kill who it's going to kill and get back to normal. Those that die would eventually die from it at some point anyway.

Razorpit

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2021
What are you talking about? Making false allegories? It was never, ever, stated to be guaranteed immunity. At the time Pfizer first came available in December 2020, the reported efficacy was 97%. That’s not 100%. Moderna, the following February, was 95%. That’s not 100%.

People being too dumb to get vaccinated and losing their jobs is on themselves and them alone. The outright disappearance of the alpha and delta variants is proof enough of their folly.
Those efficacy numbers don’t mean what you think they mean. You need to do some research in how they came about them and what they actually mean. They are an absolute joke.

BootsWalking

macrumors 68020
Feb 1, 2014
There are exceptions to everything. People have died having their tonsils taken out, that doesn't mean it's something to waste your time worrying about.
Between March 2020 and 2021, 4,899,447 Americans were hospitalized with COVID. Of those, 81.9% had one or more of nine comorbidities. That means 18.1% were otherwise healthy, which represents 886,805 people. That's not consistent with an exception.

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2021/21_0123.htm

Reactions: I7guy

Razorpit

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2021
There were countless stories in the media about COVID's comorbidities, including obesity, and hypertension. Did you know that anxiety was a leading comorbidity as well? Perhaps we should have told people to stop be anxious <grin>

What does a bad cold have to do with COVID?

Few questioned why so many false positives. Few questioned why PCR tests couldn’t distinguish the common cold from COVID. Some light reading from the “experts”. 🙄

BootsWalking

macrumors 68020
Feb 1, 2014
Few questioned why so many false positives. Few questioned why PCR tests couldn’t distinguish the common cold from COVID. Some light reading from the “experts”. 🙄

Hospitals diagnose COVID-19 based on testing. Citation of those tests having "many false positives" please?

BuffaloTF

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2008
Those efficacy numbers don’t mean what you think they mean. You need to do some research in how they came about them and what they actually mean. They are an absolute joke.
Except… they do mean exactly what I think they mean. The chance of producing the desired outcome. And since it was always less than 100%, it was never guaranteed whether your personal opinion is they are accurate, or they are “a joke”. Mind you, I’ll reiterate that alpha and delta have basically disappeared. So I’d say the desired outcome has been met.

Naraxus

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2016
Yeah, I fell for the official line for the first few months and even got the J&J shot but have moved on. COVID is over. The US should be a leader but is instead a laggard. There is no reason not to let Novac Djokovic play at the US Open. He’s a healthy 35-year old who just won Wimbledon.

Looking back, I regret buying all those masks and going along with the Amazon/Grubhub deliveries. I did try to make up for it going to “speakeasies” during 2021 when the mayor banned indoor dining and again in 2022 driving to Indiana to avoid mask and vaccine mandates.
So what you're really saying is that your a selfish tool. Got it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.