Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
This renders/mockups start to look pretty consistent. So this gonna be either a "meh, I've been seeing it for the last 5 months" or a "holly ****!!".

Freida

Suspended
Oct 22, 2010
Best Apple-like render so far. I still hope for few tweaks (especially for the back) but it looks great. Can't wait - my iPhone 4 is ready to retire - actually passing on to my mum who still has 3GS :)))

eiuro

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2013
This looks like the most accurate depiction of what the iPhone 6 will actually look like. I like it a lot. Still simple. I figured they'd go the iPad Air/Mini route to make the whole lineup more cohesive.

rodavilla

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2011
rumors

"which has now been confirmed by a reliable source"

You can't confirm a rumor with another rumor. Anything other than an official announcement by Apple Management is, by definition, a rumor.

Or are they implying that the first source was unreliable?

"confirmed by reliable source" means I am pretty sure the rumor is true, but I have no confirmation, so I'll just say I have a reliable source.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
I love the look of this phone... dislike the glass "breaks" on the back though, didn't like them on the 5/5S either. Would have preferred either all glass or all metal backing (I know, all metal would have blocked some of the radios). The breaks just look tacky. This GOLD render is friggin' ugly though.

I really hope they bring back Space Grey, best color they've used to date. Space Grey with a White Screen would be awesome!

Possibly and I'm only guessing here it might be because some people effect/block radio waves a bit. I know I do.

I affect my FM clock radio depending on where I put my hand near it. I also can't talk on an iPhone while laying on my back. Nobody can ever hear me if I'm laying down on my back while on the phone, but the second I sit back up they're like "ok that's better". I know it sounds weird but I've noticed this with all 3 of my iPhones and the radio thing since I was a kid.

My wife has seen it happen when we watch TV off the antenna too. If I stand at one place we're fine and if I move we lose the digital signal.

C64

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2008
Why not wait a few weeks so they can tell people it's available right now.

C64

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2008
"which has now been confirmed by a reliable source"

You can't confirm a rumor with another rumor. Anything other than an official announcement by Apple Management is, by definition, a rumor.

Or are they implying that the first source was unreliable?

"confirmed by reliable source" means I am pretty sure the rumor is true, but I have no confirmation, so I'll just say I have a reliable source.

The "sourcing" on most of these stories for the past 6 months is highly questionable. It's mostly speculation based on personal expectations and previous dates on which certain products were released.

C64

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2008
The mock ups with the lines were horrible. This one with the glass is awesome.

I agree, this one looks really good. Still don't like white different-material+color on top/bottom on the back though. I'm sure it's very difficult to create a unibody and still have it receive radio signals, but I'm sure Ive lies awake at night trying to figure out how get rid of these kinds of compromises.

hattonna928

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2014
as with every other render/mockup I just have to point out one obvious flaw: They go backwards on the flash. Why on earth would Apple get rid of the True-Tone Flash?? The iPhone 5S has the best flash photos of any phone camera by far!! I've tested it with mine versus some friends' GS4's and GS5's as well as a Nokia Lumia. Their single tone flashes don't come close to the dynamic coloration of the true-tone flash. My pictures always end up with better color because of the way the true-tone flash works.

No way apple will get rid of that.

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
as with every other render/mockup I just have to point out one obvious flaw: They go backwards on the flash. Why on earth would Apple get rid of the True-Tone Flash?? The iPhone 5S has the best flash photos of any phone camera by far!! I've tested it with mine versus some friends' GS4's and GS5's as well as a Nokia Lumia. Their single tone flashes don't come close to the dynamic coloration of the true-tone flash. My pictures always end up with better color because of the way the true-tone flash works.

No way apple will get rid of that.

They can fit 2 LEDs in a circle, or even a color changing LED.

rdlink

macrumors 68040
Nov 10, 2007
Out of the Reach of the FBI
I love the look of this phone... dislike the glass "breaks" on the back though, didn't like them on the 5/5S either. Would have preferred either all glass or all metal backing (I know, all metal would have blocked some of the radios). The breaks just look tacky. This GOLD render is friggin' ugly though.

I really hope they bring back Space Grey, best color they've used to date. Space Grey with a White Screen would be awesome!

I agree with the glass panels statement. Even though I bought a 5, and currently own a 5S, I have never liked the aesthetics as much as the 4/4S. Would love it if the new phone went back in that direction.

bdkennedy1

Suspended
Oct 24, 2002
Right?

Attachments

• iphones_c_716783.jpg
    iphones_c_716783.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 190

MoreAwesomeDanU

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2010
im starting to thinking about unsubscribing macrumors.

I mean really? When HAVEN'T apple announced their phones in september and releasing them later in the month, for the past i don't know, 6 years??

Its like if CNN announced *BREAKING NEWS: THE SKY IS BLUE"

zzzzzzzzz

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
im starting to thinking about unsubscribing macrumors.

I mean really? When HAVEN'T apple announced their phones in september and releasing them later in the month, for the past i don't know, 6 years??

Its like if CNN announced *BREAKING NEWS: THE SKY IS BLUE"

zzzzzzzzz

To be fair the first four phones were released in the summer. :) But yeah, this is getting repetitive.

SgtFire

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2014
What gets me is

The comments stating this is close to what we'll see or other similar comments. You guys don't know *****! Best to keep your mouth shut and people think you a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.