Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
So what you're saying is : I shouldn't go with apple as there are better alternatives ? For the record, I do have Samsung S21 fe and Poco X3 pro with a gaming PC , but honestly the only thing that appeals to me from apple is their longevity, I don't always have money to purchase latest tech and I'm still a college student so that's why I wanted to invest in an entire apple ecosystem to save me the hustle of purchasing new tech every 2 years lol
Windows PCs have substantially greater longevity. A Windows PC made in 2013 can still run a supported version of Windows today (and will still be able to until 2025). A Mac made in 2013 cannot still run a supported version of macOS (though, it can still run that same version of Windows until 2025).

iPhones tend to have longer periods of OS support, but both iPhone and Android have similar security update support durations. Your mileage obviously varies on the Android front. However, in both cases, your phone will generally develop issues prompting you to want to replace it well before it can't run the latest OS anyway. Battery performance over two years of ownership will degrade noticeably and then ever more so over the next three years thereafter. And if you live in a country where there is no Apple presence, good luck changing that battery. So, yeah, you don't really get much extra (if any) longevity when it comes to switching from Samsung to Apple for phones.

If you are having to replace your gaming PC every two years, you either didn't shop for it correctly the first time or your needs are seriously high end (way more so 256GB of SSD and 8GB of RAM).

On the tablet side of things, Samsung tablets generally run okay for the first year (still nowhere near as well as an iPad will) and there isn't really any other strong competition out there (and virtually none at all on the iPad mini side of things). But they're generally not using as fast of computing guts as their phones use and the experience will degrade faster. iPads really are king. Also, if longevity really is your top concern, consider the following:

iOS 16 - Only supports iPhones introduced in Fall 2017 or newer

macOS Ventura - Only supports Macs introduced in 2017 or newer

iPadOS 16 - Supports iPad Pros from 2015 and all other iPads introduced in 2016 or newer

That likely will even out, but right now, of the three, iPadOS is winning the oldest supported device award.

Reactions: SloumaGamer

SloumaGamer

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2023
Windows PCs have substantially greater longevity. A Windows PC made in 2013 can still run a supported version of Windows today (and will still be able to until 2025). A Mac made in 2013 cannot still run a supported version of macOS (though, it can still run that same version of Windows until 2025).

iPhones tend to have longer periods of OS support, but both iPhone and Android have similar security update support durations. Your mileage obviously varies on the Android front. However, in both cases, your phone will generally develop issues prompting you to want to replace it well before it can't run the latest OS anyway. Battery performance over two years of ownership will degrade noticeably and then ever more so over the next three years thereafter. And if you live in a country where there is no Apple presence, good luck changing that battery. So, yeah, you don't really get much extra (if any) longevity when it comes to switching from Samsung to Apple for phones.

If you are having to replace your gaming PC every two years, you either didn't shop for it correctly the first time or your needs are seriously high end (way more so 256GB of SSD and 8GB of RAM).

On the tablet side of things, Samsung tablets generally run okay for the first year (still nowhere near as well as an iPad will) and there isn't really any other strong competition out there (and virtually none at all on the iPad mini side of things). But they're generally not using as fast of computing guts as their phones use and the experience will degrade faster. iPads really are king. Also, if longevity really is your top concern, consider the following:

iOS 16 - Only supports iPhones introduced in Fall 2017 or newer

macOS Ventura - Only supports Macs introduced in 2017 or newer

iPadOS 16 - Supports iPad Pros from 2015 and all other iPads introduced in 2016 or newer

That likely will even out, but right now, of the three, iPadOS is winning the oldest supported device award.
Thanks!

rafark

macrumors 68000
Sep 1, 2017
Depends on if you like having a lot of phone functions moved to your watch.

Grand+Unified+Theory+of+Apple+Products+%28Above+Avalon%29

The Apple Watch can be used to move texts, notifications, calls, and other functions you quickly access. It can also be used for health tracking. But utlimately it's up to you. You can skip the watch for now and the money used to get a better Mac or iPhone.
“Formerly given to the iPad”. The iPhone came first. The disrespect omg. 😵

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
iPhones tend to have longer periods of OS support, but both iPhone and Android have similar security update support durations. Your mileage obviously varies on the Android front. However, in both cases, your phone will generally develop issues prompting you to want to replace it well before it can't run the latest OS anyway.
The other thing I forgot to mention that is somewhat important is that Android apps maintain support for older Android versions way more than iOS apps do for older iOS releases. If you are one or two OS versions behind, a handful of apps won't get updates at all. Depending on the app, that could break something you rely on your phone to do. If you are three or four versions behind, more apps will not be updated. Your mileage may vary, but that could reduce a significant amount of functionality to your phone. Eventually, only stock apps will work and the phone will run like crap. I had an old Android phone that used to be my work phone (that since became an over-glorified portable alarm clock). The apps it could run always got updates. The only reason I discarded it in favor of a different device to serve that purpose was that it was slow when it was new and the app updates were not helping.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Hi everyone 👋 I'm saving up to get myself a full apple ecosystem at the end of 2023 (iphone,ipad,MacBook,airpods) and I wanna hear your opinion on some questions that I have :
1) how long will my products receive updates for ? ( I'm thinking about getting either the iphone SE 3rd gen 2022 since it has the newest chip or an iphone 11 , but couldn't choose from between , I want something that last but at the same time the iphone SE is small and feels outdated design wise / MacBook air M1 or m2 ? Both are 8gb and 265gb , I'm using them for coding and machine learning / ipad 9th gen 64gb / airpods 2nd gen )
Thank you in advance 🙏
P.S : I'm coming from a third world country, so we don't have access to the latest apple tech and even if we did they're so expensive so there's that , so no need to tell me to get the latest products please
First question would be, what's your goal for having an all Apple ecosystem? And then what's your budget and priorities? I'm assuming there's no official Apple presence in your country, so warranty and repair options (or lack of) should be considered as well.

General recommendations:
Without any further info, I would tend to prioritize a laptop, in this case, a MacBook. MacBook can function without iphone, but an iphone requires a Mac or PC for troubleshooting problems.
For base models, I would get the M1 MacBook Air. It's cheaper, and its SSD is not neutered like the M2 model.

Next, iphone. Sounds like you want the cheapest. The 2022 SE has newer SoC and 5G, but as a phone, the 11 imo is better. It has modern design, dual camera, and most importantly, better battery life. If you are buying an iPhone just because, then the SE imo is fine. But if you're buying an iPhone in order to use it as daily driver, the 11 might be the better choice.

So, assuming US MSRP
Base M1 Macbook Air: $999
Base iPhone SE 2022: $429
You are already need to spend at least $1428. And that's only for a phone with 64GB storage, and a laptop with 256GB storage. Not counting accessories.

Think and budget wisely, especially if you want other stuff like iPads, Airpods, Apple Watch, etc.

Here's the basic complete Apple setup I would personally get for quite comfortable and enjoyable usage overall (and using US MSRP, rounded up):
- M1 Macbook Air 16/512: $1400
- iPhone 13 256: $800
- iPad Air wifi 64 + Apple Pencil 2: $730
- 44mm Apple Watch SE: $280
- Airpods Pro 2: $250
Grand total: $3460, excluding accessories. Adding accessories, taxes, mark up prices in your country, I would try to save at least $4000 USD. And these will actually give you a very comfortable setup instead of the bare minimum. If you are going to save and spend that large amount of money, don't make yourself miserable by getting the entry level stuff like a laptop with 8GB RAM or an iPhone SE.

Last edited:

TracerAnalog

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2012
Not for now , I'm just starting with those I mentioned above , what about the airpods 2nd gen? , also thanks for helping me decide 🙏 even though it's still a long time until the end of the year lol
All the battery powered tech needs battery replacement at some time. Airpods are the ‘weakest’ in that respect (due to their miniscule batteries), and the Macbooks the strongest. In my personal experiences the Airpods last two years, the Apple Watch three, the iPhone three, the iPad five, and the Macbook seven years before the batteries need replacing. Keep that in mind if access to spare parts such as batteries are an issue.

As usual, other people have other experiences. Especially heat shortens battery lifespan.

Hobbes44

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2011
Hi everyone 👋 I'm saving up to get myself a full apple ecosystem at the end of 2023 (iphone,ipad,MacBook,airpods) and I wanna hear your opinion on some questions that I have :
1) how long will my products receive updates for ? ( I'm thinking about getting either the iphone SE 3rd gen 2022 since it has the newest chip or an iphone 11 , but couldn't choose from between , I want something that last but at the same time the iphone SE is small and feels outdated design wise / MacBook air M1 or m2 ? Both are 8gb and 265gb , I'm using them for coding and machine learning / ipad 9th gen 64gb / airpods 2nd gen )
Thank you in advance 🙏
P.S : I'm coming from a third world country, so we don't have access to the latest apple tech and even if we did they're so expensive so there's that , so no need to tell me to get the latest products please
If you’re looking to do this on a budget, shop around for last year’s models.

Mac Mini will he way better for you if you can do with a desktop - pair with a 3rd party screen and input devices. If not, M1 MacBook Air but with 16GB RAM.

Iphone 13 or 13 pro will be ideal for you and will still get a decent few years updates.

I would skip Apple watch unless you’re tracking workouts a lot - look into a Mi Band or other if it’s just for notifications and light workouts.

AirPods will be very handy above 3rd party earbuds because you pair to your iCloud account so they’re automatically connected to whatever you need - 3rd party ones have to be disconnected before connecting to anything else - it’s a small quality of life thing for something you’ll be using a lot.

Ipad - go with a base model or mac, the air…if you can get a cheap 2nd hand mini, even better.

Good luck!

StrollerEd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2011
Scotland
OK, let's all start again: what are your use cases? What do you want (or perhaps, even need) these devices for?

(As for budget, availability and after sales support, they are *just* constraints, and are either fixed or flexible.)

Here are my use cases - which may or may not chime with you.

I mainly use my MacBook as my sole, or preferred, device for producing text, graphics and doing sums plus my main device for sending and reviewing email and interacting with social media as well as consuming video etc. It is both a 'desktop' I use on my lap and is sufficiently light and convenient to take with me when traveling: the MacBook Air is better for travel but may or may not be sufficient for those other purposes - probably it is for most folks.

I turn to use my iPhone as my first and preferred device, mainly to check email, WhatsApp/sms and other comms and notifications and to consume media, including news, turning to my laptop when I want to be back in production (rather than consumption) mode, as I am now. I also use it to take photos, in preference to a dedicated camera, as it is the camera I have with me: that is so much the case that I bought the iPhone 12 Pro when it first came out; I did not *need* or even want to upgrade to the 13 or 14. I very occasionally use it as a telephone ;). I have pockets and my iPhone goes with me almost all the time.

My AppleID and iCloud, and bluetooth and the usb cable, connect these two devices into an enjoyable and efficient ecosystem. Of course I use wifi when I can but having the iPhone means that I can tether that to the MacBook when I *need* to access the internet when no wifi is available.

I don't wear a watch (or jewellery) - Mostly I don't *need* to know then exact time, I usually have a fairly good idea of the approximate time and I use my iPhone both to remind me in advance of appointments and to tell me the exact time. I did wear a watch when I was a sports diver, always when underwater, rarely when not.

Do you have any use cases in excess of those?

PS I have been able to keep versions of each of those two devices for in excess of 5 years before upgrading, opting in each instance to pass on my old and still functional device to a relative.

PPS I do have an iPad Pro which I bought to use for traveling etc but even with the keyboard it was not satisfactory. I rarely use it. My partner only has an iPad mini which she uses mainly for communication purposes and occasionally to consume media.

I do have AirPod Pro which I really enjoy using with both devices. I have looked at the option of getting an Apple Watch but have not even tried one on. Having had a Fitbit I get the health exercise use case but I disliked having to wear it ;)

Last edited:

SloumaGamer

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2023
OK, let's all start again: what are your use cases? What do you want (or perhaps, even need) these devices for?

(As for budget, availability and after sales support, they are *just* constraints, and are either fixed or flexible.)

Here are my use cases - which may or may not chime with you.

I mainly use my MacBook as my sole, or preferred, device for producing text, graphics and doing sums plus my main device for sending and reviewing email and interacting with social media as well as consuming video etc. It is both a 'desktop' I use on my lap and is sufficiently light and convenient to take with me when traveling: the MacBook Air is better for travel but may or may not be sufficient for those other purposes - probably it is for most folks.

I turn to use my iPhone as my first and preferred device, mainly to check email, WhatsApp/sms and other comms and notifications and to consume media, including news, turning to my laptop when I want to be back in production (rather than consumption) mode, as I am now. I also use it to take photos, in preference to a dedicated camera, as it is the camera I have with me: that is so much the case that I bought the iPhone 12 Pro when it first came out; I did not *need* or even want to upgrade to the 13 or 14. I very occasionally use it as a telephone ;). I have pockets and my iPhone goes with me almost all the time.

My AppleID and iCloud, and bluetooth and the usb cable, connect these two devices into an enjoyable and efficient ecosystem. Of course I use wifi when I can but having the iPhone means that I can tether that to the MacBook when I *need* to access the internet when no wifi is available.

I don't wear a watch (or jewellery) - Mostly I don't *need* to know then exact time, I usually have a fairly good idea of the approximate time and I use my iPhone both to remind me in advance of appointments and to tell me the exact time. I did wear a watch when I was a sports diver, always when underwater, rarely when not.

Do you have any use cases in excess of those?

PS I have been able to keep versions of each of those two devices for in excess of 5 years before upgrading, opting in each instance to pass on my old and still functional device to a relative.

PPS I do have an iPad Pro which I bought to use for traveling etc but even with the keyboard it was not satisfactory. I rarely use it. My partner only has an iPad mini which she uses mainly for communication purposes and occasionally to consume media.
I will mainly use the MacBook and ipad for studies/browsing and some light gaming on the go , as for the iphone/airpods/apple watch , those will be my daily companions , as I'm going to view mail , play with them , listen to music , take photos etc

StrollerEd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2011
Scotland
I will mainly use the MacBook and ipad for studies/browsing and some light gaming on the go , as for the iphone/airpods/apple watch , those will be my daily companions , as I'm going to view mail , play with them , listen to music , take photos etc
May I suggest again that you do not really need the iPad - unless the gaming demands it. Yes, I forgot to mention listing to music, which I do from either iPhone or MacBook via those AirPods . imho Watch is bling - but that might also be important for some folk ;)

SloumaGamer

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2023
If you’re looking to do this on a budget, shop around for last year’s models.

Mac Mini will he way better for you if you can do with a desktop - pair with a 3rd party screen and input devices. If not, M1 MacBook Air but with 16GB RAM.

Iphone 13 or 13 pro will be ideal for you and will still get a decent few years updates.

I would skip Apple watch unless you’re tracking workouts a lot - look into a Mi Band or other if it’s just for notifications and light workouts.

AirPods will be very handy above 3rd party earbuds because you pair to your iCloud account so they’re automatically connected to whatever you need - 3rd party ones have to be disconnected before connecting to anything else - it’s a small quality of life thing for something you’ll be using a lot.

Ipad - go with a base model or mac, the air…if you can get a cheap 2nd hand mini, even better.

Good luck!
Unfortunately in my country they only sell the base model which is 8gb , as for the iphone 13 13 mini , I've looked into those and those are way above my budget for now , that's why I'm picking the SE ^^" as for the airpods , some told me here it's not even a necessity as I can pair any Bluetooth earbuds with my devices , and for the watch , I like how you can take notes and view the map as well as watch ytb on it (even though it's a tiny screen lol) 😂 , so that's why I'm considering it in favor of the airpods

StrollerEd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2011
Scotland
If you are convinced that you will get a Watch then the Apple AirPods are a must to have the ecosystem advantages.

SloumaGamer

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2023
May I suggest again that you do not really need the iPad - unless the gaming demands it. Yes, I forgot to mention listing to music, which I do from either iPhone or MacBook via those AirPods . imho Watch is bling - but that might also be important for some folk ;)
That's the thing , since the iphone SE 3 has a tiny screen , I want to game on a larger screen while in bed or on the go , and honestly I always wanted to get one but couldn't , but since I found that the ipad 9th gen is quite cheap compared to the others , I set my mind to get one lol

SloumaGamer

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2023
If you are convinced that you will get a Watch then the Apple AirPods are a must to have the ecosystem advantages.
I can't get both the watch and airpods , which is essential than the other from the point of a ecosystem?

SloumaGamer

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2023
All the battery powered tech needs battery replacement at some time. Airpods are the ‘weakest’ in that respect (due to their miniscule batteries), and the Macbooks the strongest. In my personal experiences the Airpods last two years, the Apple Watch three, the iPhone three, the iPad five, and the Macbook seven years before the batteries need replacing. Keep that in mind if access to spare parts such as batteries are an issue.

As usual, other people have other experiences. Especially heat shortens battery lifespan.
Thanks 🙏

SloumaGamer

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2023
First question would be, what's your goal for having an all Apple ecosystem? And then what's your budget and priorities? I'm assuming there's no official Apple presence in your country, so warranty and repair options (or lack of) should be considered as well.

General recommendations:
Without any further info, I would tend to prioritize a laptop, in this case, a MacBook. MacBook can function without iphone, but an iphone requires a Mac or PC for troubleshooting problems.
For base models, I would get the M1 MacBook Air. It's cheaper, and its SSD is not neutered like the M2 model.

Next, iphone. Sounds like you want the cheapest. The 2022 SE has newer SoC and 5G, but as a phone, the 11 imo is better. It has modern design, dual camera, and most importantly, better battery life. If you are buying an iPhone just because, then the SE imo is fine. But if you're buying an iPhone in order to use it as daily driver, the 11 might be the better choice.

So, assuming US MSRP
Base M1 Macbook Air: $999
Base iPhone SE 2022: $429
You are already need to spend at least $1428. And that's only for a phone with 64GB storage, and a laptop with 256GB storage. Not counting accessories.

Think and budget wisely, especially if you want other stuff like iPads, Airpods, Apple Watch, etc.

Here's the basic complete Apple setup I would personally get for quite comfortable and enjoyable usage overall (and using US MSRP, rounded up):
- M1 Macbook Air 16/512: $1400
- iPhone 13 256: $800
- iPad Air wifi 64 + Apple Pencil 2: $730
- 44mm Apple Watch SE: $280
- Airpods Pro 2: $250
Grand total: $3460, excluding accessories. Adding accessories, taxes, mark up prices in your country, I would try to save at least $4000 USD. And these will actually give you a very comfortable setup instead of the bare minimum. If you are going to save and spend that large amount of money, don't make yourself miserable by getting the entry level stuff like a laptop with 8GB RAM or an iPhone SE.
While I understand your point , bear in mind that I'm still a college student and I don't have enough money for all of that , the whole setup or ecosystem will cost me around 2466$ as I've calculated it , and again only the base MacBook air is available in my country which has 8gb of ram unfortunately, but no worries since I do have a gaming rig alongside it , as for the rest , they are sadly expensive for my take now 😔 do you think it's still worth it to still invest in ?

StrollerEd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2011
Scotland
I can't get both the watch and airpods , which is essential than the other from the point of a ecosystem?

Neither is essential ;) But you did place the ecosystem front and centre, hence my comment.
That's the thing , since the iphone SE 3 has a tiny screen , I want to game on a larger screen while in bed or on the go , and honestly I always wanted to get one but couldn't , but since I found that the ipad 9th gen is quite cheap compared to the others , I set my mind to get one lol

Speaking for myself, if I were you etc etc [which I'm not - I'm an old guy in a supposedly first world country] then I would still put the iPad way down the list and get a better iPhone.

Now what would be better? The bigger screen or a phone that would last longer?

The Max of course is bigger, and more expensive, but you would be splashing that (and carrying that) instead of the iPad

SloumaGamer

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2023
Neither is essential ;) But you did place the ecosystem front and centre, hence my comment.

Speaking for myself, if I were you etc etc [which I'm not - I'm an old guy in a supposedly first world country] then I would still put the iPad way down the list and get a better iPhone.

Now what would be better? The bigger screen or a phone that would last longer?

The Max of course is bigger, and more expensive, but you would be splashing that (and carrying that) instead of the iPad
Got it , i'll keep that in my mind

Reactions: StrollerEd

StrollerEd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2011
Scotland
To be brief this time, or of recommended purchase:

1. MacBook Air M1 - try to get 16 RAM/512 SSD but given you have another gaming desktop look for 'best buy' and be happy with 8/256

2. iPhone 13 or even 13 Max - if you can find a 'best buy', especially one from a service provider. The price I paid over 24 months for my iPhone 12 Pro was less than I would for separate SIM free plus a SIM only. And remember, with inflation, that 'interest free' deal is worth money! (The iPhone 13 battery length is much better than the 12, altho I cope well enough you will eat the battery with your gaming.)

3. AirPod of some model - it's another 'best buy' thing. the later the better of course but the ecosystem integration is there with all of them

Then, when you come into more money:

watch or iPad - depending on what itch you have from those 3 above

SloumaGamer

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2023
To be brief this time, or of recommended purchase:

1. MacBook Air M1 - try to get 16 RAM/512 SSD but given you have another gaming desktop look for 'best buy' and be happy with 8/256

2. iPhone 13 or even 13 Max - if you can find a 'best buy', especially one from a service provider. The price I paid over 24 months for my iPhone 12 Pro was less than I would for separate SIM free plus a SIM only. And remember, with inflation, that 'interest free' deal is worth money! (The iPhone 13 battery length is much better than the 12, altho I cope well enough you will eat the battery with your gaming.)

3. AirPod of some model - it's another 'best buy' thing. the later the better of course but the ecosystem integration is there with all of them

Then, when you come into more money:

watch or iPad - depending on what itch you have from those 3 above
Got it!

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
While I understand your point , bear in mind that I'm still a college student and I don't have enough money for all of that , the whole setup or ecosystem will cost me around 2466$ as I've calculated it , and again only the base MacBook air is available in my country which has 8gb of ram unfortunately, but no worries since I do have a gaming rig alongside it , as for the rest , they are sadly expensive for my take now 😔 do you think it's still worth it to still invest in ?
You have to ask yourself, why do you want an Apple ecosystem setup? What's the purpose? That can dictate if the investment is worth it or not. And once you determine the purpose, you can then spec the items that can meet that purpose.

You're in college. Why do you need a MacBook? Are the things required for your classes can be done on a Mac? Are there any required apps that are Windows only? You have to consider those things so you won't waste any money.

For me, if I were to buy expensive gadgets, I would buy what I really need and not compromise in getting the base/lower models just because. If I couldn't afford it, then I will work and save up until I can afford what I need. If you compromised and get the base/lower model than what you really need, you will end up not enjoying the product, and you will spend even more money a second time to get what you need. Better spend once than twice.

SloumaGamer

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2023
You have to ask yourself, why do you want an Apple ecosystem setup? What's the purpose? That can dictate if the investment is worth it or not. And once you determine the purpose, you can then spec the items that can meet that purpose.

You're in college. Why do you need a MacBook? Are the things required for your classes can be done on a Mac? Are there any required apps that are Windows only? You have to consider those things so you won't waste any money.

For me, if I were to buy expensive gadgets, I would buy what I really need and not compromise in getting the base/lower models just because. If I couldn't afford it, then I will work and save up until I can afford what I need. If you compromised and get the base/lower model than what you really need, you will end up not enjoying the product, and you will spend even more money a second time to get what you need. Better spend once than twice.
Agreed! I'm mainly looking into apple ecosystem because I've heard they're quite durable and the most important thing they possess : LONGEVITY , that's honestly all , apart from that I really don't need it THAT much , since I do own other android flagships and a gaming desktop 😅

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Agreed! I'm mainly looking into apple ecosystem because I've heard they're quite durable and the most important thing they possess : LONGEVITY , that's honestly all , apart from that I really don't need it THAT much , since I do own other android flagships and a gaming desktop 😅
How's the authorized Apple service centers in your country? Are they even available? That "longevity" is meaningless if you end up having to go to sketchy repair shop that use fake parts. And you have to get these devices repaired sooner or later, mainly to replace the aging battery. So put that into consideration.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.